|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Durbin and Janie spend most of their meeting discussing?
2. Where does the second dream Janie enters in the hotel take place?
3. How does Janie contact Captain after her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
4. What does Janie drink during the party?
5. Why is it hard for Captain to reassure Janie after she reads the warning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
2. What is GHB?
3. How did Janie ingest GHB?
4. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
5. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
6. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
7. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
8. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
9. What does Janie have her class vote on?
10. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)