|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(d) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(b) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(c) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(d) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)