|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(d) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
2. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) Archimago orders him to stop.
(b) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(c) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(b) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(c) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(d) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)