|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(d) A lion who would have eaten her.
2. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) He is Archimago in disguise.
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) Error's children help him destroy her.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(b) The young man stole his horse.
(c) He is trying to get information out of him.
(d) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
5. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He is sure she is in love with another.
(b) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(c) He feels too low for her great standards.
(d) He fears the wrath of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
4. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)