|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(d) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(c) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Dwarf.
4. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) An evil enchantress.
(b) Another great female knight.
(c) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(d) A future virgin queen.
5. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her future as a great knight.
(c) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(d) Her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Malecasta to faint?
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
4. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
5. Why did Britomart become a knight?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)