|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anette Brolin's husband?
2. What do Peters and Noren do when they stop Wallander?
3. What did Boden see two foreign men pick up from the floor?
4. Where does Wallander want his father to move?
5. In this chapter, Strom crash into what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information do the police find out about Lovgren in this chapter?
2. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
3. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
4. Describe Wallander's meeting with Anette?
5. What does Wallander find out about Erik in this chapter?
6. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
7. How does Strom die?
8. What do the police find in Nils' apartment?
9. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
10. How does the author describe Rune Bergman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Wallander have with his family? How are these problems affecting Wallander's social life? How do you think he can solve or get over these problems?
Essay Topic 2
What makes Wallander such a good detective? What similarities does he share with other fictional detectives? How is he unique from other fictional detectives?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do the Swedish media cause for the police force? What does this say about the responsibility the media has towards society?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)