|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Palmer.
(b) The Angel.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(d) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
4. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
(b) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(c) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(d) His mother with Proteus.
5. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(c) The Goddess Venus.
(d) The Goddess Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
3. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
4. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
5. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)