|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(b) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(c) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(d) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
2. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(b) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(c) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(d) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(b) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(c) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(d) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
4. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(b) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(c) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(d) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
(a) His castle is being burnt down by Amoret.
(b) An evil magician has taken away his love, Amoret, against her will.
(c) Amoret, his betrothed has run away with another knight.
(d) He has been unfaithful to Amoret, his love, and is shamed by his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
5. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)