|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He stole it from Guyon.
(c) He found it wandering in the woods.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
3. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(b) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(c) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(d) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
4. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)