|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of spirituality are there among the Gikuyus?
2. How did the medicine man refer to the railway coming to Africa?
(a) The big noise.
(b) The iron dragon.
(c) The iron snake.
(d) The steel caterpillar.
3. How do the Gikuyu children gain physical strength?
(b) Digging in the garden.
(d) Climbing trees.
4. What does Kenyatta think the European teacher coming to Africa should do?
(a) Share their knowledge of other subjects.
(b) Set up western schools.
(c) Be circumcised.
(d) Learn the Gikuyu way.
5. Where did Kenyatta live when he was learning the methods of warfare?
(a) On the Serengeti plain.
(b) Near Ngare Narok.
(c) Near Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(d) In Nairobi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as churches for the Gikuyu?
2. What was the name of Gikuyu's wife?
3. How did the Gikuyus explain the relation of their tribe with the Europeans?
4. What was the name of Kenyatta's aunt who performed the initiation operation on Gikuyu girls?
5. When do the Gikuyu make sacrifices to their god?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)