|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(d) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
3. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(b) The House of Holiness.
(c) A desolate land.
(d) An island of pleasures.
4. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(b) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
(c) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(d) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
2. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)