|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(b) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(c) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(c) She is hiding from someone.
(d) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(c) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(d) She is Archimago in disguise.
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) An Angel and the Palmer.
5. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
4. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)