|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the cloth of the dress that Janie finds in the trunk?
2. What does Janie do after the Johnsons tell her the truth?
(a) Decides to search for her real parents.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Calls the police.
3. What does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter four?
(a) An 800 number.
(b) His early childhood memories.
(c) Whether or not he has a daymare.
(d) His birth certificate.
4. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
(a) At Scenic Overlook.
(b) Next door to Janie.
(c) Down the street from Janie.
(d) On Overlook Drive.
5. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
(a) Not stated.
(b) Out shopping.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
6. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
7. Which sport does Janie's father play?
8. While watching TV, Janie has a memory about which type of woman's clothing?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A skirt.
(c) An apron.
(d) A dress.
9. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
10. In what area is Mrs. Johnson's college degree?
(a) Medieval literature.
(b) English literature.
(d) Elizabethan literature.
11. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) Underneath her mattress.
(c) In her purse.
(d) In her pocket.
12. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
(a) She is quite fond of Lizzy.
(b) She does not like Lizzy.
(c) She feels self conscious around Lizzy.
(d) She is apprehensive about Lizzy.
13. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
14. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) She is adopted.
(c) Aunt and uncle.
15. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
2. Whom does Janie help study in chapter four?
3. Which word most correctly describes how Janie views her parents, after they come clean with the truth?
4. What does Janie find her mother decorating when she returns to the house after kissing Reeve?
5. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)