|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 2 | Book 6, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) His brothers gave him their life force.
(b) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(c) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(d) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
2. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. What is the interpretation to Britomart's crazy dream about being impregnated by a crocodile and giving birth to a lion?
(a) She will be raped, but Artegall will still marry her and raise the offspring not his as his own.
(b) Artegall will try to deceive her.
(c) She will die in child birth, but Artegall will care for the child.
(d) She and Artegall will be married and rear a great king.
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
(b) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(c) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(d) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(d) Archimago orders him to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
2. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
4. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
5. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)