|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(b) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(c) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(d) She is Archimago in disguise.
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The King of the Land.
(b) The brother of Archimago.
(c) The father of Furor.
(d) The lover of Acrasia.
3. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He is trying to get information out of him.
(b) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(c) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(d) The young man stole his horse.
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(b) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(c) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(d) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
2. How is Acrasia captured?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
5. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)