|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the balding man's name?
2. What does the Iranian witness say he heard?
3. Where does Margareta work?
4. What does the social worker recommend Wallander do with his father?
5. What does Wallander buy for Ebba on Monday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Johannes' murder being so brutal? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)