|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
(a) She is angry that he could not defeat a bunch of women.
(b) She thinks he will be dead.
(c) She is afraid he will not want her after seeing the Amazon beauty.
(d) She thinks he will be unfaithful to her.
2. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
(a) Archimago in disguise.
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(b) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(c) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(d) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
5. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
(b) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(c) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(d) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
2. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)