|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
(b) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
(c) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
(d) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
2. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(b) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(c) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
(d) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
3. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(c) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(d) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
4. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(c) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(d) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
5. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon offended him.
(d) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
4. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
5. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
2. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
3. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
4. What were some notable differences between The House of Pride and The House of Holiness?
5. What happens when Britomart meets Artegall, and why is this so ironic?
6. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
7. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
8. Explain the sad story of Phedon.
9. Where does Arthur find the monster?
10. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)