|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(b) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(c) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(d) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(b) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
4. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(c) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
4. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)