|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dream does Janie enter on the way to the chemistry fair?
2. What class does Janie make a study group for?
3. How much can Janie bench press?
4. What does Janie agree to bring to the party?
5. What does Janie pretend to feel when Mr. Durbin says he can't do something with Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
2. What is GHB?
3. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
4. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
5. How did Janie ingest GHB?
6. Why does Janie hold a study group?
7. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
8. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
9. How does Miss Stubin continue to give advice to Janie in this case?
10. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)