|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(b) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
(c) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(d) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
2. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
3. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(b) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
(c) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
(d) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(b) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is Archimago in disguise.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)