|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(c) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(d) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
4. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He tears himself apart in shame.
(b) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
(c) He eats her horse.
(d) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
5. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) A lion who would have eaten her.
(d) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
2. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
3. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
4. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
5. Why is Furor beating the young man?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)