|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Janie breakfast in bed?
2. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
3. How does Captain want Janie to help with investigating the recording?
4. Who is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Cabel make Janie look at after she comes home from the grocery store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
2. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
3. What does Captain say after hearing what Miss Stubin tells Janie about her powers?
4. What does Janie see in the second dream she enters in the hotel?
5. What does Janie's near accident cause her to do?
6. Why does Janie ask Stacey for help with the party?
7. What changes in Cabel and Janie's relationship at graduation?
8. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
9. In what ways does Mr. Durbin act strange during his meeting with Janie?
10. What does Miss Stubin say will happen to Janie?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Comic relief was a literary tool used well by McMann in this book. What are some of the key examples of this, and how did these scenes affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)