|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Janie offered help in whatever way she needs with the new case?
(a) In an e-mail.
(b) By a code.
(c) In a letter.
(d) Through a dream.
2. What grade is Janie unhappy with?
(d) Study Hall.
3. What sense gets worse for Janie after she uses her power?
(a) Her vision.
(b) Her smelling.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) All of these.
4. What trip does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange?
(a) The history retreat.
(b) The football pep group.
(c) The Senior overnighter.
(d) The chemistry fair.
5. What secret power does Janie have?
(a) Controlling temperature.
(b) Reading minds.
(c) Entering dreams.
(d) Manipulating objects.
6. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
(a) There is no food in her house.
(b) If she doesn't, the money will go to drugs.
(c) She has a specific diet to follow.
(d) Her mother is poor.
7. What explodes on Janie's birthday?
(a) A firework.
(b) A microwave.
(c) A beaker.
(d) A lightbulb.
8. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
(a) Cabel is dreaming.
(b) Carrie is at the house.
(c) Janie is sick.
(d) Janie is on duty.
9. What is Janie's relationship to Cabel?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He is her half-brother.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her secret boyfriend.
10. What is heard in the background of the recording?
(a) Car horns.
(c) Drum beats.
(d) Some music.
11. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
(a) Her mother.
12. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
(a) He doesn't want to keep his relationship with Janie a secret.
(b) He doesn't want Janie on this new case.
(c) He wants a raise.
(d) He doesn't want to work at the school.
13. What class did Janie have to take a re-test for?
14. Why does Janie have to hide her relationship with Cabel?
(a) To protect him and his job.
(b) To not anger her best friend.
(c) To keep her mother happy.
(d) To make her more popular.
15. Why does Janie have to repeat a lesson on her birthday?
(a) She was absent.
(b) She got a bad grade.
(c) She got sick halfway through class.
(d) She couldn't see the board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
2. How does Janie get home from the grocery store?
3. What is Captain's birthday gift to Janie?
4. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
5. Why does Mr. Wang say Janie can't go to a real college?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)