|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
2. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
3. Where does the second dream Janie enters in the hotel take place?
4. How does Janie try to get a closer look at the man in Stacey's dream?
5. What technique does Janie use to help her while dream catching in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Janie ingest GHB?
2. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
3. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
4. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
5. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
6. How does Miss Stubin continue to give advice to Janie in this case?
7. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
8. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
9. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
10. What does Janie have her class vote on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)