|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(b) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
2. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(b) Archimago orders him to stop.
(c) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(d) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) Archimago in disguise.
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(b) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(c) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(d) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
4. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)