|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(c) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(d) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
2. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(b) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(c) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(d) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
4. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(b) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(c) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(d) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
5. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He is trying to get information out of him.
(b) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(c) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(d) The young man stole his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
3. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
4. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)