|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
2. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
3. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
4. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
5. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is an ongoing theme in this book as Spenser juxtaposes a number of different couples throughout the plot. Explore the best and the worst of these relationships. What makes the best one good and the worst one bad? Are they realistic at all?
Essay Topic 2
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
Essay Topic 3
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)