|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(b) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(b) An Angel and the Palmer.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
3. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He stole it from Guyon.
(c) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(d) He found it wandering in the woods.
4. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(b) Her true love.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her future as a great knight.
5. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
3. What is Guyon's mission?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)