|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is someone buried under in the second dream Janie enters in the hotel?
2. Who tries to reassure Janie after her talk with Miss Stubin?
3. Where does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
4. How early is Janie to the party?
5. What can't Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
2. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
3. Why does Janie hold a study group?
4. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
5. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
6. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
7. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
8. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
9. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
10. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)