|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(b) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(c) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(d) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(b) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(c) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon offended him.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
5. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(b) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(d) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
3. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
4. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
5. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)