|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(b) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(c) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(d) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
5. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
3. What is Guyon's mission?
4. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)