|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
2. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
(b) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
(c) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(d) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
3. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
4. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(d) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
5. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(b) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(c) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(d) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
2. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
3. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)