|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) The Angel.
3. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
4. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(c) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(d) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
5. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)