|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) His future.
(b) Some tales of great explorers.
(c) A book of spells and potions.
(d) The history of Britain.
2. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(d) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
3. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
(b) She finds another woman for him to woo.
(c) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
(d) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
4. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
(b) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She is hiding from someone.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
2. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
3. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
5. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)