|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Wallander use to chase Strom?
2. Who confirms Erik's alibi?
3. What has Bergman reported stolen?
4. Where has someone seen Wallender's father?
5. What character is sentenced to prison in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police find out about Erik?
2. How does this chapter show Wallander is unable to deal with the issues in his life?
3. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
4. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
5. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
6. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
7. Where does Wallander find Boden?
8. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
9. Describe Anette's apartment?
10. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do the Swedish media cause for the police force? What does this say about the responsibility the media has towards society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Wallander's father's painting the same scene over and over again? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)