|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(b) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(c) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
2. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
(b) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
(c) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
(d) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
3. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He is trying to get information out of him.
(b) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(c) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(d) The young man stole his horse.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(c) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
(d) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)