Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
The appearance of the Salvage Man brings up an interesting argument. Can men be truly civilized without education? Can education truly civilize even the worst of men? What are your feelings on the importance of education? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
Spenser uses the names of his characters as a form of satire on society. He takes some of the key values, emotions, and components of our beings and personifies them in his book. Take five of these names and illustrate whether or not you agree with his stance on that character. Is the description accurate? What would you have changed?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)