|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(d) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
3. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) Archimago in disguise.
(b) The Dwarf.
4. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(d) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) The Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. What is Britomart's quest?
5. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)