|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
2. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(b) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(c) His mother with Proteus.
(d) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
3. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(c) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(d) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
4. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
5. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(c) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(d) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Why is Marinell so depressed?
3. Who is the victor of the tournament?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)