|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(d) He will die trying to protect his true love.
2. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) He is Archimago in disguise.
(c) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He fears the wrath of her father.
(b) He feels too low for her great standards.
(c) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(d) He is sure she is in love with another.
4. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Diana.
(b) The Goddess Venus.
5. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) An Angel and the Palmer.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
2. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
4. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)