|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man make jump when he slams the window shut?
(a) A dream catcher.
(b) A flower pot.
(c) A book.
(d) A cup.
2. How does Wallander insult his officers in this chapter?
(a) He tells them they are not doing their jobs.
(b) He accuses one of them of being an informant.
(c) He talks to them like children.
(d) He swears at them.
3. What item of Johannes' does Wallander want to find?
(a) His passport.
(b) His will.
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) His camera.
4. What does Martinsson search to find on the computer?
(a) Petty thieves.
(b) Foreign criminals.
(c) Local doctors.
(d) Local banks.
5. What does the young girl say she can hear in Wallander's voice?
(a) That he is a policeman.
(b) That he is divorced.
(c) That he recognizes her.
(d) That he is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wallander's home town?
2. What have been burned in the courtyard of the refugee camp?
3. What does the author say sleep is like?
4. What does Nystrom say an empty stable is like to a diary farmer?
5. What does Widen say his wife treated his father like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the old man wake up?
2. What does the bank teller inform Wallander about Johannes?
3. Why does Wallander think the killers are foreign?
4. Why does Wallander have problems with Hansson?
5. Why does Wallander want to keep the information about the killers being foreign out of the media?
6. What do the old man and his wife see when they enter the Lovgren's house?
7. What does Wallander's father say about Linda?
8. Describe the woman who answers Per Akeson's door.
9. How has Sten changed?
10. What problems does Wallnder have with the media knowing the police are looking for foreign killers?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)