|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age is the first stage of Gikuyu youth marked?
(a) Six or seven years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Three or four years old.
(d) Four or five years old.
2. How many oaths control the court proceedings of the Gikuyu?
3. What is the key to the life of the Gikuyu?
(b) Warfare practices.
(c) Land tenure.
4. What serves as churches for the Gikuyu?
(a) Sacred groves.
(b) The river.
(c) Sacred huts.
(d) Sacred trees.
5. What does a Gikuyu woman call the parcel of land she is allowed to cultivate?
(a) My property.
(b) My earth.
(c) My garden.
(d) My land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man has a hut suitable for his wife what happens?
2. What is the approximate population of the Gikuyu country?
3. What do the girls and their sponsors do in the hut on the day of circumcision?
4. What is iron beaten into a heap is called?
5. What is the Gkuyu word for witch doctor?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)