|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon offended him.
(b) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
2. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To aid the plight of Una.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
3. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
4. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) The Angel.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(c) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
4. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
5. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)