|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(b) Looking for berries.
(c) Running from a group of lusty men.
(d) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(b) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(c) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(d) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
3. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) The House of Holiness.
(b) An island of pleasures.
(c) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(d) A desolate land.
5. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(b) A future virgin queen.
(c) An evil enchantress.
(d) Another great female knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
2. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
5. Who is the victor of the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Souldon die?
2. Why does Belphoebe dwell in the woods when she was born to higher things?
3. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
4. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
5. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
6. What does the blood on the baby's hands symbolize?
7. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
8. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
9. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
10. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)