|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
2. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
3. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
4. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
5. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Spenser uses the names of his characters as a form of satire on society. He takes some of the key values, emotions, and components of our beings and personifies them in his book. Take five of these names and illustrate whether or not you agree with his stance on that character. Is the description accurate? What would you have changed?
Essay Topic 3
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)