|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
2. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
3. How many days does Artegall have to get to Grantoro's castle before Eirena will be killed?
4. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
5. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
Essay Topic 1
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
Essay Topic 2
Love is an ongoing theme in this book as Spenser juxtaposes a number of different couples throughout the plot. Explore the best and the worst of these relationships. What makes the best one good and the worst one bad? Are they realistic at all?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)