|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A Sea Nymph.
(b) A servant of Venus.
(c) A Wood Nymph.
(d) A Goddess of Fire.
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(c) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(d) Una tells him and he believes her.
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(c) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(d) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
4. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has deserted her.
(b) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
(c) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(d) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
5. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(b) He is trying to get information out of him.
(c) The young man stole his horse.
(d) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
2. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
3. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
4. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
5. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)