|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Durbin tell Janie he can't do something with her?
2. Who invites Mr. Crater to the party?
3. When does Janie report to Captain about the chemistry fair trip?
4. How does Janie try to get a closer look at the man in Stacey's dream?
5. What does Janie notice during the entire drive to the chemistry fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
2. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
3. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
4. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
5. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
6. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
7. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
8. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
9. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
10. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)