|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(b) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(c) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(d) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
2. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A lion.
(b) A great stallion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A donkey.
3. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(b) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(d) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
3. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)