|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 12 | Book 7, Canto 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
(a) They dissapear in a swirl of black smoke.
(b) Arthur takes pity on their mournful pleas.
(c) They see Timias in the woods and rush to give him aid.
(d) Mirabell explains that she needs them for her recovery from pride.
2. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(b) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
(c) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(d) He escapes.
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She prepares a glorious feast.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(d) Una trapped in a dungeon.
5. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(b) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(c) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(d) Those who cannot read can fight better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
2. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
3. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
4. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
5. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)