|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirms Erik's alibi?
(b) Erik's mother.
(c) Erik's fiancee's mother.
2. What had Erik sold to get money to pay his debt?
(a) His rings.
(b) His comic collection.
(c) His motorbike.
(d) His car.
3. What is the nationality of the first witness?
4. Who does Wallander call after he wakes up from his nap?
(a) His father.
(b) Rune Bergman.
(d) His sister.
5. Where does Wallander want his father to move?
(a) A city.
(b) A farm.
(c) A retirement home.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Wallander have dinner in this chapter?
2. What does Anette do when Wallander makes a pass at her?
3. Where does Wallander take a two hour nap?
4. Who does Wallander call after the press conference?
5. What does Wallander go to the bank to do in July?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
2. How does Strom die?
3. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
4. What does Ellen admit about Johannes in chapter fourteen?
5. What bad news does Wallander receive at the end of the chapter?
6. Describe Wallander's meeting with Anette?
7. What is Wallander's opinion on social workers?
8. What do the police find in Nils' apartment?
9. How does this chapter show Wallander is unable to deal with the issues in his life?
10. How does the author describe Rune Bergman?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)