|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(b) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Guyon offended him.
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(b) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)