|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Sieve and the Sand Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes overhead that makes Montag feel urgency about his mission to understand?
(a) A white dove
(b) A bomber plane
(c) A shooting star
(d) A helicopter
2. How does Faber show his fear toward Montag in Part I?
(a) He warns him to stay away
(b) He calls the police
(c) He hangs up on him
(d) He punches him
3. How does Beatty treat the stolen book Montag returns?
(a) He shreds it with his bare hands
(b) He tosses it unceremoniously in the trash
(c) He reads it aloud to the firehouse, mocking the words
(d) He forces Montag to burn it then and there
4. What interrupts Montag’s confrontation with Beatty?
(a) The sounds of sirens wailing
(b) The building exploding
(c) The fire alarm sounding
(d) The fire hound barking
5. While out with Montag one afternoon, what does Clarisse urge him to taste?
(a) Imported chocolate
(b) The rain
(c) Sassafras root
(d) Her blood
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faber, what don’t people need to be happy?
2. How did Clarisse die?
3. What is the most important thing in Mildred’s life?
4. Why does Montag hide his books in the bushes behind his house?
5. How does Faber react to Montag’s initial request?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)