Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
2. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
3. What is Janie's secret power called?
4. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
5. What trip does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie have her class vote on?
2. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
3. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Janie's near accident cause her to do?
5. What caused Miss Stubin's car accident?
6. How does Janie's gift affect her?
7. What does Captain say after hearing what Miss Stubin tells Janie about her powers?
8. What is Cabel's occupation?
9. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
10. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Irony was a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony was present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)