|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
2. Which "collecting" hobby of Janie's does Reeve bring up in chapter two, which Janie ignores?
3. In chapter four, Jason describes the first time he sees ____________.
4. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
5. In what area is Mrs. Johnson's college degree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's story?
2. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
3. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
4. Describe the 'daymare' that Janie has while getting ice cream with Reeve in chapter two.
5. Explain the situation when Janie returns home after hearing about Jason's birth certificate.
6. Explain Janie's flashback in chapter three as well as what Janie finds particularly upsetting about the flashback.
7. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
8. Janie heads outside while Reeve is raking leaves. Describe what happens next.
9. Why does Janie take a sip of Sarah-Charlotte's milk, instead of her own?
10. Describe the flashback that Janie has in chapter eight, after dinner with her parents.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does food act as a symbol of the status of the family unit throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In chapter one, Janie wants to change her name to Jayne Johnstone. What does this suggest about Janie's feelings toward herself? What type of solutions does changing her name present?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the lack in progression in Janie's relationship with Reeve mirror Janie's progression in discovering the truth of her past?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)