|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
3. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(c) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
5. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon offended him.
(d) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
2. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)