|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 1 | Book 4, Canto 2 | Book 4, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(b) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(c) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
2. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Knives and swords.
(b) Moldy books and papers.
(c) Skin-searing acid.
3. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
(b) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
(c) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
(d) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) The House of Holiness.
(b) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(c) An island of pleasures.
(d) A desolate land.
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Angel.
(b) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(c) The Palmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
2. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
3. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)