|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Erik say is his real father?
2. Where is Anette Brolin's husband?
3. What does Nils smuggle from Thailand?
4. What is the nationality of the refugee someone has shot?
5. About whose death does Wallander type a report?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
2. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
3. Where does Wallander find Boden?
4. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
5. What piece of luck does Wallander receive in this chapter?
6. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
7. What two messages does Wallander receive when he walks into his office on July 9th?
8. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
9. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
10. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways could Wallander be called a flawed character? Why is it important to the story and the series in general that Wallander is so imperfect?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do the Swedish media cause for the police force? What does this say about the responsibility the media has towards society?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)