|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
2. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(c) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(d) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
3. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) An island of pleasures.
(b) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(c) The House of Holiness.
(d) A desolate land.
4. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To save his life and make him king.
(b) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(c) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(d) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(d) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
5. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)