|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
2. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He found it wandering in the woods.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
5. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(b) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(c) To avenge the death of his parents.
(d) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)