|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(c) To avenge the death of his parents.
(d) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
2. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
(b) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(c) He eats her horse.
(d) He tears himself apart in shame.
3. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(b) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(c) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(d) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
4. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) The Dwarf.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(d) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. What is Britomart's quest?
3. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)