|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(b) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(c) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(d) Archimago orders him to stop.
2. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(d) Error's children help him destroy her.
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(c) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(d) He will die trying to protect his true love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
2. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
3. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
4. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
5. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)