|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
2. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
3. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
4. What class is Janie in when something explodes on her birthday?
5. What is the name of this series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
2. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
3. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
6. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
7. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
8. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
9. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
10. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)