|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many digits does Janie have left in the 800 number when she stops dialing and hangs up?
2. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
3. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
4. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
(a) Snack time.
(d) Their daily walk.
5. What is Janie's real name?
(a) Jennie Sherwood.
(b) Janie Spring.
(c) Jayne Johnstone.
(d) Jennie Spring.
6. What is missing from Janie house, which makes Janie more skeptical?
(a) Her parent's wedding picture.
(d) Baby pictures.
7. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(c) Polka dot.
8. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
9. What upcoming event is Janie's mother decorating for after Janie kisses Reeve?
(a) A concert.
(b) A football game.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A soccer game.
10. In which country do the students travel on the upcoming school trip mentioned in the novel?
11. When Janie arrives to an empty house, while her mother is volunteering, what does Janie first begin looking for?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(b) Baby pictures.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) The key to the safety deposit box.
12. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
(a) Graduating high school.
(b) His ability to connect with other people.
(c) Friday's football game.
(d) Beginning a romantic relationship.
13. In chapter eight, what is used as a symbol of the family relationship between the Johnsons?
(a) The trunk.
(b) The home.
(d) Janie's mother's new attitude.
14. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
(b) Cake decorating.
15. Which of the following best describes how Janie views Hannah, when she views the photograph in the trunk?
(b) An uncanny resemblance to herself.
(d) She is the same girl on the milk carton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
2. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
3. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
4. What place do teen couples go to become physical?
5. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)