|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made things chaotic in a class Janie got a bad grade in?
2. What is Janie doing when Mr. Durbin touches her for the first time?
3. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
4. What does Mr. Durbin teach?
5. How old does Janie turn on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cabel's occupation?
2. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
3. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
6. How does Janie's gift affect her?
7. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
8. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
9. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
10. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)