|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
5. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To avenge the death of her brother.
(c) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
2. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
4. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)