|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(d) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
4. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(b) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(c) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(d) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
3. What is Guyon's mission?
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
5. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)