|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Romanian say the man in the fields was wearing?
2. What kind of business does Nils own?
3. From what is Rydberg suffering?
4. What does Anette do when Wallander makes a pass at her?
5. What did Lovgren give the chimney sweep in exchange for driving him into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
2. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
3. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
4. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
5. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
6. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
7. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
8. How does this chapter show Wallander is unable to deal with the issues in his life?
9. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
10. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and examine how they prove invaluable in helping Wallander solve the case.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)