|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a moherega?
(a) Gikuyu clan.
(d) Gikuyu of the warrior class.
2. In the prophesy of the Gikuyu medicine man, what was the color of the bodies of the men who were to come out of the big water?
(a) The color of white butterflies.
(b) The color of a small light-colored frog living in water.
(c) The color of light-colored fish.
(d) The color of white leopards.
3. What kind of charcoal has a particular value in smelting iron?
(a) Banana charcoal.
(b) Palm charcoal.
(c) Pine tree charcoal.
(d) Beobab charcoal.
4. As a member of the warrior class, with what other tribe's warfare methods did Kenyatta become acquainted?
(a) The Tigoni.
(b) The Mau Mau.
(c) The Mogani.
(d) The Masai.
5. A man who owns a hut is referred to as __________.
(a) A father.
(b) A married man.
(c) An elder.
(d) A wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one say my or our mother in Gikuyu?
2. What does Mr. Kenyatta recognize which is all important?
3. How does Mr. Kenyatta present the facts?
4. What is the first thing the Gikuyu do when they decide evil spirits have brought illness?
5. What do the girls and their sponsors do in the hut on the day of circumcision?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)