|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Burning Bright Abstract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montag search for as he reads through the hidden books?
(a) A reason for so many lives to be lost
(b) Religious freedom
(c) A connection to Clarisse
(d) The meaning of life
2. Why does Mildred react the way she does to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
(a) Because she doesn’t want to go to jail
(b) Because she is jealous of Clarisse
(c) Because she is angry with Montag
(d) Because she doesn’t understand the significance of the sound
3. What does Beatty instruct Montag to use when torching his house?
(a) A book of matches
(b) A flamethrower
(c) A blowtorch
(d) A gallon of gasoline
4. In Montag’s society, what is assumed about all the citizens?
(a) They are educated
(b) They are patriotic
(c) They are happy
(d) They are fearful
5. How does Beatty get hold of Montag’s earpiece?
(a) He knocks it out of Montag’s head
(b) He steals it from the bedroom
(c) He asks for it
(d) He rips it out of Montag's ear
Short Answer Questions
1. If Montag wants to talk to Faber, what does he realize he must do?
2. Which of the following best describes Montag’s mood when the ambulance drivers arrive?
3. From which book of the Bible does the novel’s ending quote come from?
4. Which of the following is true about Montag’s escape?
5. What does Montag want to find to help him in his quest for knowledge?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)