|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Religion and Ancestor Worship and The New Religion in East Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenyatta feel the Gikuyu form of education is better than formal education.
(a) The child is happier with this kind of education.
(b) The child doesn't have to leave the home.
(c) The child isn't exposed to the wrong ideas.
(d) The child is learning all the time.
2. How did the Gikuyu lose most of their lands?
(a) Through fighting with the Europeans.
(b) Through deserting their lands and moving southward.
(c) Through selling their land to the Europeans.
(d) Through their magnanimity.
3. What do Gikuyus do instead of praying to their ancestral spirits?
(a) Light a fire on top of Mount Kenya in their honor.
(b) Give them gitts of respect.
(c) Hold a feast in their honor.
(d) Name their children after them.
4. Where did the people living in the forests build their homes?
(b) On the plain.
(c) In the trees.
(d) In ckearings.
5. What were the people who lived in the forests called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the resting place of the Divider of the Universe, the creator of the Gikuyu tribe?
2. What does Kenyatta think the European teacher coming to Africa should do?
3. Who plants the seeds in the Gikuyu society?
4. What was the founder of the Gikuyu tribe called?
5. What were the Gikuyus made to know by the Europeans?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)