|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
3. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are where decisions are made.
4. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(b) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(c) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(d) Una mocks his strength and ability.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(b) Archimago orders him to stop.
(c) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arthur in love with?
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)