|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
4. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Knives and swords.
(b) Skin-searing acid.
(d) Moldy books and papers.
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(b) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(c) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(d) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
5. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)