|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(b) The broken spear.
(d) A week of servitude.
2. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(b) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
(c) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(d) His mother with Proteus.
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is Archimago in disguise.
(c) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
4. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(b) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) He will die trying to protect his true love.
5. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(b) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
2. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
4. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
5. Who is the victor of the tournament?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)