|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A White lamb.
(b) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(c) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(d) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(b) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(c) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(d) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(b) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(c) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(d) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
5. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He is sure she is in love with another.
(b) He fears the wrath of her father.
(c) He feels too low for her great standards.
(d) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
2. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
2. What does the Witch do to pacify her son's rejection?
3. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
4. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
5. Who is Calidore most worried about, and why?
6. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
7. What does Arthur make Turpine promise to do in order to keep his life? Why do you think he does this?
8. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
9. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
10. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)