|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
2. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(b) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(c) The Angel.
(d) The Palmer.
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) An Angel and the Palmer.
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) She is Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)