|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Sieve and the Sand Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning after the accident, what is Mildred anxious for Montag to do?
(a) See a doctor
(b) Go back to bed
(c) Leave the house
(d) Report Clarisse's family
2. Which of the following facts is true about Clarisse?
(a) She has no sense of humor
(b) She is Montag’s neighbor
(c) She is somber
(d) She is the daughter of a highly placed politic figure
3. Whose image do advertisers use to sell products?
(a) The President’s
(c) The Firemen’s
(d) No one’s. Images in advertising are banned
4. Who tells Montag that Clarisse is dead?
(a) The attic book owner
(b) Captain Beatty
5. Why is Montag so fascinated with Clarisse?
(a) She has a very unusual way of thinking
(b) He has never met a woman so beautiful
(c) He likes the danger of sneaking around with her
(d) Because any woman is more interesting than Mildred
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mildred entertaining when Montag comes home from Faber’s?
2. What has Mildred been pressuring her husband to do?
3. What does Montag search for as he reads through the hidden books?
4. How does Faber react to Montag’s decision to read the poem aloud?
5. What shocks Montag when he first observes Clarisse's family?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)