|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
2. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other?
3. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
4. What does Talus do to Brggadochio for stealing Guyon's horse?
5. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1On his way home from completing his mission, Artegall meets two hags, Envy and Detraction. Talus tries to kill them, but Artegall stops him. Why were they allowed to live? What part do they play in society? Would you have killed them? Are they all bad? Are there things we would not have right now without them? What would change if they were not alive and well in society? What do we not have that we would if they had been vanquished?
Essay Topic 2Braggadochio is a very foolish and pompous character in this book. What is his real weakness? Where is it illustrated best? How does his folly change the way the plot goes?
Essay Topic 3Spenser blamed the degeneration of society on the tossing aside of certain values and wrote this book as a satire on this issue. What are some of the best examples from the book that display this point? Are they effective enough to leave an impression? Why or why not?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)