|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through System of Education, Initiation of Boys and Girls and Sex Life among Yong People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Gikuyu word for courtship fondling?
2. As a member of the warrior class, with what other tribe's warfare methods did Kenyatta become acquainted?
(a) The Tigoni.
(b) The Mogani.
(c) The Mau Mau.
(d) The Masai.
3. What was the founder of the Gikuyu tribe called?
4. What quote from William James was in the Introduction to the book?
(a) "Beware of anthropologists."
(b) "Intuition is more important than mere facts,:
(c) "Beware of ethnic prejudice."
(d) "Progress is a terrible thing."
5. What is the sign of wealth among the Gikuyu?
Short Answer Questions
1. A man who owns a hut is referred to as __________.
2. Where did the people living in the forests build their homes?
3. The first seeds of the new historical demoralization were planted by ___________.
4. Why does Kenyatta feel the Gikuyu form of education is better than formal education.
5. What do the Gikuyu call their grandmother?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)