|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stacey harmed in her dream?
2. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
3. Where is Stacy when Janie sees her dream?
4. What kind of struggles is Carrie's boyfriend having?
5. What does Mr. Durbin teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
2. How is Janie different from her school mates?
3. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
4. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
5. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
6. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
7. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
8. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
9. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
10. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Rest and recuperation was something Janie needed many times in this book. When did she use this, and what were some of the effects this resting had on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Janie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)