|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Looking for berries.
(d) Running from a group of lusty men.
2. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
3. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) Some tales of Great explorers.
(b) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(c) His future.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(b) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(c) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(d) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
5. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Gouges out their eyes.
(b) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(c) Shaves and shears them.
(d) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
3. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
5. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)