|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
Essay Topic 1
Love is an ongoing theme in this book as Spenser juxtaposes a number of different couples throughout the plot. Explore the best and the worst of these relationships. What makes the best one good and the worst one bad? Are they realistic at all?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)