|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(c) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(d) Error's children help him destroy her.
2. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
(b) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(c) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(d) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
3. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) To avenge the death of his parents.
(c) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
4. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(c) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(d) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
5. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(b) A week of servitude.
(c) The broken spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
5. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
2. Why is Britomart so upset about Artegall's situation?
3. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
4. What keeps Timias from declaring his love for Belphoebe?
5. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
6. Explain what happened to Guyon while he was with Mammon.
7. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other and why do you think this occurs?
8. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
9. Why does Belphoebe dwell in the woods when she was born to higher things?
10. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)