|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the struggles Carrie's boyfriend is having?
2. Where does Cabel hide when Mr. Durbin is with Janie outside of school?
3. What trip does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange?
4. Why doesn't Janie brush Mr. Durbin's touches away?
5. What does Mr. Durbin teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
2. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
3. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
4. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
5. How does Janie's gift affect her?
6. What happens to Janie after reading the warning in the green notebook?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
9. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
10. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a prevalent theme in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)