|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To avenge the death of her brother.
(c) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
2. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) Another great female knight.
(b) A future virgin queen.
(c) An evil enchantress.
(d) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(b) Una trapped in a dungeon.
(c) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(d) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
5. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
3. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
5. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)