|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(b) An Angel and the Palmer.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
2. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Dwarf.
3. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(c) To avenge the death of his parents.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(c) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(d) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(b) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(c) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(d) She prepares a glorious feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
2. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
5. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)