|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie have in common with the person who wrote the files Janie is reviewing?
(a) She was a dream catcher.
(b) She had no father.
(c) She dated her partner.
(d) Her mother did drugs.
2. How does Captain want Janie to help with investigating the recording?
(a) Her popularity.
(b) Her dream powers.
(c) Her relationship with the teachers.
(d) Her hacking abilities.
3. What does Cabel make Janie look at after she comes home from the grocery store?
(a) A book.
(b) An eye chart.
(c) A magazine article.
(d) A case file.
4. Who brings Janie breakfast in bed?
(a) Janie's mother.
5. Why does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange something?
(a) She wants to get into college.
(b) She wants a chance to be with Cabel.
(c) She wants to enter his dreams.
(d) She likes over nighters.
6. Why does Janie have to do the grocery shopping?
(a) She has a specific diet to follow.
(b) Her mother is poor.
(c) There is no food in her house.
(d) If she doesn't, the money will go to drugs.
7. What does Janie dream about after reviewing some files?
(a) Gym class.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The drug bust.
8. What is Janie doing when she meets Mr. Durbin outside of school?
9. What color is the notebook from Miss Stubin?
10. What makes Cabel upset with his boss?
(a) He doesn't want to work at the school.
(b) He doesn't want Janie on this new case.
(c) He doesn't want to keep his relationship with Janie a secret.
(d) He wants a raise.
11. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
(a) A rape whistle.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A mace can.
(d) A cellphone.
12. How does Janie get to the grocery store?
(a) She rides her bike.
(b) She walks.
(c) She drives.
(d) She gets a ride.
13. Where is Stacy when Janie sees her dream?
(a) English class.
(b) The library.
(c) The testing center.
(d) Study hall.
14. Who helps Janie after she goes into Stacey's dream?
(c) Her mother.
15. What keeps Cabel from coming to Janie's house the day after her run in with Mr. Durbin?
(a) Janie is on duty.
(b) Cabel is dreaming.
(c) Carrie is at the house.
(d) Janie is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janie have to repeat a lesson on her birthday?
2. Who is dreaming at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Cabel give Janie for her birthday?
4. What kind of dream is someone having at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Captain's birthday gift to Janie?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)