|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
2. Where does Janie input the information for her case?
3. Who wrote the files Janie reviews?
4. What grade is Janie unhappy with?
5. Why doesn't Janie brush Mr. Durbin's touches away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
2. How is Janie different from her school mates?
3. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
4. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
5. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
6. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
7. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
8. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
9. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
10. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)