|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(b) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
2. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(c) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(d) Una mocks his strength and ability.
3. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
(a) Feeding her sons to a monster.
(b) Beating her relentlessly.
(c) Eating all of her harvest foods.
(d) Killing and torturing women in the area.
4. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(b) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(c) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
2. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
3. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
4. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
5. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)