|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) Some tales of Great explorers.
(b) His future.
(c) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
2. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(b) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(c) Running from a group of lusty men.
(d) Looking for berries.
3. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(b) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(c) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(d) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
5. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(b) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(c) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(d) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
2. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
3. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)