|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(d) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The father of Furor.
(b) The brother of Archimago.
(c) The King of the Land.
(d) The lover of Acrasia.
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(d) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)