|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(b) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(c) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(d) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
3. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) His future.
(c) Some tales of great explorers.
(d) The history of Britain.
4. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(b) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(c) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(d) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
(a) Amoret, his betrothed has run away with another knight.
(b) He has been unfaithful to Amoret, his love, and is shamed by his actions.
(c) An evil magician has taken away his love, Amoret, against her will.
(d) His castle is being burnt down by Amoret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
2. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
3. Why is Furor beating the young man?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)