|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is reported on the recording?
2. What is Cabel's job?
3. Where is Janie when she checks her grades?
4. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
5. What kind of dream is someone having at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie's gift affect her?
2. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
3. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
4. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
5. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
6. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
7. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
8. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
9. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
10. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)