|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faber, what is inevitable?
(a) A mindless society
(c) The end of books
(d) Death from the coming war
2. How does Mildred’s guest react to the poem?
(a) By fainting
(b) By slapping Montag
(c) By bursting into tears
(d) By demanding that Montag be quiet
3. For what do Montag and Faber devise a plan during their first meeting?
(a) Escaping their society
(b) Montag's education
(c) Creating a library
(d) Finding Clarisse
4. What does Montag hear a persistent advertisement for while riding the train?
(a) Denham's Dentifrice
(b) Mildred’s favorite soap opera
(c) Morlock's Menties
(d) Glueless Gummies
5. Which Book does Montag take a special interest in and bring to Faber’s house?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) An American History textbook
(c) The Bible
(d) War and Peace
6. What does Montag do to finally convince Faber to help him in his quest?
(a) He threatens Faber
(b) He threatens to kill himself
(c) He tears pages out of the book
(d) He brings out a can of kerosene
7. Who is Mildred entertaining when Montag comes home from Faber’s?
(b) Her girlfriends
(c) Captain Beatty
(d) The next-door neighbor
8. What does Faber ask Montag to do on his way home from their first meeting?
(a) Get some rest for the fight ahead
(b) Write out a plan for reproducing books
(c) Withdraw money from his bank account
(d) Spy on the firehouse
9. What poem does Montag read during his confrontation with Mildred?
(a) A Dream Deferred
(b) Sonnet XVI
(c) Dover Beach
(d) Apple Picking
10. What game does Montag play with his fellow firemen before the confrontation?
11. Whose house is scheduled to be burned at the end of Part Two?
12. What does Montag dread doing with the book he’s taken a special interest in?
(a) Burning it
(b) Reading it
(c) Returning it to Beatty
(d) Explaining it to Mildred
13. How does Faber react to Montag’s decision to read the poem aloud?
(a) He is apathetic
(b) He is mortified
(c) He is confused
(d) He is proud
14. According to Faber, what is missing from most people’s lives, causing unhappiness?
(b) Fulfilling jobs
15. How does Beatty treat the stolen book Montag returns?
(a) He forces Montag to burn it then and there
(b) He shreds it with his bare hands
(c) He tosses it unceremoniously in the trash
(d) He reads it aloud to the firehouse, mocking the words
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Faber feel partially responsible?
2. On Montag’s first day back at work, what does Beatty try to convince him to do?
3. Whose image do advertisers use to sell products?
4. What did a cousin once bet Montag a dime he couldn’t do?
5. What effect is reading having on Montag?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)