|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is used to get the students to the chemistry fair?
2. What does Janie notice during the entire drive to the chemistry fair?
3. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
4. What does Miss Stubin tell Janie to learn more about?
5. What is the man in Stacey's dream wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
2. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
3. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
4. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
5. What does Janie have her class vote on?
6. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
7. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
8. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
9. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
10. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)