|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain arrange for Janie to get for her mission?
(a) A cellphone.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A mace can.
(d) A rape whistle.
2. Where is Janie when she tells Captain about Mr. Durbin's touches?
(a) The station.
(b) Her house.
(c) Cabel's room.
(d) The school.
3. What is Janie's secret power called?
(b) Dream catching.
4. What is the warning at the beginning of Miss Stubin's notebook?
(a) Dream catching will bring her to an early death.
(b) There are people who know what she can do.
(c) Dream catching has a good and a bad side.
(d) She is never alone now.
5. What trip does Janie ask Mr. Durbin to arrange?
(a) The history retreat.
(b) The Senior overnighter.
(c) The chemistry fair.
(d) The football pep group.
6. How does Captain want Janie to help with investigating the recording?
(a) Her relationship with the teachers.
(b) Her dream powers.
(c) Her hacking abilities.
(d) Her popularity.
7. What sense gets worse for Janie after she uses her power?
(a) Her vision.
(b) Her smelling.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her hearing.
8. What does Janie have to lie to Carrie about?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her power.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her boyfriend.
9. What does Cabel make Janie look at after she comes home from the grocery store?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A book.
(c) A case file.
(d) An eye chart.
10. What made things chaotic in a class Janie got a bad grade in?
(a) A pep rally.
(b) A teacher problem.
(c) A drug bust.
(d) A shooting.
11. What does Janie have trouble admitting to Cabel after she gets home from the grocery store?
(a) She wants to stop hiding their relationship.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She has bad eyesight.
(d) She loves him.
12. Why does Janie have to repeat a lesson on her birthday?
(a) She got sick halfway through class.
(b) She got a bad grade.
(c) She was absent.
(d) She couldn't see the board.
13. Why does Captain give Janie what she does for her birthday?
(a) It will help with the investigation.
(b) She never buys such things for herself.
(c) It will go with her collection.
(d) She knows Janie has been saving up for some.
14. How old does Janie turn on her birthday?
15. What kind of struggles is Carrie's boyfriend having?
(a) Health issues.
(b) Legal issues.
(c) Academic issues.
(d) Familial issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cabel hide when Mr. Durbin is with Janie outside of school?
2. What does Janie dream about after reviewing some files?
3. What does Mr. Durbin teach?
4. Who offers to help Janie in whatever way she needs with the new case?
5. What holiday does this book start on?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)