|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the former job of the person who has reported his Citroen stolen?
2. What had Erik sold to get money to pay his debt?
3. For whom does Wallander buy a second bouquet of flowers?
4. About whose death does Wallander type a report?
5. What does the Romanian say the man in the fields was wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police find in Nils' apartment?
2. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
3. What piece of luck does Wallander receive in this chapter?
4. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
5. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
6. How does the author describe Rune Bergman?
7. What is wrong with Wallander's father at the beginning of this chapter?
8. How does this chapter show Wallander is unable to deal with the issues in his life?
9. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
10. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Wallander's father's painting the same scene over and over again? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different subplots in the story? How do they link to the main plot? Why is it important subplots have something in common with the main story? What is an example of a bad subplot?
Essay Topic 3
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)