|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man becomes ill, ________________ are sought.
(a) Medicine men.
(c) Gikuyu gods.
2. How does a Gikuyu marriage come about?
(a) The marriages are arranged by the parents.
(b) The marriages are arranged by Gikuyu elders.
(c) The Gikuyu men choose their brides.
(d) Men and women choose their own mates.
3. Where are the strips of the sacrificial animal buried ?
(a) In crossroads throughout the village.
(b) By the river.
(c) In the gardens.
(d) On Mount Kenya.
4. What do the fathers teach their young sons?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to weed and use a digging stick.
(c) How to fight with the Gikuyu weapons.
(d) How to build a hut.
5. What is the first stage of Gikuyu courtship?
(a) The boy asks the girl's father for her hand in marriage.
(b) The boy sends gifts to the girl's hut.
(c) The boy sings outside the girl's hut in the evening.
(d) The boy and his friends visit the home of the girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many oaths control the court proceedings of the Gikuyu?
2. Where is the Gikuyu God supposed to reside?
3. To what or whom does an elder recite a prayer at the planting ceremony?
4. When can the Gikuyu people participate in the government?
5. How many women are Gikuyu men allowed to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stages of youth in the Gikuyu society.
2. What does a Gikuyu mother teach her children?
3. Describe the planting ceremony.
4. Whom do the Gikuyu worship as God?
5. What did the Gikuyu constitution state?
6. What is the school in the Gikuyu nation? How do the mothers and nurses educate the very young?
7. What happens when a man has a hut suitable for his wife?
8. Describe the harvesting ceremony.
9. How did the Gikuyu society become democratic?
10. What is considered the sound of Ngai's movement? What is his weapon?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)