|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Canto 4 | Book 6, Canto 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(b) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(c) She has magical powers.
(d) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
3. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
(a) He has been unfaithful to Amoret, his love, and is shamed by his actions.
(b) His castle is being burnt down by Amoret.
(c) An evil magician has taken away his love, Amoret, against her will.
(d) Amoret, his betrothed has run away with another knight.
4. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(c) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
5. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(b) To avenge the death of his parents.
(c) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
2. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
3. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
4. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)