|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) He found it wandering in the woods.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(c) She is hiding from someone.
(d) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(c) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(d) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon offended him.
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)