|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Rydberg say he heard the old lady say?
2. What can Wallander see is in store for him when he sees Rydberg's face?
(a) More work.
(b) The truth.
(c) Something unpleasant.
(d) Good news.
3. What does Wallander think shines in the old man's eyes?
4. What is above the black stable door?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A horse's head.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
5. To What is Maria tied?
(a) A cooker.
(b) A wooden beam.
(c) A chair.
(d) A heater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widen say 15 of his horses need?
2. What does Widen say his wife treated his father like?
3. What does Hansson have strewn all over his desk?
4. What does Rydberg say is unusual about the noose?
5. What does Wallander wish could talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Wallander get from the Nystroms in this chapter?
2. Describe the state of Johannes' body in this chapter?
3. How does Herdin say Johannes received his fortune?
4. Why does Wallander want to keep the information about the killers being foreign out of the media?
5. What does Wallender find out about Johannes in this chapter?
6. How does the bank manager annoy Wallander in this chapter?
7. What kind of relationship does Wallander have with his daughter Linda?
8. What does Wallander's father say about Linda?
9. What does the old man see from his bedroom window?
10. How does Borman agree to help Wallander?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)