|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 12 | Book 7, Canto 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon offended him.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(d) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
2. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(b) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
(c) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
(d) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
3. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
4. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(b) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(c) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(d) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
5. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He can read minds.
(b) He can see into the future.
(c) He is a shape-shifter.
(d) He creates worlds with his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
2. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
3. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
4. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
5. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)