|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(b) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(c) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(d) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
3. Who is Arthur in love with?
(c) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
4. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(b) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)