|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(b) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(c) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
3. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(c) They are where decisions are made.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
4. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) She is Archimago in disguise.
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(b) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
2. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
5. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)