|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(c) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
3. Who is Arthur in love with?
(b) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
5. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(b) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(c) To avenge the death of his parents.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)