|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
(b) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
(c) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(d) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
4. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
(b) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
(c) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(d) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(b) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(c) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(d) His wife convinces him to let them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
4. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
5. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)