|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) An island of pleasures.
(b) A desolate land.
(c) The House of Holiness.
(d) A dank, dark, dungeon.
2. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has magical powers.
(b) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(c) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(d) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
4. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
5. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Looking for berries.
(d) Running from a group of lusty men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
2. How is Acrasia captured?
3. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
4. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
5. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)