|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(b) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(c) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
(d) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(b) The Goddess Diana.
(c) The Goddess Venus.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The brother of Archimago.
(b) The father of Furor.
(c) The lover of Acrasia.
(d) The King of the Land.
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(b) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(c) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
2. How is Acrasia captured?
3. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
4. What unlikely protector does Una find?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)