|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Sieve and the Sand Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes up three full walls in the Montag's living room?
(a) An abstract painting
(c) The television
2. How does Montag react to Clarisse's question?
(a) He is confused by her inquiry
(b) He is disturbed by it
(c) He thinks it's none of her business
(d) He is happy to answer
3. Who actually lights the fire at the attic book owner’s home?
(a) The accusing neighbor
(c) Captain Beatty
(d) The homeowner
4. How does Mildred act toward Montag the next morning, after the accident?
(a) Cool and calculated
(d) Passive aggressive
5. At the beginning of the novel, how does Montag feel about his job?
(a) He is proud to have followed in his father's footsteps
(b) He is proud to be considered a hero
(c) He feels ashamed to be harming innocent people
(d) He believes he is doing his civic duty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Montag want to find to help him in his quest for knowledge?
2. What does Montag think about before he goes to sleep on the night of the accident?
3. Why does a specific sound frighten Montag as he is reading in the kitchen?
4. What did Faber invent for secret communication?
5. What does Montag dread doing with the book he’s taken a special interest in?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)