|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(b) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(c) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(d) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
3. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(b) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
4. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
5. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He eats her horse.
(b) He tears himself apart in shame.
(c) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(d) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
2. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
3. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
4. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)