|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(b) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(c) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) Una tells him and he believes her.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
5. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(b) A White lamb.
(c) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(d) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
2. What is Guyon's mission?
3. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)