|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(b) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
(c) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(d) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
2. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He fears the wrath of her father.
(b) He feels too low for her great standards.
(c) He is sure she is in love with another.
(d) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(b) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(c) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(d) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
4. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(b) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(c) She has magical powers.
(d) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
5. Who is the victor of the tournament?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
2. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
2. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
3. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
4. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
5. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
6. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
7. What were some notable differences between The House of Pride and The House of Holiness?
8. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
9. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
10. Where does Arthur find the monster?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)