|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(b) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(c) To aid the plight of Una.
(d) To avenge the death of her brother.
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(b) Her past.
(c) Her future as a great knight.
(d) Her true love.
4. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are where decisions are made.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
5. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(c) He stole it from Guyon.
(d) He found it wandering in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Malecasta to faint?
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)