|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
2. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
(b) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
(c) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
(d) She finds another woman for him to woo.
3. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He tears himself apart in shame.
(b) He eats her horse.
(c) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
(d) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
4. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(b) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(c) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(d) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
2. Why is Furor beating the young man?
3. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
2. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
4. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
5. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
6. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
7. How does Marinell find Florimell?
8. What does Calidore do when he finally captures the Blatant Beast?
9. How is Guyon defeated for the first time in his life?
10. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)