Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Calidore puts aside his life as a knight to join the shepherds. Why do you think he does this? What was so attractive about this change? How did this change effect him? Do you think he got what he wanted out of the experience?
On his way home from completing his mission, Artegall meets two hags, Envy and Detraction. Talus tries to kill them, but Artegall stops him. Why were they allowed to live? What part do they play in society? Would you have killed them? Are they all bad? Are there things we would not have right now without them? What would change if they were not alive and well in society? What do we not have that we would if they had been vanquished?
Braggadochio is a very foolish and pompous character in this book. What is his real weakness? Where is it illustrated best? How does his folly change the way the plot goes?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)