Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
2. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
3. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
5. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's story?
2. Describe what goes through Janie's mind as she looks at the milk carton.
3. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
4. What does Janie use her notebook for?
5. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
6. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
7. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
8. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
9. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
10. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the most prominent theme or lesson in the book? Why does the author write this book? What is she trying to convey to readers?
Essay Topic 2
Janie's thoughts about the milk carton are constantly plaguing her mind, yet she feels as though he cannot confide in anyone. Explain how the milk carton increases the angst and loneliness that a typical teenager feels.
Essay Topic 3
Does Janie seem to desire a relationship with her real family? Or is it just knowledge of the truth she desires? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)