|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Fervent prayers.
(c) The Palmer's staff.
(d) Guyon's sword.
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
3. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A stag.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(d) A turtle dove.
4. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
5. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Una tells him and he believes her.
(d) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
2. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)