|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(d) Polka dot.
3. Which of the following best describes how Janie views Hannah, when she views the photograph in the trunk?
(b) She is the same girl on the milk carton.
(d) An uncanny resemblance to herself.
4. Where is Janie's birth certificate, according to Janie's mother?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) The bank.
(c) A safe in the basement.
(d) In the attic.
5. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Vegetables and dip.
(d) Ice cream.
6. Which "collecting" hobby of Janie's does Reeve bring up in chapter two, which Janie ignores?
(a) Stamp collecting.
(b) Bottle cap collecting.
(c) Ring collecting.
(d) Milk collecting.
7. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
8. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
(a) Tiny white shoes.
(b) Braiding her hair.
(c) A woman pushing her on a swing.
(d) Retrieving candy.
9. What place do teen couples go to become physical?
(a) Scenic Park.
(b) Scenic Overlook.
(c) The Lookout.
(d) Overlook Drive.
10. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
11. What are Janie and her friend studying for in chapter four?
(a) A history test.
(b) A driver's test.
(c) An English test.
(d) A math test.
12. Which word best describes Janie's feelings regarding reaching out to her friends at this time in her life?
13. What color is Janie's hair?
14. What happens in the flashback Janie has in chapter four?
(a) She spills milk.
(b) She is eating ice cream.
(c) She is hugging a strange woman.
(d) She is kidnapped.
15. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) The park.
(b) Scenic Overlook.
(c) A high school football game.
(d) A college football game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hannah?
2. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
3. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
4. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
5. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)