|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dream does Janie enter on the way to the chemistry fair?
2. What kind of vehicle is used to get the students to the chemistry fair?
3. Where does Mr. Durbin tell Janie he can't do something with her?
4. Where does the second dream Janie enters in the hotel take place?
5. How does Janie feel about the green notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
2. What does Janie have her class vote on?
3. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
5. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
6. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
7. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
8. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
9. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
10. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)