|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A lion.
(c) A great stallion.
(d) A tiger.
2. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(b) To avenge the death of his parents.
(c) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(d) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
3. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
(a) He has been unfaithful to Amoret, his love, and is shamed by his actions.
(b) His castle is being burnt down by Amoret.
(c) An evil magician has taken away his love, Amoret, against her will.
(d) Amoret, his betrothed has run away with another knight.
4. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) An evil enchantress.
(b) Another great female knight.
(c) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(d) A future virgin queen.
5. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(b) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(c) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
(d) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
5. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
2. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
3. Explain the sad story of Phedon.
4. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
5. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
6. What does the blood on the baby's hands symbolize?
7. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
8. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
9. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
10. What were some notable differences between The House of Pride and The House of Holiness?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)