|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He believes that she killed his son.
(b) He wants to take her virtue.
(c) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
(d) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
2. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(b) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(c) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
4. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(b) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(c) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(d) He will die trying to protect his true love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
4. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)