|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallander buy for Ebba on Monday morning?
2. What is the nationality of the first witness?
3. What does the social worker recommend Wallander do with his father?
4. What is the balding man's name?
5. What is Larson's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
2. How does Strom die?
3. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
4. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
5. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
6. What do the police find out about Erik?
7. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
8. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
9. Where does Wallander find Boden?
10. What is wrong with Wallander's father at the beginning of this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different subplots in the story? How do they link to the main plot? Why is it important subplots have something in common with the main story? What is an example of a bad subplot?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do the Swedish media cause for the police force? What does this say about the responsibility the media has towards society?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)