|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Janie after she goes into Stacey's dream?
2. What secret power does Janie have?
3. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
4. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
5. Why doesn't Janie brush Mr. Durbin's touches away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
2. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
3. How does Janie's gift affect her?
4. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
5. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
6. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
7. How is Janie different from her school mates?
8. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
9. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
10. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the pros and cons of Janie's special powers, and how do these things affect Janie personally?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)