|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the notebook from Miss Stubin?
2. What is Janie doing when she meets Mr. Durbin outside of school?
3. Where is Janie when she checks her grades?
4. How is Janie offered help in whatever way she needs with the new case?
5. What secret power does Janie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
2. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
3. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
4. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
5. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
6. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
7. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
8. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
9. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
10. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)