|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(b) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(c) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(d) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
2. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Looking for berries.
(b) Running from a group of lusty men.
(c) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(d) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
3. Who is Calidore searching for?
(b) The Blatant Beast.
(d) The Hairy Carl.
4. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(b) Talus slays them for Artegall.
(c) Grantoro kills them.
(d) Artegall fights them all.
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) His future.
(b) The history of Britain.
(c) Some tales of great explorers.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. How is Acrasia captured?
4. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
5. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)