|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anette do when Wallander makes a pass at her?
2. What does Wallander ask Boden to look through?
3. Where does Wallander arrange to pick up his sister?
4. Where does Wallander want his father to move?
5. Who is Erik Magnusson's employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
2. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
3. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
4. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
5. What description does Wallander get of the suspect?
6. What do the police find out about Erik?
7. What two messages does Wallander receive when he walks into his office on July 9th?
8. Why is Bjork angry about the car crash?
9. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
10. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Wallander's flaws? Why has Mankell decided to make Wallander such a flawed person? What difference would it make to the story if he was not so flawed?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Johannes' murder being so brutal? How does it link to the main themes in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the clues that lead to Wallander solving the case? What mistakes does Wallander make on the way?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)