|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
2. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) An evil enchantress.
(b) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(c) A future virgin queen.
(d) Another great female knight.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(c) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(d) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
4. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
5. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)