|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
2. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(b) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(c) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(d) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She is hiding from someone.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She was abandoned there by her parents.
4. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
5. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(c) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
4. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)