|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Mr. Crater to the party?
2. Where does Miss Stubin tell Janie to learn more about something?
3. What does Janie notice during the entire drive to the chemistry fair?
4. How can Janie conserve energy while dream catching?
5. What happens to Janie when she pauses a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
2. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
3. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
4. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
5. What does Janie have her class vote on?
6. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
7. How does Miss Stubin continue to give advice to Janie in this case?
8. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
9. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
10. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The future and the past were ingeniously combined and intertwined in this book. Where in the plot did this unique literary tool come into play, and how did the usage of this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)