|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
2. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
3. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
5. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Calidore allows Scandal to live after he spends most of his time in the book chasing after him. Why do you think he does this? What good or bad came from this decision? How would the plot have been altered if he had killed the Beast?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
Essay Topic 3
In The House of Pride, Spenser provides us with an extremely powerful symbolic procession of seven figures. Describe these in detail and discuss their symbolism.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)