|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(b) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Palmer.
(c) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(d) The Angel.
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She is hiding from someone.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(b) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(c) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(d) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Malecasta to faint?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. What is Guyon's mission?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)