|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
(a) She talks often of other boys.
(b) She catches a ride home with another boy.
(c) She goes out on a date with someone else.
(d) She flirts with other boys.
2. What school related event does Janie attend in chapter eight?
(a) Honors breakfast.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) National Honor Society meeting.
(d) A football game.
3. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) Going shopping.
(b) Driver's license.
(c) Getting a car.
(d) New shoes.
4. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
(a) Chapter two.
(b) Chapter four.
(c) Chapter eight.
(d) Chapter nine.
5. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
(b) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(c) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(d) Janie kissing Reeve.
6. Janie's mother does not wear ___________.
7. Where in the house does Janie end up looking?
(a) The basement.
(b) Her parents' bedroom.
(c) The attic.
(d) Her father's office.
8. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
9. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
(b) Mr. Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
10. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
(a) At the neighbor's house.
(b) Not stated.
(c) Out shopping.
(d) At the grocery store.
11. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(a) Polka dot.
12. In which chapter does Janie eventually confront her parents about all that she uncovers?
(a) Chapter nine.
(b) Chapter eight.
(c) Chapter ten.
(d) Chapter seven.
13. How old is Hannah when she joins the group, as stated in chapter nine?
14. How many digits does Janie have left in the 800 number when she stops dialing and hangs up?
15. What is Reeve doing in chapter four, when Janie abandons her snack?
(a) Throwing a football.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Washing his car.
(d) Raking leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
2. Which type of number does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter five?
3. Whom does Hannah marry?
4. Which word best describes Janie's feelings regarding reaching out to her friends at this time in her life?
5. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)