|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The brother of Archimago.
(b) The King of the Land.
(c) The father of Furor.
(d) The lover of Acrasia.
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(d) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
4. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her future as a great knight.
5. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
5. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)