|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(c) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(d) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
2. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(c) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arthur in love with?
2. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
4. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)