|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(b) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
2. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(b) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(c) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(d) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
5. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(d) A lion who would have eaten her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
5. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)