|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does this book start on?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
2. What does Janie have to lie to Carrie about?
(a) Her job.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her power.
(d) Her boyfriend.
3. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
(a) There are people who know what she can do.
(b) She is never alone now.
(c) Dream catching will bring her to an early death.
(d) Dream catching has a good and a bad side.
4. How does Captain want Janie to help with investigating the recording?
(a) Her dream powers.
(b) Her popularity.
(c) Her relationship with the teachers.
(d) Her hacking abilities.
5. What does Janie do with Cabel after school?
(a) Go for a walk.
(c) Help his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janie get to the grocery store?
2. What is Stacey's last name?
3. How does Janie check her grades?
4. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
5. Who wrote the files Janie reviews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
2. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
3. What is Cabel's occupation?
4. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
5. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
6. How is Janie different from her school mates?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
9. What does Captain say when she hears about the fliers for Mr. Durbin's party?
10. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)