|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Hearth and the Salamander.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Montag believe the firedog has come to view him as an enemy?
(a) Because he really is an enemy
(b) Because its computer system is defective
(c) Because someone has programmed it against him
(d) Because it is getting old
2. What takes up three full walls in the Montag's living room?
(a) An abstract painting
(c) The television
3. What shocks Montag when he first observes Clarisse's family?
(a) The family sleeps with the lights on and the curtains open
(b) The family dresses in rags, though they are rich
(c) The entire family is awake
(d) They look nothing like Clarisse
4. How does the mechanical firedog react when it senses an enemy?
(a) It shakes
(b) It beeps
(c) It growls and barks
(d) It whimpers
5. How does Mildred react to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
(a) She is uninterested
(b) She is afraid
(c) She is confused
(d) She is angry
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mildred grateful when the phone rings during Montag’s tirade about the truth?
2. According to Faber, what is the only magical thing in the world?
3. What noise frightens Montag as he reads in his kitchen?
4. Why is Montag so fascinated with Clarisse?
5. Who tells Montag that Clarisse is dead?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)