|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Eagle's claws.
(b) Dragon's tail.
(c) Dog's body.
(d) Woman's face.
2. Where is the monster found?
(a) In a well of water and fire.
(b) In the dungeaons of the castle.
(c) In the highest tower of the castle.
(d) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Una tells him and he believes her.
(d) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) Error's children help him destroy her.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
5. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
(b) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(c) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(d) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
2. Who kills Malengin?
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
5. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)