|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(b) He is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) The Palmer.
(c) The Angel.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) She is a better fighter.
(b) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(c) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
(d) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
2. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
3. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
4. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
5. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)