|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
2. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(b) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He calls upon God to give him strength.
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) An Angel and the Palmer.
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(b) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(c) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(d) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(b) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(c) To save his life and make him king.
(d) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)