|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when Mr. Durbin touches her for the first time?
2. What class did Janie have to take a re-test for?
3. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
4. What class is Janie in when something explodes on her birthday?
5. What does Captain have a recording of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
2. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
3. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
6. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
9. How does Janie's gift affect her?
10. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisa McMann have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)