|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(b) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(c) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(d) They are where decisions are made.
2. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(c) The Snowy Florimell.
4. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
2. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
4. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
5. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)