|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(b) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(c) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(d) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
2. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(c) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(d) She prepares a glorious feast.
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Fervent prayers.
(b) Guyon's sword.
(c) The Palmer's staff.
5. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
2. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
5. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)