|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He found it wandering in the woods.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) He inherited it from his uncle.
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Dwarf.
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are where decisions are made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
2. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
3. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
5. What is Britomart's quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Souldon die?
2. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
3. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
4. Why does The Palmer stop Guyon from protecting Pyrochles from Occasion?
5. How is Florimell finally saved?
6. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
7. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
8. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
9. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
10. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)