|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wallander finds plastic bags full of what in Nils's apartment?
2. What happens when Wallander brakes too hard?
3. What does Wallander buy for Ebba on Monday morning?
4. What does Wallander want to know about Johannes in this chapter?
5. What has Bergman reported stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
2. What are the doorman's views on the case?
3. What problems does Wallnader have at the end of the chapter?
4. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
5. How does Strom die?
6. Describe Anette's apartment?
7. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
8. Describe Wallander's meeting with Anette?
9. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
10. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Swedes have such a strong sense of national identity? What problems can such nationalist feeling cause?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Wallander's father's painting the same scene over and over again? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)