|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(c) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(d) The Hairy Carl.
3. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(b) Gouges out their eyes.
(c) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(d) Shaves and shears them.
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(b) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(c) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(d) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
5. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(b) She has magical powers.
(c) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(d) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
2. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
4. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
5. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)