|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Montag so fascinated with Clarisse?
(a) He has never met a woman so beautiful
(b) She has a very unusual way of thinking
(c) Because any woman is more interesting than Mildred
(d) He likes the danger of sneaking around with her
2. What conclusion does Clarisse come to when checking whether Montag is in love?
(a) He does not believe in love
(b) He was in love but had his heart broken
(c) He is not in love
(d) He is incapable of love
3. How does Mildred react to the ambulance drivers’ arrival?
(a) She is angry
(b) She is hysterical
(c) She is sad
(d) She never wakes
4. Who actually lights the fire at the attic book owner’s home?
(a) The homeowner
(c) Captain Beatty
(d) The accusing neighbor
5. Who do Montag and Clarisse do each morning?
(a) Walk to work
(b) Have coffee
(c) Make love
(d) Discuss poetry
6. How does Mildred respond to Montag's story about the book owner's death?
(a) She is devastated
(b) She is indifferent
(c) She is amused
(d) She is terrified
7. What does the interactive box in the Montag living room allow Mildred to do?
(a) Video conference with her family and friends
(b) Monitor the security of her home
(c) Communicate with Montag while he’s at work
(d) Interact with the characters on her television shows
8. What passes overhead that makes Montag feel urgency about his mission to understand?
(a) A helicopter
(b) A shooting star
(c) A bomber plane
(d) A white dove
9. What does Clarisse ask Montag after their first meeting, before she goes home?
(a) If he is happy
(b) If he has ever wanted to travel
(c) If he plays sports
(d) If he has a dog
10. What has Mildred been pressuring her husband to do?
(a) Quit his job
(b) Go to a fertility specialist
(c) Add television to the fourth wall in the living room
(d) Take her to the beach
11. Which of the following facts is true about Clarisse?
(a) She is Montag’s neighbor
(b) She is somber
(c) She has no sense of humor
(d) She is the daughter of a highly placed politic figure
12. Who is least affected by the book owner's death?
(b) The neighbor
(d) Captain Beatty
13. Who turned the attic book owner over to the authorities?
(a) A schoolteacher
(b) A priest
(c) A stranger
(d) A neighbor
14. According to Faber, what is the only magical thing in the world?
15. Which of the following causes increased paranoia for Montag?
(a) His wife's suicide attempts
(b) Clarisse's incessant questions
(c) The objects hidden in his house
(d) The way his coworkers assess him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mildred grateful when the phone rings during Montag’s tirade about the truth?
2. How does Montag distance himself from Clarisse so no one grows suspicious of them?
3. On the morning after the accident, what is Mildred anxious for Montag to do?
4. What is Guy Montag's main responsibly as a fireman?
5. How does Faber feel about the Bible?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)