|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
2. What does Captain have a recording of?
3. How is Stacey harmed in her dream?
4. What class is Janie in when something explodes on her birthday?
5. What kind of struggles is Carrie's boyfriend having?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
2. How does Janie's gift affect her?
3. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
4. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
5. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
6. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
9. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
10. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The future and the past were ingeniously combined and intertwined in this book. Where in the plot did this unique literary tool come into play, and how did the usage of this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)