|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie try to avoid during the drive to the chemistry fair?
2. How early is Janie to the party?
3. What does Janie say in her note to Mr. Durbin?
4. What does Janie drink during the party?
5. Why can't Janie enter Mr. Durbin's dreams during the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Janie to test the punch a second time?
2. What is GHB?
3. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
4. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
5. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
6. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
7. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
8. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
9. How did Janie ingest GHB?
10. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)