|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
(a) Chapter six.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter three.
(d) Chapter five.
2. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
3. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter ten.
(b) Chapter eight.
(c) Chapter seven.
(d) Chapter nine.
4. How old is Hannah when she joins the group, as stated in chapter nine?
5. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
6. What happens in the flashback Janie has in chapter four?
(a) She is hugging a strange woman.
(b) She spills milk.
(c) She is eating ice cream.
(d) She is kidnapped.
7. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
(a) In her pocket.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Underneath her mattress.
(d) In her purse.
8. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
(a) On Overlook Drive.
(b) At Scenic Overlook.
(c) Next door to Janie.
(d) Down the street from Janie.
9. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
10. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
(a) A passport.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) Social security card.
(d) A birth certificate.
11. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(d) Sense of confidence.
12. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
(a) Honors breakfast.
(b) A football game.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) National Honor Society meeting.
13. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
(a) Mrs. Spring.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
14. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
(a) She is quite fond of Lizzy.
(b) She is apprehensive about Lizzy.
(c) She does not like Lizzy.
(d) She feels self conscious around Lizzy.
15. Which type of number does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter five?
(a) An 800 number.
(b) His telephone number.
(c) Her zodiac number.
(d) Child services number.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
2. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
3. How old is Janie when her parents buy a camera?
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
5. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)