Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
2. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
3. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
5. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's story?
2. Describe what goes through Janie's mind as she looks at the milk carton.
3. Explain what the tarnished white dress symbolizes.
4. What does Janie use her notebook for?
5. How does Reeve's and Janie's relationship grow in chapter two?
6. What story does Jason tell at lunch and how does it relate to Janie's situation?
7. What happens when Reeve and Janie come home to in chapter 12?
8. Does Janie want the evidence against her parents to be true? Explain.
9. Explain the focus of Janie's mind during chapter two.
10. What might "attention" have to do with Janie's kidnapping, as supposed by Janie?
The images of ice cream and milk are recurring motifs throughout the novel. What is particularly interesting about the fact that Janie continuously has flashbacks of herself eating ice cream, or that she sees the picture of missing girl on a carton of milk? Explain using in-text citations to support your claims.
Throughout the novel there are many symbols of Janie's tarnished childhood. What are they and how do they lend to the theme that Janie's childhood is tainted?
Explain how the lack in progression in Janie's relationship with Reeve mirror Janie's progression in discovering the truth of her past?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)