|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(d) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
2. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) Archimago in disguise.
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He found it wandering in the woods.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
4. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(b) Una tells him and he believes her.
(c) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(d) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
4. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)