|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tribal Origin and Kinship System and The Gikuyu System of Land Tenure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the medicine man refer to the railway coming to Africa?
(a) The iron snake.
(b) The big noise.
(c) The iron dragon.
(d) The steel caterpillar.
2. To whom did Kenyatta act as interpreter to in his big land case?
(a) Chief Kmaha.
(b) Chief Lundita.
(c) Chief Lambata.
(d) Chief Kioi.
3. Which animals are the most valuable to the Gikuyus?
(a) Pigs and calves.
(b) Sheep and goats.
(d) Horses and cattle.
4. Which class helped Mr. Kenyatta become an excellent ethnographer?
(a) Discussion class in Berlin.
(b) Anthropology class in Paris.
(c) Economics class in Kenya.
(d) Discussion class in London.
5. How does one say my or our mother in Gikuyu?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prophesy of the Gikuyu medicine man, what was the color of the bodies of the men who were to come out of the big water?
2. How did the Gikuyu lose most of their lands?
3. The first seeds of the new historical demoralization were planted by ___________.
4. Where are the author's credentials written in a book?
5. What was Kenyatta's grandfather?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)