|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(b) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
2. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
(b) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
(c) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
(d) She finds another woman for him to woo.
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her future as a great knight.
(b) Her true love.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(d) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
2. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
3. What causes Malecasta to faint?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)