|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are where decisions are made.
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(b) He stole it from Guyon.
(c) He found it wandering in the woods.
(d) He inherited it from his uncle.
3. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(b) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(c) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
(d) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
4. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(b) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(c) He is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(b) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(c) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
3. What is Britomart's quest?
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)