|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Montag wants to talk to Faber, what does he realize he must do?
(a) Take a train to Faber's house
(b) Leave his wife
(c) Turn himself in to the police
(d) Wear a disguise
2. What has Mildred been pressuring her husband to do?
(a) Take her to the beach
(b) Go to a fertility specialist
(c) Quit his job
(d) Add television to the fourth wall in the living room
3. Which of the following best describes Montag’s mood when the ambulance drivers arrive?
4. How does Faber react to Montag’s initial request?
(a) He rejects him
(b) He bursts into tears
(c) He convulses with fear
(d) He accepts
5. What is the most important thing in Mildred’s life?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her education
(c) Her television
(d) Her religion
6. What does Montag think about before he goes to sleep on the night of the accident?
(a) Mildred’s attempted suicide
(b) Clarisse and her family
(c) All that he has lost
(d) His childhood in out in the country
7. What aspect of Clarisse’s personality takes Montag aback?
(a) Her candidness
(b) Her innocence
(c) Her confidence
(d) Her cruelty
8. During their first meeting, what does Montag ask Faber to do to help him?
(a) Lend him money
(b) Actively join the rebellion
(c) Become his teacher
(d) Move back to the city
9. How did Clarisse die?
(a) She died in a house fire
(b) She was poisoned
(c) She drowned
(d) She was run over by a car
10. How does Faber show his fear toward Montag in Part I?
(a) He calls the police
(b) He punches him
(c) He hangs up on him
(d) He warns him to stay away
11. At the beginning of the novel, how does Montag feel about his job?
(a) He believes he is doing his civic duty
(b) He is proud to be considered a hero
(c) He is proud to have followed in his father's footsteps
(d) He feels ashamed to be harming innocent people
12. How does Montag accidentally frighten Professor Faber?
(a) By asking him to turn himself in
(b) By admitting that he’s read War and Peace
(c) By mentioning Clarisse
(d) By asking him about a book
13. How does the mechanical firedog react when it senses an enemy?
(a) It growls and barks
(b) It shakes
(c) It whimpers
(d) It beeps
14. Why does a specific sound frighten Montag as he is reading in the kitchen?
(a) Because he thinks the Captain has returned
(b) Because Clarisse is dead
(c) Because there are no birds in his society
(d) Because he thinks he is going to be caught reading
15. In Montag’s society, what is assumed about all the citizens?
(a) They are fearful
(b) They are educated
(c) They are happy
(d) They are patriotic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faber believe television has done to Jesus' image?
2. What does Montag use to start the fire in the attic book owner’s home?
3. According to Mildred, who are the only people she trusts?
4. Who actually lights the fire at the attic book owner’s home?
5. After his night with Clarisse, what shocking sight does Montag return home to?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)