|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Durbin ask Janie to make fliers for?
2. Where does Cabel hide when Mr. Durbin is with Janie outside of school?
3. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
4. What is reported on the recording?
5. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
2. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
4. What is Cabel's occupation?
5. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
6. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
7. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
8. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
9. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
10. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)