|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to get Janie to drink more punch?
2. What helps Janie recover fast after pausing a dream?
3. Where does Mr. Durbin tell Janie he can't do something with her?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
5. Why is Janie unhappy with the first dream she enters in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
2. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
3. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
4. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
5. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
6. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
7. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
8. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
9. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
10. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)