|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Economic Life and Industries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what kind of tree did Gikuyu and his family find nine young men to marry Gikuyu's daughters?
(a) Banyan tree.
(b) Banana tree.
(c) Lemon tree.
(d) Fig tree.
2. During what years did Kenyatta start and edit the first Gikuyu journal?
3. The educated, intellectual minority of Africans were dismissed as ___________.
(c) "Stupid natives."
4. Of the animals who ran away, which were chosen to be defenders of the forests?
(a) Cheetah and Wildebeast.
(b) Lion and leopard.
(c) Giraffe and Hippopotamus.
(d) Elephant, buffalo, and rhinoceros.
5. What is the mbari or nyomba?
(a) Hut of a female Gikuyu.
(b) Witch doctor.
(c) Family group.
(d) Hut of a male Gikuyu.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Kenyatta write that he is indebted to concerning technical advice on anthropological points?
2. Into how many administrative districts is the Gikuyu territory divided?
3. What does Mr. Kenyatta recognize which is all important?
4. The first seeds of the new historical demoralization were planted by ___________.
5. What is the mother's brother called?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)