|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(b) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(c) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(b) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) Una tells him and he believes her.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(b) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
5. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She is hiding from someone.
(b) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
2. What unlikely protector does Una find?
3. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
4. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)