|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
2. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
3. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
4. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
5. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser plays on the stereotypical gender roles quite a bit in this book. Many of his characters step over that gender role line. What are the most important crossovers and how do they effect the outcome of the book? Are there people in our society today doing the same thing?
Essay Topic 3
Braggadochio is a very foolish and pompous character in this book. What is his real weakness? Where is it illustrated best? How does his folly change the way the plot goes?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)