|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Furor beating the young man?
2. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)