|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
2. What does Janie daydream her children's names are?
3. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
4. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
5. What kind of ice cream do Reeve and Janie order in chapter two of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
2. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
3. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
4. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
5. Describe the situation of Janie's struggle with dialing the 800 number on the milk carton, as it appears in chapter five.
6. Describe what goes through Janie's mind as she looks at the milk carton.
7. Explain Janie's stint, in an attempt to make Reeve jealous at the Honors breakfast.
8. Why does Janie want to change her name, and what does she want to change it to?
9. Explain the situation when Janie returns home after hearing about Jason's birth certificate.
10. Explain what happens between Janie and Mrs. Shields in chapter three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe how the theme of reality versus fantasy plays out and is resolved within the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the lack in progression in Janie's relationship with Reeve mirror Janie's progression in discovering the truth of her past?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the most prominent theme or lesson in the book? Why does the author write this book? What is she trying to convey to readers?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)