|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(c) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
2. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He fears the wrath of her father.
(b) He is sure she is in love with another.
(c) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(d) He feels too low for her great standards.
3. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
4. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Palmer.
(b) The Angel.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(c) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(d) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
2. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
4. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)