|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
(a) He does not rise when Serena rises as is customary.
(b) He fails to check on Serena when she is dropped from the mouth of the beast.
(c) He let the beast escape while looking for Calepine.
(d) He does not leave Serena with a kiss.
2. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(a) A week of servitude.
(b) The broken spear.
3. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) She is a better fighter.
(b) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
(c) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
(d) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(b) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(c) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
5. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
(a) Radigund and Clarinda
(b) All the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
5. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)