|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(b) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
(c) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(d) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
2. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(c) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(d) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
3. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(c) The Goddess Diana.
(d) The Goddess Venus.
4. Why is Marinell so depressed?
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) He is Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
2. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
3. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
5. Who is the victor of the tournament?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)