|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(d) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) Archimago in disguise.
4. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(b) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(c) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(d) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
5. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. What is Guyon's mission?
4. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)