|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(c) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
2. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) Archimago in disguise.
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
2. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
3. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
4. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)