|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is used to feed women after childbirth?
(c) Tree peas.
2. Where did Kenyatta live when he was learning the methods of warfare?
(a) Near Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(b) In Nairobi.
(c) Near Ngare Narok.
(d) On the Serengeti plain.
3. Into how many administrative districts is the Gikuyu territory divided?
4. What kind of charcoal has a particular value in smelting iron?
(a) Banana charcoal.
(b) Pine tree charcoal.
(c) Beobab charcoal.
(d) Palm charcoal.
5. What was the condition that the nine men had to agree to if they wanted to marry Gikuyu's daughters?
(a) To kill a ram as a sacrifice.
(b) To undergo an immediate initiation operation.
(c) To go up to the top of Mt. Kenya and pray.
(d) To live under a matriarchal system.
6. What is the worst thing a Gikuyu man can do to infuriate another?
(a) Get the witchdoctor to cast a spell on him.
(b) Sleep with his wife.
(c) Spit on him.
(d) Insult his mother.
7. Why did the animals run away from the Gikuyu women?
(a) They wanted their freedom.
(b) They hated humans.
(c) They weren't being fed enough.
(d) They were being slaughtered with dull wooden tools.
8. What was the name of the second Royal Commission on land tenure?
(a) British-Gikuyu Royal Commission.
(b) Joint Committee on the Closer Union of East Africa.
(c) Royal Committee of Kenya.
(d) Nairobi Royal Commission.
9. How many partitions are in the male Gikuyu's hut?
10. What is the sign of wealth among the Gikuyu?
11. Where are the author's credentials written in a book?
12. In what year was the big land case brought before the Supreme Court in Nairobi?
13. How many stages of eldership did Kenyatta pass
14. What is a moherega?
(b) Gikuyu clan.
(c) Gikuyu of the warrior class.
15. What is riika?
(a) Group of Gikuyu elders.
(b) Age-grading among the Gikuyu.
(c) Initiation of a girl.
(d) Initiation of a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Gikuyu call their grandmother?
2. How did the Gikuyu lose most of their lands?
3. What can't a man get without sheep and goats?
4. What is the father of a Gikuyu family called?
5. What were the people who lived in the forests called?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)