|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the author's credentials written in a book?
2. What did the government of the Gikuyu become eventually?
(a) A democratic government.
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) A communal system.
(d) A kingdom ruled by royalty.
3. What does the boy do when he is accepted by the girl for marriage?
(a) He celebrates with his friends.
(b) He tells his parents.
(c) He sends the girl a bouquet of flowers.
(d) He sends gifts to the girl's parents.
4. What is done the day before the circumcision operation?
(a) The body is painted red and white.
(b) A bracelet with bells is put around the ankle.
(c) Feathers are put in the hair.
(d) The head is shaved.
5. How many men do Gikuyu women usually marry?
(a) Thirteen and fourteen.
(b) Ten and twelve.
(c) Fifteen and twenty.
(d) Two and three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Gikuyu call their grandmother?
2. How did the Gikuyu lose most of their lands?
3. Which class helped Mr. Kenyatta become an excellent ethnographer?
4. How many sheep or goats equal the value of one cow?
5. How long is a Gikuyu warrior's spear?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)