|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
2. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(b) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(c) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(d) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
3. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He eats her horse.
(b) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(c) He tears himself apart in shame.
(d) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)