|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 12 | Book 7, Canto 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
(b) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(c) She is a better fighter.
(d) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
2. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(b) Those who cannot read can fight better.
(c) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(d) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
3. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
(a) Eating all of her harvest foods.
(b) Beating her relentlessly.
(c) Feeding her sons to a monster.
(d) Killing and torturing women in the area.
4. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) The shield of love.
(b) He knew the password.
(c) A mark on his forearm.
(d) His long pleadings.
5. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(b) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(c) Never mistreat a lady again.
(d) Never call himself a knight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Souldon killed?
2. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
3. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
4. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
5. Why are the shepherds all captured?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)