|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
2. Why does Janie have to repeat a lesson on her birthday?
3. How does Janie get to the grocery store?
4. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
5. What does Captain say when she hears Mr. Durbin touched Janie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
2. How is Janie different from her school mates?
3. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
4. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
5. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
6. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
7. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
8. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
9. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
10. How does Janie's gift affect her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)