|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) Some tales of Great explorers.
(d) His future.
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Gouges out their eyes.
(b) Shaves and shears them.
(c) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(d) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
3. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(c) A stag.
(d) A turtle dove.
4. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(b) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(c) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(d) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
5. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
2. How is Acrasia captured?
3. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
4. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
5. Who is Calidore searching for?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)