|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(c) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(d) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
3. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She prepares a glorious feast.
(b) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(c) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
3. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
2. Who is Calidore searching for, and what does it represent?
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
4. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
5. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
6. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
7. Explain what was shown to Britomart in the magic mirror of Merlin.
8. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
9. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
10. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)