|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(d) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
3. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A White lamb.
(b) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(c) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(d) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
4. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
3. What unlikely protector does Una find?
4. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)