|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(b) He is sure she is in love with another.
(c) He feels too low for her great standards.
(d) He fears the wrath of her father.
2. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To aid the plight of Una.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(d) To avenge the death of her brother.
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
4. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(b) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(c) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(d) His wife convinces him to let them in.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(b) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
2. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)