|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He is trying to get information out of him.
(b) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(c) The young man stole his horse.
(d) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(b) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(c) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(d) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Dwarf.
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He stole it from Guyon.
(b) He found it wandering in the woods.
(c) He inherited it from his uncle.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
3. What unlikely protector does Una find?
4. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)