|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(b) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(c) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
2. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(b) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(c) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
(b) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(c) Archimago orders him to stop.
(d) Una finds his sword and injures him.
5. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(b) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(c) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(d) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
5. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)