|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
2. What caused the struggles Carrie's boyfriend is having?
3. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
4. How does Janie check her grades?
5. What class did Janie have to take a re-test for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
2. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
3. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
4. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
5. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
6. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
9. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
10. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and define their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)