|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
2. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To avenge the death of her brother.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
3. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
4. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(b) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(c) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(d) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(c) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(d) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)