|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many digits does Janie have left in the 800 number when she stops dialing and hangs up?
2. Janie's mother does not wear ___________.
3. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
(a) Lack of birth certificate.
(b) Lack of a car.
(c) She is afraid she'll fail the test.
(d) Her parent's approval.
4. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
(a) At Scenic Overlook.
(b) On Overlook Drive.
(c) Next door to Janie.
(d) Down the street from Janie.
5. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter seven.
(b) Chapter ten.
(c) Chapter nine.
(d) Chapter eight.
6. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
(c) Cake decorating.
7. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) Aunt and uncle.
(d) She is adopted.
8. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
(a) A traveling circus group.
(b) Alcoholics anonymous.
(c) A religious cult.
(d) A group of writers and philosophers.
9. Who offers Janie a ride home in the rain, in chapter two?
10. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) Through her flashbacks.
(b) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
(c) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(d) He parents tell her the truth.
11. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Vegetables and dip.
(d) Ice cream.
12. What is Reeve doing in chapter four, when Janie abandons her snack?
(a) Raking leaves.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Washing his car.
(d) Throwing a football.
13. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(c) Sense of confidence.
14. Mr. Brylowe teaches which subject?
15. What does Janie realize her parents are afraid of by chapter nine?
(a) Losing Janie.
(c) The law.
(d) Janie's real parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
2. What does Janie think of in chapter three, while at class with her mother?
3. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
4. In which chapter does Janie eventually confront her parents about all that she uncovers?
5. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)