|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(c) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(d) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(d) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)