|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(c) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(d) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
2. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A future virgin queen.
(b) An evil enchantress.
(c) Another great female knight.
(d) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
3. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(b) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
(c) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
(d) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
4. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) He is Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
2. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)