|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(c) The Hairy Carl.
2. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(b) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
3. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
4. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
(b) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(c) He saves her life.
(d) He runs away with her in the knight.
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(b) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Malecasta to faint?
2. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
3. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
4. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Britomart meets Artegall, and why is this so ironic?
2. What does the blood on the baby's hands symbolize?
3. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
4. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
5. Explain what happened to Guyon while he was with Mammon.
6. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
7. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
8. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
9. What does The Hairy Carl do to his victims?
10. What happens to The Red Cross Knight at The House of Holiness?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)