|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Janie enter Mr. Durbin's dreams during the trip?
2. When is the party being held?
3. Where is the chemistry fair?
4. What does Janie pretend to feel when Mr. Durbin says he can't do something with Janie?
5. How does Janie try to get a closer look at the man in Stacey's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
2. What does Janie regret about the bust at the party?
3. Why does Janie think nobody ever complained about what happened at previous parties?
4. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
5. How did Janie ingest GHB?
6. Why does Janie hold a study group?
7. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
8. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
9. What happens when Janie moves to leave her meeting with Mr. Durbin?
10. What happens when Janie practices pausing dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)