|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(c) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Dwarf.
2. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(b) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(c) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(d) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
4. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(b) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(c) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(d) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
5. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) Man's excessive evils.
(b) To avenge the death of his brother.
(c) To follow his love.
(d) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
4. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
5. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)