Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Essay Topic 1
The idea of settling for cheap imitations in place of the real deal is very vividly explored with the creation of Snowy Florimell. Why might the Witch's son, along with many other characters from the book, have been so satisfied with the false version of a real woman? What made her so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)