|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The educated, intellectual minority of Africans were dismissed as ___________.
(d) "Stupid natives."
2. What is the study of the German people by German scholars called?
(a) Taegliches Leben des deutschen Volkes.
(b) Deutsche Gechichte.
(d) Studium des deutchen Volkes.
3. How many stages of eldership did Kenyatta pass
4. What quote from William James was in the Introduction to the book?
(a) "Progress is a terrible thing."
(b) "Beware of anthropologists."
(c) "Intuition is more important than mere facts,:
(d) "Beware of ethnic prejudice."
5. Into how many administrative districts is the Gikuyu territory divided?
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities does Mr. Kenyatta display which are rare among students of social science?
2. What is the key to the life of the Gikuyu?
3. When did Kenyatta learn about a new religious cult?
4. Kenyatta gave evidence before the Morris Carter Kenya Land Commission in London in what year?
5. The first seeds of the new historical demoralization were planted by ___________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)