|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(c) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(d) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
2. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) The Dwarf.
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
4. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(b) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
5. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(d) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)