|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Lewdness and Perversion.
(b) Idleness and Impurity.
(c) Jealousy and Distraction.
(d) Envy and Detraction.
2. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(b) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(c) Running from a group of lusty men.
(d) Looking for berries.
3. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) Artegall fights them all.
(b) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(c) Grantoro kills them.
(d) Talus slays them for Artegall.
4. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
(c) The Blatant Beast.
5. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(b) Shaves and shears them.
(c) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(d) Gouges out their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
2. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
3. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)