|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Sieve and the Sand Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Montag first meet Clarisse?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
2. Which members of society are sent to asylums if caught?
(a) Book owners
(b) Religious fanatics
(d) The unemployed
3. How did Clarisse die?
(a) She died in a house fire
(b) She was run over by a car
(c) She was poisoned
(d) She drowned
4. What interrupts Montag’s confrontation with Beatty?
(a) The sounds of sirens wailing
(b) The fire hound barking
(c) The building exploding
(d) The fire alarm sounding
5. How does Mildred react to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
(a) She is angry
(b) She is afraid
(c) She is confused
(d) She is uninterested
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Montag read during his confrontation with Mildred?
2. What has changed about Montag’s life since the character went missing?
3. How does Beatty treat the stolen book Montag returns?
4. As Montag listens to Mildred’s conversation with Ann, what does he realize about his wife?
5. How does the mechanical firedog react when it senses an enemy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)