|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) The House of Holiness.
(b) An island of pleasures.
(c) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(d) A desolate land.
2. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He is trying to get information out of him.
(b) The young man stole his horse.
(c) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(d) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
3. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) A lion who would have eaten her.
(d) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(b) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(c) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
2. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
3. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)