|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
2. Where does Janie input the information for her case?
3. How is Janie offered help in whatever way she needs with the new case?
4. Why does Janie have to hide her relationship with Cabel?
5. Where does Cabel hide when Mr. Durbin is with Janie outside of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
2. What is Cabel's occupation?
3. How is Janie different from her school mates?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. How does Janie's gift affect her?
6. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
7. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
8. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
9. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
10. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)