|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
2. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(d) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Angel.
(b) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(d) The Palmer.
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
5. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(b) A future virgin queen.
(c) Another great female knight.
(d) An evil enchantress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)