|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) He is Archimago in disguise.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
2. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(a) The broken spear.
(b) A week of servitude.
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(b) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(c) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(d) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He feels too low for her great standards.
(b) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(c) He fears the wrath of her father.
(d) He is sure she is in love with another.
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
2. Who is the victor of the tournament?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)