|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stacy when Janie sees her dream?
2. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
3. What is reported on the recording?
4. Why does Janie have to hide her relationship with Cabel?
5. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
2. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
3. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
4. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
5. How does Janie's gift affect her?
6. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
7. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
8. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
9. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
10. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Janie's relationship with Cabel, and how do these stages affect Janie and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)