|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(c) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(d) Una mocks his strength and ability.
2. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) The Dwarf.
3. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(d) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He stole it from Guyon.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He found it wandering in the woods.
(d) He inherited it from his uncle.
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)