|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To avenge the death of his parents.
(b) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(c) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(d) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(c) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
3. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(b) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
(c) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
(d) Her knight has deserted her.
4. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
(a) Eating all of her harvest foods.
(b) Feeding her sons to a monster.
(c) Beating her relentlessly.
(d) Killing and torturing women in the area.
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(b) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(c) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(d) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marinell so depressed?
2. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
4. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
5. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)