|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) He is Archimago in disguise.
2. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He runs away with her in the knight.
(b) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
(c) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(d) He saves her life.
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(c) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(d) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
4. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Pendant of Protection.
(b) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(c) A magical sword.
(d) A Shield of Wonder.
5. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
(b) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(c) His mother with Proteus.
(d) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
2. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
4. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
5. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)