|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(c) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(d) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
2. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
(b) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(c) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(d) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
3. What is the interpretation to Britomart's crazy dream about being impregnated by a crocodile and giving birth to a lion?
(a) She will die in child birth, but Artegall will care for the child.
(b) She will be raped, but Artegall will still marry her and raise the offspring not his as his own.
(c) She and Artegall will be married and rear a great king.
(d) Artegall will try to deceive her.
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) She is a better fighter.
(b) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
(c) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(d) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
5. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(b) Attacks him from behind.
(c) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
3. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
4. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
5. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)