|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) Error's children help him destroy her.
(c) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(b) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
2. What is Guyon's mission?
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)