|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 12 | Book 6, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A stag.
(c) A turtle dove.
(d) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Shaves and shears them.
(b) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(c) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(d) Gouges out their eyes.
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(b) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(c) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(d) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
4. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) The Palmer's staff.
(b) Fervent prayers.
(d) Guyon's sword.
5. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Jealousy and Distraction.
(b) Envy and Detraction.
(c) Idleness and Impurity.
(d) Lewdness and Perversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
2. How is Acrasia captured?
3. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
4. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
5. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)