|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 12 | Book 7, Canto 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(b) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(c) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(d) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
(b) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(c) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(d) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
4. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) He knew the password.
(b) A mark on his forearm.
(c) His long pleadings.
(d) The shield of love.
5. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(b) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(c) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
(d) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
3. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
4. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
5. What does Calidore do to the Blatant Beast instead of killing it?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)