|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(b) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(c) To save his life and make him king.
(d) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
2. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(b) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(c) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(d) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(b) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
3. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
4. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
5. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)