|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(b) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
(c) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(d) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(b) She is hiding from someone.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(b) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She prepares a glorious feast.
(b) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(c) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
4. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)