|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Gikuyu name for millet?
2. Between which two countries was the African railway built?
3. How did the Gikuyus explain the relation of their tribe with the Europeans?
(a) With a story about a Rhinoceros and a man.
(b) With the story of a fox and a man.
(c) With a story about a lion with a man.
(d) With a story about an elephant and a man.
4. When does a man become a member of the Court of Elders?
(a) When he owns a house.
(b) After two children are circumcised.
(c) After one child is circumcised.
(d) When he marries.
5. How did the medicine man refer to the railway coming to Africa?
(a) The iron snake.
(b) The steel caterpillar.
(c) The big noise.
(d) The iron dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the man's hut used?
2. In what year was the big land case brought before the Supreme Court in Nairobi?
3. What position did Kenyatta hold in the Gikuyu Central Association?
4. What is iron beaten into a heap is called?
5. From what month to what month is the season of the big rain In Gikuyuland?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)