|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
2. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
3. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
4. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
5. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
Essay Topic 2
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of settling for cheap imitations in place of the real deal is very vividly explored with the creation of Snowy Florimell. Why might the Witch's son, along with many other characters from the book, have been so satisfied with the false version of a real woman? What made her so appealing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)