|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wallander call after he wakes up from his nap?
2. Who does Erik say is his real father?
3. From what is Rydberg suffering?
4. What color overalls is the man wearing?
5. What kind of gun does Bergman own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
2. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
3. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
4. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
5. What piece of luck does Wallander receive in this chapter?
6. Where does Wallander find Boden?
7. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
8. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
9. What do the police find out about Erik?
10. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Johannes' murder being so brutal? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How is Anette connected with the case? What role does the author suggest she will play in the book in the future? Why is this role important to the book's meaning?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)