|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the social worker recommend Wallander do with his father?
2. What kind of gun does Bergman own?
3. From what country is Linda's boyfriend?
4. What does Wallander confess to Mona over dinner?
5. Who makes Wallander dinner in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
2. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
3. Describe Anette's apartment?
4. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
5. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
6. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
7. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
8. Describe Wallander's meeting with Anette?
9. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
10. What do the police find out about Erik?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
Essay Topic 3
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)