|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
3. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(b) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(c) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(d) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
4. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(c) A week of servitude.
(d) The broken spear.
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
(b) The Palmer.
(d) The Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
3. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
4. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
5. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)