|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) Fervent prayers.
(b) The Palmer's staff.
(c) Guyon's sword.
2. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(b) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(c) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(d) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
3. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(b) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(c) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(d) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
4. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(b) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(c) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(d) She has magical powers.
5. Who is Calidore searching for?
(c) The Blatant Beast.
(d) The Hairy Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)