|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dreams does Janie enter the first night in the hotel?
2. What does Janie see someone holding in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
3. What does Janie say in her note to Mr. Durbin?
4. Who makes the fliers for the party?
5. Where does Mr. Durbin tell Janie he can't do something with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Stubin continue to give advice to Janie in this case?
2. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
3. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
5. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
6. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
7. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
8. How did Janie ingest GHB?
9. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
10. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 3
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)