Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Canto 1 | Book 2, Canto 2 | Book 2, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) Una trapped in a dungeon.
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(b) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(b) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
5. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) Una tells him and he believes her.
(d) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
4. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)