|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janie leave the room when Cabel falls asleep?
2. What is heard in the background of the recording?
3. What grade is Janie unhappy with?
4. How is Janie offered help in whatever way she needs with the new case?
5. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
2. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
3. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
4. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
5. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
6. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
7. How is Janie different from her school mates?
8. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
9. What is Cabel's occupation?
10. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)