|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 7 | Book 2, Canto 8 | Book 2, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(b) She is hiding from someone.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She was abandoned there by her parents.
2. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
(a) Arthur reveals an extremely bright shield and conquers him.
(b) Duessa betrays him and stabs him from behind.
(c) Sansloy defeats him thinking that it might be Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Red Cross Knight pretends to be dead, and then vanquishes Orgoglio when he turns away in vain triumph.
3. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) Una tells him and he believes her.
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(c) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)