|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Carrie dating?
2. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
(a) He doesn't want to keep his relationship with Janie a secret.
(b) He wants a raise.
(c) He doesn't want Janie on this new case.
(d) He doesn't want to work at the school.
3. What does Mr. Durbin ask Janie to make fliers for?
(a) A seminar.
(b) A study group.
(c) A book club.
(d) A party.
4. Why does Janie have to hide her relationship with Cabel?
(a) To protect him and his job.
(b) To keep her mother happy.
(c) To make her more popular.
(d) To not anger her best friend.
5. Where is Janie when she checks her grades?
(a) Her mother's office.
(b) Cabel's house.
(c) The school.
(d) The mail box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
2. Why does Captain give Janie what she does for her birthday?
3. What holiday does this book start on?
4. How old does Janie turn on her birthday?
5. Who wrote the files Janie reviews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janie try to see when her mother is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
2. When does Janie finally admit her true feelings for Cabel?
3. What gifts does Janie get for her birthday?
4. How does Janie know Miss Stubin?
5. What is Stacey's dream in Study hall about?
6. What is Cabel's occupation?
7. What does Janie think of Stacey's dream, and why?
8. What did Janie learn from Miss Stubin?
9. What makes it hard for Cabel to make friends?
10. How did Cabel recently help with a drug bust?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)