|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She is Archimago in disguise.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
3. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(c) He is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
4. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) Archimago in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
4. Why is Marinell so depressed?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)