|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
2. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
3. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
4. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
5. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
Essay Topic 2
The laws of Chivalry were extremely important to some of the characters in this book--so much so that some were willing to die or kill in order to uphold those laws. Who were these characters willing to kill or die for the laws, and how did these laws effect these character's lives? What laws were broken, and how were they justified?
Essay Topic 3
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)