|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
(a) Chapter three.
(b) Chapter one.
(c) Chapter four.
(d) Chapter two.
2. In which chapter does Janie eventually confront her parents about all that she uncovers?
(a) Chapter eight.
(b) Chapter ten.
(c) Chapter nine.
(d) Chapter seven.
3. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(b) Polka dot.
4. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
5. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter ten.
(b) Chapter nine.
(c) Chapter seven.
(d) Chapter eight.
6. What is Janie allergic to?
7. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
(a) Clothes shopping.
(b) Playing in a local park.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Riding in a car.
8. What color is Janie's hair?
9. Where does Janie's mother volunteer at?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A day care.
(c) The woman's shelter.
(d) The soup kitchen.
10. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie kissing Reeve.
(b) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(c) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(d) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
11. What does Janie's mother make in chapter eight, that Janie refuses to eat?
(a) Pot roast.
(b) Green bean casserole.
(c) Meat loaf.
12. In which chapter does Adair receive her driver's license?
(a) Chapter five.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter two.
(d) Chapter six.
13. What is Janie's real name?
(a) Jennie Spring.
(b) Jayne Johnstone.
(c) Janie Spring.
(d) Jennie Sherwood.
14. Finish the sentence with the word that best completes it. Janie is ____________ by the memories of her past.
15. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(d) Sense of confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
2. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
3. By chapter nine, Janie returns to the mindset of a(n) ______________.
4. Janie's mother does not wear ___________.
5. What place do teen couples go to become physical?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)