|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janie have to repeat a lesson on her birthday?
2. What is Janie's secret power called?
3. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
4. Where is Janie when she checks her grades?
5. What does Janie have in common with the person who wrote the files Janie is reviewing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
2. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
3. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
4. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
5. What is Cabel's occupation?
6. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
7. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
8. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
9. How does Janie's gift affect her?
10. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)