|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) His future.
(c) The history of Britain.
(d) Some tales of great explorers.
2. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Guyon's sword.
(b) The Palmer's staff.
(c) Fervent prayers.
3. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) He is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(c) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
4. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)