|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made things chaotic in a class Janie got a bad grade in?
2. What does Captain have a recording of?
3. Why doesn't Janie brush Mr. Durbin's touches away?
4. What is the name of this series?
5. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
2. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
3. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
4. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
5. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
6. How is Janie different from her school mates?
7. What is Cabel's occupation?
8. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
9. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
10. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)