|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the refugee someone has shot?
2. With whom does Wallander make a date in this chapter?
3. What is the nationality of the first witness?
4. What had Erik sold to get money to pay his debt?
5. What does Wallander say is on the increase in Sweden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
2. How does the Iranian witness help the police?
3. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
4. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
5. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
6. Where does Wallander find Boden?
7. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
8. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
9. What two messages does Wallander receive when he walks into his office on July 9th?
10. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Anette's role in the story? How will their relationship develop and what affect will it have on Wallander's personal life?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways could Wallander be called a flawed character? Why is it important to the story and the series in general that Wallander is so imperfect?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)