|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(b) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
2. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(b) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(c) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(d) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
3. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Gouges out their eyes.
(b) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(c) Shaves and shears them.
(d) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
4. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(b) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(c) She has magical powers.
(d) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
5. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
(c) The Blatant Beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
2. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
3. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
5. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)