|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie doing when Mr. Durbin touches her for the first time?
2. What does Mr. Durbin ask Janie to make fliers for?
3. What color is the notebook from Miss Stubin?
4. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
5. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
2. How does Janie almost get in an accident?
3. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
4. How does Janie feel about the case she has just been assigned to?
5. Why does Cabel say he broke up with Janie?
6. What does Janie's near accident cause her to do?
7. What causes Janie some frustration on the day of her graduation?
8. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
9. What is GHB?
10. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
Essay Topic 1
Cabel was very upset about what happened with Janie at the party. What happened to Janie, and why was this so upsetting to Cabel? How did this event change him as a person?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)