|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(c) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
2. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(b) A lion who would have eaten her.
(c) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(d) An evil serpent.
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(d) Archimago orders him to stop.
4. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(c) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
5. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)