|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(b) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(c) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
(d) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
2. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) The Palmer's staff.
(b) Fervent prayers.
(c) Guyon's sword.
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(c) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(d) Una mocks his strength and ability.
4. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(b) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(c) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(d) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
5. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He wants to take her virtue.
(b) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
(c) He believes that she killed his son.
(d) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
2. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
3. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
4. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)