|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Janie unhappy with?
(b) Study Hall.
2. Who brings Janie breakfast in bed?
(b) Janie's mother.
3. Who is with Janie when she checks her grades?
4. Why does Janie have to hide her relationship with Cabel?
(a) To make her more popular.
(b) To keep her mother happy.
(c) To protect him and his job.
(d) To not anger her best friend.
5. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She wants to stop hiding their relationship.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She has bad eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense gets worse for Janie after she uses her power?
2. How does Janie get to the grocery store?
3. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
4. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
5. How does Janie check her grades?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Mr. Wang talk to Janie about on her birthday?
3. Why does Janie have such a hard time telling Cabel her true feelings for him?
4. Why is Cabel so unhappy with Janie's new assignment?
5. What do the two calls recorded by the Captain reveal?
6. What is Cabel's occupation?
7. Why does Janie allow Mr. Durbin's inappropriate conduct to continue unchallenged?
8. How is Janie different from her school mates?
9. What is the warning at the beginning of the green notebook?
10. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)