|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(d) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
2. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A White lamb.
(b) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(c) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(d) A dwarf she saved from danger.
3. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(b) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(c) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(d) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
5. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A lion who would have eaten her.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(d) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
4. What is Guyon's mission?
5. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)