|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(b) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(c) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(d) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The lover of Acrasia.
(b) The father of Furor.
(c) The brother of Archimago.
(d) The King of the Land.
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(d) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
4. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
5. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
2. What does The Hairy Carl do to his victims?
3. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
4. Who is Calidore most worried about, and why?
5. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
6. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
7. How does Souldon die?
8. Who is Calidore searching for, and what does it represent?
9. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
10. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)