Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Essay Topic 1
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
Essay Topic 2
In The House of Pride, Spenser provides us with an extremely powerful symbolic procession of seven figures. Describe these in detail and discuss their symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
On his way home from completing his mission, Artegall meets two hags, Envy and Detraction. Talus tries to kill them, but Artegall stops him. Why were they allowed to live? What part do they play in society? Would you have killed them? Are they all bad? Are there things we would not have right now without them? What would change if they were not alive and well in society? What do we not have that we would if they had been vanquished?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)