|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stacey harmed in her dream?
2. How does Janie check her grades?
3. What class is Janie in when something explodes on her birthday?
4. Why does Janie leave the room when Cabel falls asleep?
5. What class did Janie have to take a re-test for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
2. How does Janie's gift affect her?
3. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
4. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
5. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
6. What is Cabel's occupation?
7. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
8. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
9. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
10. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)