|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(d) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
2. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Running from a group of lusty men.
(b) Looking for berries.
(c) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(d) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
3. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(b) His brothers gave him their life force.
(c) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(d) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
5. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(b) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(c) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(d) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
2. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
5. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
2. How does Marinell find Florimell?
3. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
4. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
5. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
6. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
7. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
8. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other and why do you think this occurs?
9. What does Calepine think determines a man's destiny?
10. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)