|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Durbin and Janie spend most of their meeting discussing?
2. What does Mr. Crater do at the school?
3. What semester does Janie make a class list of?
4. What does Janie agree to bring to the party?
5. What does Janie say in her note to Mr. Durbin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)