|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
2. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
3. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
4. Which of these is one thing that Mutability does NOT claim to control?
5. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
Essay Topic 2
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)