|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(b) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(c) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
(d) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
2. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) His brothers gave him their life force.
(b) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(c) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(d) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
3. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(b) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(c) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(d) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(b) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(c) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(d) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
3. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
4. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
5. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
2. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
3. Explain what was shown to Britomart in the magic mirror of Merlin.
4. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
5. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
6. What does Calepine think determines a man's destiny?
7. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
8. Where does Arthur find the monster?
9. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
10. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)