|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
3. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(b) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(c) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(d) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(c) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(d) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
5. What is Guyon's mission?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)