|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(b) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(c) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(d) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(b) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
(c) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(d) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(b) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
2. What is Guyon's mission?
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
4. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)