|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Fervent prayers.
(c) The Palmer's staff.
(d) Guyon's sword.
2. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) Some tales of Great explorers.
(d) His future.
3. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A lion.
(b) A great stallion.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A tiger.
4. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
5. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(b) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(c) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(d) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
2. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
3. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
4. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)