|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Wallander have dinner in this chapter?
2. What does Nils smuggle from Thailand?
3. What does Wallander confess to Mona over dinner?
4. What is the name of Margareta's son?
5. Where does Wallander take a two hour nap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Wallander such a good detective? What similarities does he share with other fictional detectives? How is he unique from other fictional detectives?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does the book highlight about Swedish society? How does the author use genre conventions of a detective story to highlight these problems?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)