|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) The history of Britain.
(c) His future.
(d) Some tales of great explorers.
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(b) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Guyon offended him.
3. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(b) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(c) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
(d) His brothers gave him their life force.
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(d) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
4. What is Guyon's mission?
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)