|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(b) No one person can do it all alone.
(c) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
(d) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(b) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(c) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(d) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
4. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(b) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(c) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(d) She has magical powers.
5. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
(b) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
(c) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
(d) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
2. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
3. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
4. What does Talus do to Brggadochio for stealing Guyon's horse?
5. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)