|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Janie report to Captain about the chemistry fair trip?
2. What class does Janie make a list of?
3. What does Miss Stubin refuse to give any more information on?
4. What is the man in Stacey's dream wearing?
5. What does Janie do instead of studying her notebook after talking to Miss Stubin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
2. What makes Janie oblivious to the aftermath of the bust at the party?
3. What does Janie have her class vote on?
4. What is GHB?
5. Where does Janie wake up after the party and why?
6. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
7. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
8. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
9. Why does Janie hold a study group?
10. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)