Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Essay Topic 1
The laws of Chivalry were extremely important to some of the characters in this book--so much so that some were willing to die or kill in order to uphold those laws. Who were these characters willing to kill or die for the laws, and how did these laws effect these character's lives? What laws were broken, and how were they justified?
Essay Topic 2
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)