|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say sleep is like?
(a) A well.
(c) A black hole.
2. What does Wallander find out about the immigration service in this chapter?
(a) They have no qualifications.
(b) They let people go illegally.
(c) They keep the refugees locked up.
(d) They keep bad records.
3. What does Widen pull out of his desk drawer?
(a) A portfolio.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
4. What still burns inside Wallander?
(a) His wife's departure.
(b) His daughter's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His desire to be in the police force.
5. What does Martinsson search to find on the computer?
(a) Foreign criminals.
(b) Local banks.
(c) Local doctors.
(d) Petty thieves.
6. What does Rydberg tell Wallander to take off?
(a) His scarf.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hat.
7. What did Wallander initially think the rolled up mattress was?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A dog.
(c) A person.
(d) A pile of books.
8. What is Ebba's role at the police station?
(a) Telephone operator.
(c) PR agent.
9. Who does the man ring first?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The ambulance.
(d) The fire service.
10. How does the author describe the young girl's movements?
11. Why does the man say he woke up?
(a) The mare wasn't neighing.
(b) He had had a bad dream.
(c) The cockrel was crowing early.
(d) His wife was sleep talking.
12. What does the radio say has crashed?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A government car.
(c) A tank.
(d) A bus.
13. Who does Wallander order his officers to interview?
14. What does Wallander buy for himself in this chapter?
(c) A hat.
(d) A sweater.
15. How does Wallander break into the refugee camp?
(a) Kicks down a door.
(b) Goes through the chimney.
(c) Goes up the fire escape.
(d) Breaks a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say people like himself and Johannes don't have?
2. Who is waiting for Wallander in the canteen?
3. What did Johannes do three days before his death?
4. Why does Widen say he divorced his wife?
5. What race of people does Martinsson think committed the murders?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)