|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(c) Her future as a great knight.
(d) Her past.
2. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
(b) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
(c) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
(d) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
3. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(b) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(c) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(d) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
4. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He eats her horse.
(b) He tears himself apart in shame.
(c) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
(d) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
5. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(b) A White lamb.
(c) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(d) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
3. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
4. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
5. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
2. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
3. What does the Witch do to pacify her son's rejection?
4. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
5. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
6. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
7. Why does The Palmer stop Guyon from protecting Pyrochles from Occasion?
8. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
9. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
10. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)