|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
3. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(b) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(c) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
(d) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) Archimago in disguise.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(d) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
3. Who is Arthur in love with?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)