|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(b) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(c) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(d) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
3. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(b) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(c) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(d) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
4. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(b) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(c) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(d) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
5. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(b) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(c) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(d) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
2. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)