|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
2. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her past.
(c) Her future as a great knight.
(d) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The father of Furor.
(b) The lover of Acrasia.
(c) The brother of Archimago.
(d) The King of the Land.
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(c) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(d) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
2. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the sad story of Phedon.
2. Who is Calidore most worried about, and why?
3. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
4. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
5. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
6. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
7. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
8. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
9. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
10. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)