|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when she meets Mr. Durbin outside of school?
2. What kind of struggles is Carrie's boyfriend having?
3. What is Captain's birthday gift to Janie?
4. What does Janie have in common with the person who wrote the files Janie is reviewing?
5. What made things chaotic in a class Janie got a bad grade in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
2. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
3. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
4. What is Cabel's occupation?
5. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
6. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
7. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
8. How does Janie's gift affect her?
9. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
10. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
Essay Topic 3
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)