|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
2. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(d) The Snowy Florimell.
3. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
4. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
5. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(b) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(c) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(d) By the mischieveous Cupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the victor of the tournament?
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
3. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
4. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
5. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)