|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon offended him.
(b) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
(c) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(d) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
2. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) He will die trying to protect his true love.
(c) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(d) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
4. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Diana.
(d) The Goddess Venus.
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
2. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
5. Who is the victor of the tournament?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)