|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
2. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
3. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
4. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
5. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of settling for cheap imitations in place of the real deal is very vividly explored with the creation of Snowy Florimell. Why might the Witch's son, along with many other characters from the book, have been so satisfied with the false version of a real woman? What made her so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)