|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of this series?
2. What does Mr. Durbin ask Janie to make fliers for?
3. Why does Captain give Janie what she does for her birthday?
4. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
5. What color is the notebook from Miss Stubin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
2. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
3. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
4. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
5. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
6. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
7. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
8. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
9. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
10. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the stories and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)