|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
2. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
(a) She is angry that he could not defeat a bunch of women.
(b) She is afraid he will not want her after seeing the Amazon beauty.
(c) She thinks he will be dead.
(d) She thinks he will be unfaithful to her.
3. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Running from a group of lusty men.
(b) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(c) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(d) Looking for berries.
4. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(b) Serve as slaves.
(c) Make love to them.
(d) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
5. Why is Marinell so depressed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
2. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
3. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
4. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
5. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)