|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To aid the plight of Una.
(b) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
2. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To avenge the death of his parents.
(b) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(c) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She is hiding from someone.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She was abandoned there by her parents.
4. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)