|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(b) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(c) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(d) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
2. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The King of the Land.
(b) The lover of Acrasia.
(c) The brother of Archimago.
(d) The father of Furor.
3. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(b) An island of pleasures.
(c) The House of Holiness.
(d) A desolate land.
5. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A lion who would have eaten her.
(b) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(c) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(d) An evil serpent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
3. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)