|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wallander say he partly blames for the crimes?
2. What does Wallander confess to Mona over dinner?
3. What is the nationality of the first witness?
4. What is the former job of the person who has reported his Citroen stolen?
5. From where does Boman call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
2. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
3. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
4. Where does Wallander find Boden?
5. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
6. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
7. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
8. What is wrong with Wallander's father at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
10. Describe Anette's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Wallander's father's painting the same scene over and over again? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different subplots in the story? How do they link to the main plot? Why is it important subplots have something in common with the main story? What is an example of a bad subplot?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do the Swedish media cause for the police force? What does this say about the responsibility the media has towards society?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)