|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Romanian say the man in the fields was wearing?
2. What has Bergman reported stolen?
3. What is Wallander shocked to see on Ellen's wall?
4. About whose death does Wallander type a report?
5. What does the Iranian witness say he heard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
2. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
3. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
4. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
5. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
6. How does Strom die?
7. How does the author describe Rune Bergman?
8. What do the police find in Nils' apartment?
9. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
10. What piece of luck does Wallander receive in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following people and examine how they prove invaluable in helping Wallander solve the case.
Essay Topic 2
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Swedes have such a strong sense of national identity? What problems can such nationalist feeling cause?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)