|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) An Angel and the Palmer.
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon offended him.
(d) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(b) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(c) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(d) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(b) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(c) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(d) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(b) The Palmer.
(c) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(d) The Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)