|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
2. What is reported on the recording?
3. How does Janie check her grades?
4. What is Janie's job?
5. Who is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
2. How did Janie ingest GHB?
3. What happened in Miss Stubin's car accident?
4. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
5. What surprises Janie when she holds a study group?
6. What does Janie ask Stacey to do for the party?
7. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
8. What did Janie see on top of the fridge at the party, and what does this mean?
9. Why does Cabel say he broke up with Janie?
10. How is Janie different from her school mates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)