|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
2. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(b) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(c) A White lamb.
(d) A dwarf she saved from danger.
3. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The father of Furor.
(b) The brother of Archimago.
(c) The lover of Acrasia.
(d) The King of the Land.
4. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Skin-searing acid.
(b) Knives and swords.
(d) Moldy books and papers.
5. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)