|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(b) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(c) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(d) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
2. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) Error's children help him destroy her.
(c) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(d) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(b) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(c) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(d) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) Some tales of great explorers.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) His future.
(d) The history of Britain.
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)