|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father teach his son about plants and roots?
(a) Which ones are poisonous.
(b) The names and uses.
(c) Which ones have magic power.
2. What animal is sacrificed to the Gikuyu god?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A kid.
(d) A lamb.
3. Where is the Gikuyu God supposed to reside?
(a) Victoria Falls.
(b) Lake Victoria.
(c) Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(d) Mt. Kenya.
4. What is a name of the Gikuyu God?
5. What do Gikuyus do instead of praying to their ancestral spirits?
(a) Light a fire on top of Mount Kenya in their honor.
(b) Give them gitts of respect.
(c) Hold a feast in their honor.
(d) Name their children after them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Gikuyus consider "white man's magic"?
2. When is a Gikuyu man initiated into the religious and sacrificial council?
3. To what or whom does an elder recite a prayer at the planting ceremony?
4. What does a man pay when he is initiated into the religious and sacrificial council?
5. How do the Gikuyu children gain physical strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the planting ceremony.
2. Describe the initiation of a Gikuyu girl.
3. How did the Gikuyu society become democratic?
4. What happens when a Gikuyu girl accepts a boy in marriage?
5. Why does Kenyatta defend the clitoridectomy of Gikuyu girls?
6. What happens when a man has a hut suitable for his wife?
7. What is considered the sound of Ngai's movement? What is his weapon?
8. What does Kenyatta hope his analysis of the educational system of the Gikuyu will help the Europeans understand?
9. What happens if rain fails to fall normally?
10. What does a Gikuyu mother teach her children?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)