|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) Another great female knight.
(b) A future virgin queen.
(c) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(d) An evil enchantress.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(d) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
3. What is Britomart's quest?
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)