|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(b) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(c) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(d) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
3. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The lover of Acrasia.
(b) The King of the Land.
(c) The brother of Archimago.
(d) The father of Furor.
4. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(b) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(c) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(d) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)