|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Bergman own?
2. What does Wallander go to the bank to do in July?
3. What is the nationality of the third witness?
4. Where does Wallander take a two hour nap?
5. Who confirms Erik's alibi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
2. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
3. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
4. What piece of luck does Wallander receive in this chapter?
5. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
6. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
7. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
8. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
9. What is wrong with Wallander's father at the beginning of this chapter?
10. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could Wallander be called a flawed character? Why is it important to the story and the series in general that Wallander is so imperfect?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)