|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janie contact Captain after her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
2. What does Janie do instead of studying her notebook after talking to Miss Stubin?
3. Why is it hard for Captain to reassure Janie after she reads the warning?
4. Who does Janie try to avoid during the drive to the chemistry fair?
5. Where does Janie go when she gets home from the chemistry fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
2. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
3. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
4. What does Janie have her class vote on?
5. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
6. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
7. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
8. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
9. Why does Janie hold a study group?
10. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 2
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)