|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Magical and Medical Practices and Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenyatta say is the key to the Gikuyu culture?
(a) The use of magic.
(b) The Gikuyu religion.
(c) The tribal system and family group.
(d) The method of agriculture.
2. Why does Kenyatta feel the Gikuyu form of education is better than formal education.
(a) The child is learning all the time.
(b) The child isn't exposed to the wrong ideas.
(c) The child doesn't have to leave the home.
(d) The child is happier with this kind of education.
3. Who leads the initiates to the homestead?
(a) Senior warriors.
(b) The medicine man.
(c) The mother.
(d) The father.
4. What were the Gikuyus made to know by the Europeans?
(a) Might is right.
(b) The black man is inferior.
(c) They should pattern themselves after the Europeans.
(d) Africa has no future.
5. What are the young taught?
(a) How to dress themselves.
(b) History of the tribe and family traditions.
(c) The Gikuyu language.
(d) How to bathe themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a name of the Gikuyu God?
2. What was the name of Gikuyu's wife?
3. What was the name of Kenyatta's aunt who performed the initiation operation on Gikuyu girls?
4. What else does the magician do to protect against wild animals?
5. What animal is sacrificed to the Gikuyu god?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)