|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls does Janie find on the bed with a teacher?
2. Who invites Mr. Crater to the party?
3. Where does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
4. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
5. What class does Janie make a list of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
2. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
3. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
4. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
5. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
6. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
7. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
8. What is GHB?
9. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
10. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)