|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(b) The Angel.
(d) The Palmer.
2. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(c) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
(d) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
3. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) To avenge the death of his brother.
(b) Man's excessive evils.
(c) To follow his love.
(d) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
4. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) An Angel and the Palmer.
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(c) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Who is the victor of the tournament?
3. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
4. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
5. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)