|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the value of a bull or ox in terms of sheep or goats.
(a) Five sheep or goats.
(b) Six sheep or goats.
(c) Seven sheep or goats.
(d) Four sheep or goats.
2. How did the medicine man refer to the railway coming to Africa?
(a) The iron snake.
(b) The steel caterpillar.
(c) The iron dragon.
(d) The big noise.
3. The ore is reduced to ____________.
4. How long is a Gikuyu warrior's spear?
(a) Between 3 and 4 feet.
(b) Four feet long.
(c) Between five and six feet.
(d) Over six feet long.
5. How many sheep or goats equal the value of one cow?
6. What do the Gikuyu call their grandmother?
7. To whom does Kenyatta write that he is indebted to concerning technical advice on anthropological points?
(a) Dr. James Woodman.
(b) Dr. Raymond Firth.
(c) Dr. Albert Schmidt.
(d) Dr. William Forth.
8. What were the people who lived in the forests called?
9. What food is used to feed women after childbirth?
(a) Tree peas.
10. What is a moherega?
(a) Gikuyu of the warrior class.
(b) Gikuyu clan.
11. What is the study of the German people by German scholars called?
(a) Deutsche Gechichte.
(b) Taegliches Leben des deutschen Volkes.
(c) Studium des deutchen Volkes.
12. When did Kenyatta learn about a new religious cult?
13. Kenyatta gave evidence before the Morris Carter Kenya Land Commission in London in what year?
14. What was the founder of the Gikuyu tribe called?
15. What is the worst thing a Gikuyu man can do to infuriate another?
(a) Get the witchdoctor to cast a spell on him.
(b) Sleep with his wife.
(c) Insult his mother.
(d) Spit on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one say my or our mother in Gikuyu?
2. During what years did the Hilton Young Commission on land tenure take place?
3. What is the approximate population of the Gikuyu country?
4. Into how many administrative districts is the Gikuyu territory divided?
5. What is riika?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)