|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(b) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(c) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(d) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(d) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) Error's children help him destroy her.
(b) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(c) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(d) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(d) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
5. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
3. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
2. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
3. Why do The Dwarf and The Red Cross Knight flee the House of Pride?
4. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
6. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
7. How does Marinell find Florimell?
8. Who is Calidore most worried about, and why?
9. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
10. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other and why do you think this occurs?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)