|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) To avenge the death of his parents.
(c) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(d) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
2. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(b) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(c) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(d) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
3. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His upbringing.
(c) The desires of his heart.
(d) His parentage.
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
5. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(b) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(c) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
(d) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
2. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
3. Who is the victor of the tournament?
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)