|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie have in common with the person who wrote the files Janie is reviewing?
2. What does Janie do with Cabel after school?
3. What does Captain have a recording of?
4. How does Janie check her grades?
5. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie do when she is brought into a bedroom during the party?
2. What is GHB?
3. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
4. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
5. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
6. Why does Janie hold a study group?
7. Why does Janie decide to enter one of Cabel's dreams?
8. How does Janie show off in front of Mr. Carter?
9. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
10. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The future and the past were ingeniously combined and intertwined in this book. Where in the plot did this unique literary tool come into play, and how did the usage of this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)