|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Janie recover fast after pausing a dream?
2. Why can't Janie enter Mr. Durbin's dreams on the drive home from the chemistry fair?
3. What happens to Janie when she pauses a dream?
4. How can Janie conserve energy while dream catching?
5. Where does Janie go when she gets home from the chemistry fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
2. How did Janie ingest GHB?
3. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
4. How does Miss Stubin continue to give advice to Janie in this case?
5. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
6. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
7. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
8. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
9. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
10. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The future and the past were ingeniously combined and intertwined in this book. Where in the plot did this unique literary tool come into play, and how did the usage of this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)