|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(c) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(d) Error's children help him destroy her.
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(b) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) Una tells him and he believes her.
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(b) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
4. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
2. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
5. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)