|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tribal Origin and Kinship System and The Gikuyu System of Land Tenure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kenyatta recognize which is all important?
(a) His lack of education.
(b) The danger of his own bias.
(c) The danger of fame and fortune.
(d) His love of the European culture.
2. What qualities does Mr. Kenyatta display which are rare among students of social science?
(a) Outspokenness and honesty.
(b) Bravery and diligence.
(c) Intelligence and humility.
(d) Curiosity and persistence.
3. What is the mother's brother called?
4. How does Mr. Kenyatta present the facts?
(a) With anger.
(c) Objectively without feeling.
(d) With great passion.
5. When the Europeans first came to Gikuyuland, how did the Gikuyu regard them?
(a) As interesting foreigners.
(b) As conquerors.
(c) As lonely wanderers.
(d) As dangerous enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become the attitude of modern social science?
2. What is the key to the life of the Gikuyu?
3. How did the Gikuyu lose most of their lands?
4. Into how many administrative districts is the Gikuyu territory divided?
5. During what years did Kenyatta start and edit the first Gikuyu journal?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)