|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(b) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(c) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(d) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
2. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(b) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(c) A White lamb.
(d) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
4. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Skin-searing acid.
(b) Moldy books and papers.
(d) Knives and swords.
5. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He found it wandering in the woods.
(b) He stole it from Guyon.
(c) He inherited it from his uncle.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)