|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) He is Archimago in disguise.
(c) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
2. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Skin-searing acid.
(b) Knives and swords.
(c) Moldy books and papers.
3. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He runs away with her in the knight.
(b) He saves her life.
(c) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(d) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
4. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(d) A lion who would have eaten her.
5. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
(a) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
4. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
2. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
3. Why does The Palmer stop Guyon from protecting Pyrochles from Occasion?
4. What happens when Britomart meets Artegall, and why is this so ironic?
5. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
6. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
7. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
8. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
9. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
10. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)