|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Sieve and the Sand Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Montag wants to talk to Faber, what does he realize he must do?
(a) Turn himself in to the police
(b) Leave his wife
(c) Take a train to Faber's house
(d) Wear a disguise
2. Why does Montag believe the firedog has come to view him as an enemy?
(a) Because its computer system is defective
(b) Because he really is an enemy
(c) Because it is getting old
(d) Because someone has programmed it against him
3. How does Mildred react to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
(a) She is confused
(b) She is afraid
(c) She is angry
(d) She is uninterested
4. What aspect of Montag's job enthralls him?
(a) Rescuing cats and other animals
(b) Watching fire burn
(c) Meeting the cute nurses at the hospital
(d) Sliding down the fire pole when the alarm rings
5. When Mildred talks about “her family,” whom is she referring to?
(a) Her siblings
(b) The members of her church
(c) Her best friends from high school
(d) The characters on her favorite TV shows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faber think books smell like?
2. How does the mechanical firedog react when it senses an enemy?
3. What flusters Montag when he arrived at the book burning in the attic?
4. For what does Faber feel partially responsible?
5. How does Faber show his fear toward Montag in Part I?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)