|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
2. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
3. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
4. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
5. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
Essay Topic 2
In The House of Pride, Spenser provides us with an extremely powerful symbolic procession of seven figures. Describe these in detail and discuss their symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)