|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
(b) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
(c) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
(d) She finds another woman for him to woo.
2. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(c) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(d) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
3. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(b) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(c) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(d) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
4. Who kills Malengin?
5. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) His brothers gave him their life force.
(b) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(c) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(d) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)