|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallander confess to Mona over dinner?
2. How is Kristina related to Wallander?
3. What happens when Wallander brakes too hard?
4. What is Larson's nickname?
5. What is the nationality of the second witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
2. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
3. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
4. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
5. What do the police find out about Erik?
6. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
7. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
8. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
9. What are the doorman's views on the case?
10. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Wallander's father's painting the same scene over and over again? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How is Anette connected with the case? What role does the author suggest she will play in the book in the future? Why is this role important to the book's meaning?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)