|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(d) The Hairy Carl.
2. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(b) She has magical powers.
(c) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(d) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
3. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) His future.
(c) The history of Britain.
(d) Some tales of great explorers.
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(b) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(c) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(d) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
5. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A stag.
(d) A turtle dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
2. Who is Calidore searching for?
3. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
4. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
5. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)