|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is used to feed women after childbirth?
(b) Tree peas.
2. Which class helped Mr. Kenyatta become an excellent ethnographer?
(a) Discussion class in Berlin.
(b) Anthropology class in Paris.
(c) Discussion class in London.
(d) Economics class in Kenya.
3. What was the short name of the famous medicine man of the Gikuyu who prophesied the coming of Europeans with guns?
4. What has become the attitude of modern social science?
(a) "Know thyself."
(b) "Going out into the world is all-important."
(c) "Anthropology begins at home."
(d) "Tolerance is all-important."
5. How many of the Gikuyu live as squatters on farms on European land?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Kenyatta present the facts?
2. What is the Gkuyu word for witch doctor?
3. What is the value of a bull or ox in terms of sheep or goats.
4. What was the founder of the Gikuyu tribe called?
5. From what month to what month is the season of the big rain In Gikuyuland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the basic units of the Gikuyu tribe?
2. What happens when the father, the owner of the land, dies?
3. What enabled Kenyatta to write an ethnography of the Gikuyu tribe?
4. What does Malinkowski maintain would be a good enough reason for the book?
5. What are cattle used for in Gikuyu society?
6. How are the cultural and historical traditions of the Gikuyu people handed down from generation to generation?
7. Explain the place of the father in the Gikuyu society.
8. What work do the Gikuyu men do?
9. What is considered to be the most important aspect of Gikuyu society and why?
10. What are Gikuyu children expected to do?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)