|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janie go when she gets home from the chemistry fair?
2. Who drives the students home from the chemistry fair?
3. What does Janie agree to bring to the party?
4. When is the party being held?
5. What can't Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
2. How did Janie ingest GHB?
3. Why does Janie hold a study group?
4. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
5. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
6. What does Janie have her class vote on?
7. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
8. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
9. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
10. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)