|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Hearth and the Salamander.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mildred and Ann spend their time talking about?
(a) Government censorship
(b) Their husbands
(c) Soap operas
(d) Baking recipes
2. What causes Faber to relax when he sees Montag?
(a) He sees a book tucked under Montag's arm
(b) Montag quotes one of the leaders of the underground rebellion
(c) Montag offers him a bottle of wine
(d) He sees that Montag has worn his fireman uniform
3. What has changed about Montag’s life since the character went missing?
(a) He has been promoted
(b) He has to pick up extra shifts at work
(c) He has full reign over the television
(d) He walks to work alone
4. How does Faber feel about the Bible?
(a) He calls it the history of Christianity
(b) He believes it is God's sacred word
(c) He fears its powerful history
(d) He despises it as trash
5. After his night with Clarisse, what shocking sight does Montag return home to?
(a) Mildred making love to another man
(b) His house has burned down
(c) Mildred overdosed on sleeping pills
(d) Mildred angrily awaits his return, a gun in hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarisse do to check whether or not someone is in love?
2. What does Montag steal from the attic book owner’s home?
3. What has Mildred been pressuring her husband to do?
4. What has changed about the ambulance drivers’ schedule in the past two years?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how does Montag feel about his job?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)