|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the refugee witnesses do the police take to the lakes?
2. Where does Margareta work?
3. What is the nationality of the third witness?
4. What is the former job of the person who has reported his Citroen stolen?
5. What color overalls is the man wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
2. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
3. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
4. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
5. What do the police find in Nils' apartment?
6. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
7. Where does Wallander find Boden?
8. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
9. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
10. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)