Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Calidore puts aside his life as a knight to join the shepherds. Why do you think he does this? What was so attractive about this change? How did this change effect him? Do you think he got what he wanted out of the experience?
Spenser blamed the degeneration of society on the tossing aside of certain values and wrote this book as a satire on this issue. What are some of the best examples from the book that display this point? Are they effective enough to leave an impression? Why or why not?
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)