|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter eight, what is used as a symbol of the family relationship between the Johnsons?
2. What is missing from Janie house, which makes Janie more skeptical?
3. What is Lizzy's current profession?
4. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
5. What upcoming event is Janie's mother decorating for after Janie kisses Reeve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the contrast present between Janie's relationship with Reeve and Janie's relationship with her family.
2. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
3. Describe the 'daymare' that Janie has while getting ice cream with Reeve in chapter two.
4. How does Janie's parents feel about dating, how is this illustrated in chapter one?
5. What is Hannah's story?
6. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
7. Who is Lizzy? Explain in some detail.
8. What does Janie realize about her parents' fears in chapter nine?
9. What suggests that Janie wants to, and plans on, spending the night with Reeve in the future?
10. Explain Janie's feelings about the kiss between her and Reeve.
Essay Topic 1
How does Janie's notebook serve as type of catharsis for Janie?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the most prominent theme or lesson in the book? Why does the author write this book? What is she trying to convey to readers?
Essay Topic 3
Lizzy is first introduced in the novel as someone that Janie is not very fond of. By the end of the novel, Lizzy's role changes completely. What is Lizzy's role by the end of the novel? Explain the contrast in her character from the beginning versus her role in the end.
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)