|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(b) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(c) A chest full of riches.
(d) Eirena's hand in marriage.
2. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(b) Guyon's sword.
(c) Fervent prayers.
(d) The Palmer's staff.
3. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Idleness and Impurity.
(b) Lewdness and Perversion.
(c) Envy and Detraction.
(d) Jealousy and Distraction.
4. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) Some tales of great explorers.
(b) The history of Britain.
(c) His future.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
4. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
5. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)