|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(b) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(c) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(d) To avenge the death of his parents.
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) The Angel.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
3. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(b) An evil enchantress.
(c) Another great female knight.
(d) A future virgin queen.
4. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(b) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(b) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(c) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(d) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. What causes Malecasta to faint?
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)