|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is Archimago in disguise.
(b) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(c) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(b) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(c) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(d) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
4. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
5. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
4. What causes Malecasta to faint?
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)