|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(b) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(c) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(d) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
2. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her past.
(c) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(d) Her future as a great knight.
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) The Palmer's staff.
(b) Guyon's sword.
(d) Fervent prayers.
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
4. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
2. Who is Calidore searching for, and what does it represent?
3. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
4. What happens to The Red Cross Knight at The House of Holiness?
5. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
6. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
7. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
8. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
9. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
10. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)