|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have been burned in the courtyard of the refugee camp?
2. What does the author say sleep is like?
(c) A black hole.
(d) A well.
3. What does Hansson have strewn all over his desk?
(a) Foam cups.
(c) Betting slips.
(d) Chocolate wrappers.
4. What does Wallander think shines in the old man's eyes?
5. What is the only part of Johannes that the man can see?
(a) His arm.
(b) His head.
(c) His foot.
(d) His leg.
6. What can Wallander see is in store for him when he sees Rydberg's face?
(a) More work.
(b) Something unpleasant.
(c) The truth.
(d) Good news.
7. Why does the man say he woke up?
(a) He had had a bad dream.
(b) The mare wasn't neighing.
(c) His wife was sleep talking.
(d) The cockrel was crowing early.
8. What does Wallander ask Hansson to give him?
(a) The murder scene photographs.
(b) The latest betting tips.
(c) The press release copies.
(d) The forensic report.
9. What does Wallander wish could talk?
(a) The horse.
(b) The hare.
(c) The cat.
(d) The rabbit.
10. What does the man say stands still in the village?
11. Which artist was Wallander listening to the night before?
(a) Tom Waits.
(b) Serge Gainsbourg.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Maria Callas.
12. What is the name of the deputy prosecutor?
(a) Jared Lito.
(b) Anna Bergman.
(c) Petr Litamen.
(d) Anette Brolin.
13. What animal does the man say he usually dreams about?
14. With what does the girl ask Wallander to help her?
(a) The coffee.
(b) Some bricks.
(d) A ladder.
15. Who does Wallander order his officers to interview?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wallander break into the refugee camp?
2. What does Wallander have to write at the beginning of chapter three?
3. What hides Johannes' body?
4. Where does the man get his crowbar?
5. Why does Widen say he divorced his wife?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)