|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
(b) He tears himself apart in shame.
(c) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(d) He eats her horse.
2. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(a) The Snowy Florimell.
3. Why is Amoret so uncomfortable about traveling with Britomart?
(a) She feels so indebted, but has no way to repay her.
(b) She fears for her virtue because she does not know that Britomart is a woman.
(c) She is afraid that Britomart will ask for information that she has promised to tell no one.
(d) She is afraid that Sir Scudamore, her husband, will be unhappy.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
2. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
3. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
4. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
5. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
2. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
3. Explain what was shown to Britomart in the magic mirror of Merlin.
4. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
5. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
6. How is Acrasia finally captured?
7. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
8. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
9. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
10. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)