|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To avenge the death of her brother.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To aid the plight of Una.
(d) To find Artegall, her future husband.
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He found it wandering in the woods.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He inherited it from his uncle.
(d) He stole it from Guyon.
3. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(b) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(c) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
5. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(b) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(c) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(d) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arthur in love with?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
5. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)