|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(b) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(c) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
(d) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
2. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(b) He is sure she is in love with another.
(c) He fears the wrath of her father.
(d) He feels too low for her great standards.
4. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(b) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(c) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(d) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
5. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(b) The Goddess Diana.
(c) The Goddess Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marinell so depressed?
2. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
3. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)