|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
2. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
(b) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(c) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(d) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(b) An Angel and the Palmer.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The father of Furor.
(b) The lover of Acrasia.
(c) The brother of Archimago.
(d) The King of the Land.
5. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To aid the plight of Una.
(c) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(d) To avenge the death of her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
3. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
4. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
2. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
3. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
4. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
5. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
6. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
7. What does The Hairy Carl do to his victims?
8. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
9. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
10. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)