|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) The Palmer.
(c) The Angel.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
3. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(d) The baby was cursed at birth.
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(b) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(c) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(d) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(b) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
2. What is Britomart's quest?
3. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
4. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)