|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(d) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
3. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Diana.
(b) The Goddess Venus.
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(c) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
5. What is Guyon's mission?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)