|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) Grantoro kills them.
(b) Artegall fights them all.
(c) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(d) Talus slays them for Artegall.
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(b) The Hairy Carl.
3. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Lewdness and Perversion.
(b) Jealousy and Distraction.
(c) Envy and Detraction.
(d) Idleness and Impurity.
4. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A great stallion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A donkey.
5. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(b) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(c) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
5. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)