|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(d) The Hairy Carl.
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(b) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(c) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(d) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Fervent prayers.
(b) Guyon's sword.
(c) The Palmer's staff.
5. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) His future.
(d) Some tales of Great explorers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
2. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
4. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
5. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)