|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He found it wandering in the woods.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She is hiding from someone.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
3. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(b) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(c) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(d) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
4. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) The young man stole his horse.
(b) He is trying to get information out of him.
(c) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(d) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
5. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(b) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(c) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(d) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
2. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)