|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie do instead of studying her notebook after talking to Miss Stubin?
2. How does Cabel feel after Janie meets with Mr. Durbin alone?
3. What place does Janie's team take at the Chemistry fair?
4. Why is it hard for Captain to reassure Janie after she reads the warning?
5. What does Janie find in the punch after the party gets going?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)