|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(b) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is Archimago in disguise.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) An Angel and the Palmer.
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
4. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)