|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie find in the punch after the party gets going?
2. How many girls does Janie find on the bed with a teacher?
3. Who hands out the fliers for the party?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
5. What does Janie do instead of studying her notebook after talking to Miss Stubin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
2. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
3. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
4. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
5. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
6. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
7. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
8. What is GHB?
9. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
10. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)