|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
2. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
3. What is Janie's job?
4. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
5. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
2. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
3. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
4. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
5. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
6. How does Janie's gift affect her?
7. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
8. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
9. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
10. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)