|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(c) The Dwarf.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
2. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) Talus helps her escape.
(b) She gets one of his sons to help her.
(c) She stays awake all night.
(d) She fights him when she is caught.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(b) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(c) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(d) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
5. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Woman's face.
(b) Eagle's claws.
(c) Dog's body.
(d) Dragon's tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. What is the interpretation to Britomart's crazy dream about being impregnated by a crocodile and giving birth to a lion?
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
5. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)