|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To avenge the death of her brother.
(c) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
2. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A White lamb.
(b) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(c) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(d) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
3. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
4. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) He is Archimago in disguise.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
5. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(b) He is trying to get information out of him.
(c) The young man stole his horse.
(d) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
2. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
3. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
4. How is Acrasia captured?
5. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
2. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
3. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
4. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
5. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
6. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
7. Why does Belphoebe dwell in the woods when she was born to higher things?
8. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
9. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
10. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)