|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Janie brush Mr. Durbin's touches away?
2. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
3. Why does Captain give Janie what she does for her birthday?
4. How is Janie offered help in whatever way she needs with the new case?
5. Why does Mr. Wang say Janie can't go to a real college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
2. What is Cabel's occupation?
3. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
6. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
7. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
8. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
9. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
10. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this plot?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)