|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(b) Polka dot.
2. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
3. Which subject does Janie complete an assignment for at the beginning of the novel?
4. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
(a) Alcoholics anonymous.
(b) A religious cult.
(c) A traveling circus group.
(d) A group of writers and philosophers.
5. What does Janie do after the Johnsons tell her the truth?
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Decides to search for her real parents.
(d) Runs away.
6. In chapter four, Jason describes the first time he sees ____________.
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His mother.
(c) His school.
(d) His birth certificate.
7. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
8. What kind of ice cream do Reeve and Janie order in chapter two of the novel?
(a) Banana splits.
(b) Strawberry ice cream cones.
(c) Chocolate with sprinkles.
(d) Fudge sundaes.
9. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
10. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) Getting a car.
(b) Going shopping.
(c) New shoes.
(d) Driver's license.
11. Which type of number does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter five?
(a) Child services number.
(b) An 800 number.
(c) His telephone number.
(d) Her zodiac number.
12. Who is Hannah?
(a) Janie, her real name.
(b) Janie's mother.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) Janie's friend.
13. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
(a) Chapter six.
(b) Chapter three.
(c) Chapter five.
(d) Chapter seven.
14. Which "collecting" hobby of Janie's does Reeve bring up in chapter two, which Janie ignores?
(a) Milk collecting.
(b) Ring collecting.
(c) Bottle cap collecting.
(d) Stamp collecting.
15. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
(a) Her parent's approval.
(b) She is afraid she'll fail the test.
(c) Lack of birth certificate.
(d) Lack of a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
2. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
3. Whom does Hannah marry?
4. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
5. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)