|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wang say Janie can't go to a real college?
(a) She has a boyfriend.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She has poor grades.
(d) She has a job.
2. Who is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
(b) Janie's mother.
(d) Janie's father.
3. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
(a) She is never alone now.
(b) Dream catching has a good and a bad side.
(c) There are people who know what she can do.
(d) Dream catching will bring her to an early death.
4. What does Captain have a recording of?
(a) A drill routine.
(b) A conversation.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A phone call.
5. Why does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange something?
(a) She wants to get into college.
(b) She wants a chance to be with Cabel.
(c) She likes over nighters.
(d) She wants to enter his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carrie dating?
2. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
3. What secret power does Janie have?
4. How is Stacey harmed in her dream?
5. What is reported on the recording?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
2. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
3. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
4. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
5. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
6. What do Janie and Carrie fight about for the first time in the book?
7. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
8. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
9. Why does Janie do so badly in chemistry on her birthday?
10. Why do Janie and Cabel go to school separately?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)