|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(b) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(c) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(d) A chest full of riches.
2. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Looking for berries.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Running from a group of lusty men.
(d) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
3. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(b) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(c) Shaves and shears them.
(d) Gouges out their eyes.
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(b) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(c) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(d) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) The history of Britain.
(c) His future.
(d) Some tales of great explorers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
2. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
3. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
5. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)