|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) An Angel and the Palmer.
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. Why did Britomart become a knight?
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
4. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)