|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
2. What class does Janie make a study group for?
3. Why does Janie arrange a study group for a certain class?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
5. How many cops will be posted near the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
2. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
3. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
4. What does Janie have her class vote on?
5. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
6. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
7. Why does Janie hold a study group?
8. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
9. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
10. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)