|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(b) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(c) Running from a group of lusty men.
(d) Looking for berries.
2. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(b) Grantoro kills them.
(c) Artegall fights them all.
(d) Talus slays them for Artegall.
3. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A stag.
(d) A turtle dove.
4. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) His future.
(b) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(c) A book of spells and potions.
(d) Some tales of Great explorers.
5. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(b) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(c) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)