|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(b) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(c) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(d) Archimago orders him to stop.
2. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
(a) She finds him with Clarinda.
(b) He has many horrible wounds.
(c) She finds him with Radigund.
(d) He is wearing women's clothing.
3. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(b) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(c) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(d) To avenge the death of his parents.
4. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(b) Serve as slaves.
(c) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
(d) Make love to them.
5. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Shield of Wonder.
(b) A Pendant of Protection.
(c) A magical sword.
(d) Knowledge and Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)