|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is Archimago in disguise.
(b) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(c) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
5. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)