|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people who lived in the forests called?
2. The educated, intellectual minority of Africans were dismissed as ___________.
(c) "Stupid natives."
3. What is the study of the German people by German scholars called?
(a) Deutsche Gechichte.
(b) Studium des deutchen Volkes.
(d) Taegliches Leben des deutschen Volkes.
4. What does a Gikuyu woman call the parcel of land she is allowed to cultivate?
(a) My earth.
(b) My garden.
(c) My property.
(d) My land.
5. In what year was the big land case brought before the Supreme Court in Nairobi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the resting place of the Divider of the Universe, the creator of the Gikuyu tribe?
2. As a member of the warrior class, with what other tribe's warfare methods did Kenyatta become acquainted?
3. What is the mother's brother called?
4. How many of the Gikuyu live as squatters on farms on European land?
5. What is a moherega?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the origin of the Gikuyu's use of iron?
2. How does the Gikuyu society change from a matriarchal to a patriarchal society?
3. What qualities does Kenyatta exhibit in his book that are rare among students of social science?
4. Why does Malinkowski write that we can't criticize Kenyatta for belief in magic?
5. What happened when the descendents of Gikuyu outgrew the land?
6. Describe the Gikuyu hut of a woman.
7. What does Malinkowski maintain would be a good enough reason for the book?
8. What enabled Kenyatta to write an ethnography of the Gikuyu tribe?
9. How are the children in the Gikuyu tribe viewed?
10. What work do the Gikuyu women do?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)