|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(b) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(c) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(d) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
2. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) An evil serpent.
(b) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(c) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(d) A lion who would have eaten her.
3. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(b) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(c) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
5. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(b) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
(c) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(d) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
2. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)