|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(c) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(d) To avenge the death of his parents.
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(d) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(d) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(b) Archimago orders him to stop.
(c) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(d) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
2. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)