|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
2. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
3. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
5. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
(b) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(c) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(d) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
2. What unlikely protector does Una find?
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
4. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
5. What is Guyon's mission?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)