|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the drunk tried using to kill Wallander ?
2. What does Wallander wish could talk?
3. To What is Maria tied?
4. How does Wallander insult his officers in this chapter?
5. What kind of bird did Wallander's father sometimes add to the same painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wallender injure himself in this chapter?
2. What does the bank teller inform Wallander about Johannes?
3. How does the bank manager annoy Wallander in this chapter?
4. How does Herdin say Johannes received his fortune?
5. What does Wallander's father say about Linda?
6. How does Borman agree to help Wallander?
7. What problems does Wallnder have with the media knowing the police are looking for foreign killers?
8. What does the old man see from his bedroom window?
9. What does the forensic report show about Johannes?
10. In what way is Wallander's father strange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following people and examine how they prove invaluable in helping Wallander solve the case.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the Somalian's death significant to the story and its themes? How does the Somalian's death lead Wallander to solve Johannes' murder?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Wallander have with his family? How are these problems affecting Wallander's social life? How do you think he can solve or get over these problems?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)