|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 12 | Book 7, Canto 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
(b) No one person can do it all alone.
(c) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(d) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
2. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) Another great female knight.
(b) An evil enchantress.
(c) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(d) A future virgin queen.
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(b) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(c) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
(d) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
4. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(c) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(d) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
5. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Shield of Wonder.
(b) A magical sword.
(c) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) A Pendant of Protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
3. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
4. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)