|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(c) The Goddess Venus.
(d) The Goddess Diana.
2. Why is Amoret so uncomfortable about traveling with Britomart?
(a) She is afraid that Sir Scudamore, her husband, will be unhappy.
(b) She is afraid that Britomart will ask for information that she has promised to tell no one.
(c) She fears for her virtue because she does not know that Britomart is a woman.
(d) She feels so indebted, but has no way to repay her.
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(b) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(c) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(c) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(b) To save his life and make him king.
(c) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
(d) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
3. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
4. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
2. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
3. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
4. What does Arthur make Turpine promise to do in order to keep his life? Why do you think he does this?
5. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
6. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
7. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
8. How is Florimell finally saved?
9. Explain what happened to Guyon while he was with Mammon.
10. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)