|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
2. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) Archimago in disguise.
3. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(b) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(c) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(d) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
4. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Skin-searing acid.
(c) Knives and swords.
(d) Moldy books and papers.
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. What is Guyon's mission?
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)