|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
2. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) The young man stole his horse.
(b) He is trying to get information out of him.
(c) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(d) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
5. What unlikely protector does Una find?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)