|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By chapter nine, Janie returns to the mindset of a(n) ______________.
2. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
(b) Her lack of birth certificate.
(c) Why her parents do not allow her to get her driver's license.
(d) Missing baby photos.
3. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Riding in a car.
(c) Clothes shopping.
(d) Playing in a local park.
4. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
(b) Peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Turkey sandwich.
(d) Ham and cheese sandwich.
5. While watching TV, Janie has a memory about which type of woman's clothing?
(a) An apron.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A dress.
(d) A skirt.
6. What does Janie do after the Johnsons tell her the truth?
(b) Decides to search for her real parents.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Runs away.
7. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
8. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
9. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
(a) She is afraid she'll fail the test.
(b) Her parent's approval.
(c) Lack of a car.
(d) Lack of birth certificate.
10. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
(a) Janie Shields.
(b) Jenny Johnstone.
(c) Jayne Johnstone.
(d) Jennie Spring.
11. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
(a) A passport.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) Social security card.
(d) A birth certificate.
12. In chapter three, the color white is used to symbolize ____________.
13. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
(a) Alcoholics anonymous.
(b) A traveling circus group.
(c) A group of writers and philosophers.
(d) A religious cult.
14. In which country do the students travel on the upcoming school trip mentioned in the novel?
15. In chapter eight, what is used as a symbol of the family relationship between the Johnsons?
(b) The home.
(c) The trunk.
(d) Janie's mother's new attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
2. How many digits does Janie have left in the 800 number when she stops dialing and hangs up?
3. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
4. What is Janie's real name?
5. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)