Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
2. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
3. What is Janie's secret power called?
4. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
5. What trip does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie have her class vote on?
2. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
3. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Janie's near accident cause her to do?
5. What caused Miss Stubin's car accident?
6. How does Janie's gift affect her?
7. What does Captain say after hearing what Miss Stubin tells Janie about her powers?
8. What is Cabel's occupation?
9. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
10. How does the private meeting between Janie and Mr. Durbin come about?
Essay Topic 1
Stacey is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership was a theme that was presented many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and what were some of the effects of these leaders and their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)