|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
2. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(b) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(c) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(d) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
3. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) Another great female knight.
(b) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(c) A future virgin queen.
(d) An evil enchantress.
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(b) Fervent prayers.
(c) The Palmer's staff.
(d) Guyon's sword.
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(c) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(d) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
2. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
3. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)