|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Diana.
(c) The Goddess Venus.
2. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) He is Archimago in disguise.
3. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(c) A week of servitude.
(d) The broken spear.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(d) Guyon offended him.
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)