|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
2. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
3. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
4. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
5. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
Essay Topic 2
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
Essay Topic 3
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)