Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(b) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(c) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(d) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(b) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(d) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
2. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
5. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Florimell finally saved?
2. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
3. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
4. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
5. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
6. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
7. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
8. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
9. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
10. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)