|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Janie conserve energy while dream catching?
2. What place does Janie's team take at the Chemistry fair?
3. Why is Janie so hesitant to read through the notebook?
4. What does Janie do instead of studying her notebook after talking to Miss Stubin?
5. Who tries to reassure Janie after her talk with Miss Stubin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Janie so hesitant to read everything in Miss Stubin's notebook?
2. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
3. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
4. What does Janie have her class vote on?
5. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
6. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
7. What is GHB?
8. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
9. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
10. What does Miss Stubin say to Janie during the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)