|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) Una trapped in a dungeon.
2. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(d) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
3. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(b) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(c) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(d) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Guyon offended him.
(c) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(d) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
5. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A future virgin queen.
(b) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(c) Another great female knight.
(d) An evil enchantress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
2. What causes Malecasta to faint?
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
4. What is Guyon's mission?
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)