|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(b) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(c) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He found it wandering in the woods.
(d) He stole it from Guyon.
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(d) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
4. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A lion who would have eaten her.
(b) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(c) An evil serpent.
(d) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
5. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)