|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
(a) An evil magician has taken away his love, Amoret, against her will.
(b) Amoret, his betrothed has run away with another knight.
(c) He has been unfaithful to Amoret, his love, and is shamed by his actions.
(d) His castle is being burnt down by Amoret.
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
3. Why is Amoret so uncomfortable about traveling with Britomart?
(a) She feels so indebted, but has no way to repay her.
(b) She is afraid that Sir Scudamore, her husband, will be unhappy.
(c) She is afraid that Britomart will ask for information that she has promised to tell no one.
(d) She fears for her virtue because she does not know that Britomart is a woman.
4. Who is the victor of the tournament?
(a) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
2. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
3. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
4. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
5. What were some notable differences between The House of Pride and The House of Holiness?
6. What does Calepine think determines a man's destiny?
7. What keeps Timias from declaring his love for Belphoebe?
8. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
9. How is Florimell finally saved?
10. What happens to The Red Cross Knight at The House of Holiness?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)