|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's panic button disguised as?
2. How many girls does Janie find on the bed with a teacher?
3. How many dreams does Janie enter the first night in the hotel?
4. Where does Janie go when she gets home from the chemistry fair?
5. Why does Janie arrange a study group for a certain class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
2. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
3. How did Janie ingest GHB?
4. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
5. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
6. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
7. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
8. Why does Janie hold a study group?
9. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
10. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)