|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(c) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(d) Error's children help him destroy her.
2. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(b) Archimago orders him to stop.
(c) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
3. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Dwarf.
4. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(b) He saves her life.
(c) He runs away with her in the knight.
(d) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(b) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
(c) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(d) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
2. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
4. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
5. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
2. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
3. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
4. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
5. What does Calepine think determines a man's destiny?
6. Who is Calidore searching for, and what does it represent?
7. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
8. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
9. How does Souldon die?
10. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)