|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning, how does Montag feel about his confrontation with Mildred about the poem?
2. What does Montag do to finally convince Faber to help him in his quest?
(a) He tears pages out of the book
(b) He brings out a can of kerosene
(c) He threatens Faber
(d) He threatens to kill himself
3. What does Montag hear a persistent advertisement for while riding the train?
(a) Morlock's Menties
(b) Denham's Dentifrice
(c) Mildred’s favorite soap opera
(d) Glueless Gummies
4. What interrupts Montag’s confrontation with Beatty?
(a) The fire alarm sounding
(b) The building exploding
(c) The sounds of sirens wailing
(d) The fire hound barking
5. What game does Montag play with his fellow firemen before the confrontation?
6. For what does Faber feel partially responsible?
(a) How far the book burning has gone
(b) Montag's discontent
(c) Clarisse’s death
(d) The elderly woman’s death
7. How does Montag explain his disillusionment with society?
(a) He said the elderly woman made his appreciate life for the first time
(b) He says it feels as if something is missing
(c) He says the words of great philosophers before him have infiltrated his mind
(d) He says that the impending war has caused him to question government
8. What does Montag dread doing with the book he’s taken a special interest in?
(a) Returning it to Beatty
(b) Reading it
(c) Explaining it to Mildred
(d) Burning it
9. According to Faber, what is inevitable?
(a) Death from the coming war
(b) A mindless society
(d) The end of books
10. Who is Mildred entertaining when Montag comes home from Faber’s?
(a) The next-door neighbor
(c) Captain Beatty
(d) Her girlfriends
11. How does Captain Beatty fit into Montag and Faber’s secret plan?
(a) They want to kill him
(b) They want to recruit him
(c) They want to learn more about him
(d) They want him to be their leader
12. What did a cousin once bet Montag a dime he couldn’t do?
(a) Fill a sieve with sand
(b) Push a rock up a hill
(c) Walk across fire
(d) Swallow a sword
13. Which Book does Montag take a special interest in and bring to Faber’s house?
(a) An American History textbook
(b) War and Peace
(c) Romeo and Juliet
(d) The Bible
14. How does Beatty treat the stolen book Montag returns?
(a) He tosses it unceremoniously in the trash
(b) He shreds it with his bare hands
(c) He forces Montag to burn it then and there
(d) He reads it aloud to the firehouse, mocking the words
15. How does Faber help Montag during the confrontation with Beatty?
(a) By punching Beatty in the face
(b) By telling him how to blackmail Beatty
(c) By making prank calls to the firehouse
(d) By whispering advice into his ear
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Montag and Faber devise a plan during their first meeting?
2. Whose image do advertisers use to sell products?
3. What is Mildred doing when Montag returns home from Faber’s house?
4. What does Faber ask Montag to do on his way home from their first meeting?
5. What did Faber invent for secret communication?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)