|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wallander say he partly blames for the crimes?
(a) The government.
(c) The police.
(d) The media.
2. What does Wallander want to know about Johannes in this chapter?
(a) Where he went on the weekends.
(b) How he got to the bank.
(c) Where he kept his bank books.
(d) His bank pin number.
3. Who does Erik say is his real father?
(a) He doesn't know.
4. How does the Iranian say he can recognize cars?
(a) By their tracks.
(b) By their engines.
(c) By their smell.
(d) By their number plates.
5. With whom does Wallander have dinner in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallander go to the bank to do in July?
2. Where is Anette Brolin's husband?
3. What is the charge against Bergman?
4. What kind of vehicle does Wallander use to chase Strom?
5. What had Erik sold to get money to pay his debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wallander's father in this chapter?
2. How does this chapter show Wallander is unable to deal with the issues in his life?
3. What two messages does Wallander receive when he walks into his office on July 9th?
4. What are the doorman's views on the case?
5. What does Wallander witness at the building covered in scaffolding?
6. What problems is the murder creating in Sweden?
7. Describe Wallander's time with Linda in this chapter?
8. How does the Malawian witness waste police time?
9. How does Hannson think the Somalian died?
10. What happens at the dinner between Anette and Wallander?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)