|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) The park.
(b) A college football game.
(c) Scenic Overlook.
(d) A high school football game.
2. When Janie arrives to an empty house, while her mother is volunteering, what does Janie first begin looking for?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) The key to the safety deposit box.
(d) Baby pictures.
3. Where are Janie's parents when she arrives from after getting ice cream with Reeve?
(a) Not stated.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) Out shopping.
4. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
(a) Chapter three.
(b) Chapter four.
(c) Chapter one.
(d) Chapter two.
5. What color is Janie's hair?
6. Who offers Janie a ride home in the rain, in chapter two?
7. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
(a) Fishing equipment.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Christmas sweaters.
(d) Old bathing suits.
8. In chapter two, Janie has a strange flashback of a strange woman. In the flashback, where is the strange woman leading Janie?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) A car.
(c) A ice cream shop.
(d) A house.
9. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
10. To where does Hannah eventually move?
11. What does Janie need to obtain in order to attend the upcoming school trip?
(a) A passport.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Social security card.
(d) A driver's license.
12. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
(a) She is apprehensive about Lizzy.
(b) She feels self conscious around Lizzy.
(c) She does not like Lizzy.
(d) She is quite fond of Lizzy.
13. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
(a) Jenny Johnstone.
(b) Jayne Johnstone.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Janie Shields.
14. Which "collecting" hobby of Janie's does Reeve bring up in chapter two, which Janie ignores?
(a) Bottle cap collecting.
(b) Milk collecting.
(c) Ring collecting.
(d) Stamp collecting.
15. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reeve doing in chapter four, when Janie abandons her snack?
2. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
3. What is Janie allergic to?
4. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
5. In which country do the students travel on the upcoming school trip mentioned in the novel?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)