|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
2. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
(a) He fails to check on Serena when she is dropped from the mouth of the beast.
(b) He let the beast escape while looking for Calepine.
(c) He does not rise when Serena rises as is customary.
(d) He does not leave Serena with a kiss.
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(b) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(c) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(d) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. Who is the victor of the tournament?
4. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
5. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)