|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Burning Bright Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Montag’s first day back at work, what does Beatty try to convince him to do?
(a) Confess that he’s stolen the books
(b) Instigate another book burning
(c) Treat his job more enthusiastically
(d) Turn against Faber
2. Which of the following best describes Beatty’s mood at Montag’s house burning?
3. How does Montag distance himself from Clarisse so no one grows suspicious of them?
(a) He crosses to the other side of the street
(b) He walks rapidly so as to lose her
(c) He walks two paces behind her
(d) He does not distance himself
4. Why does Montag hide his books in the bushes behind his house?
(a) To protect Mildred in case he’s caught
(b) To protect them in case his house is burned down
(c) To make them easier to snatch when he runs away in the middle of the night
(d) Because he no longer trusts Mildred
5. How does Mildred react to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
(a) She is confused
(b) She is angry
(c) She is uninterested
(d) She is afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Faber going on the 5:00 a.m. train?
2. How many bombs hit the city?
3. What does Beatty instruct Montag to use when torching his house?
4. On the morning after the accident, what is Mildred anxious for Montag to do?
5. How does Faber react to Montag’s initial request?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)