|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter eight, Janie has a memory of doing this with her real mother.
(a) Riding in a car.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Clothes shopping.
(d) Playing in a local park.
2. Where is Janie's birth certificate, according to Janie's mother?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) The bank.
(c) In the attic.
(d) A safe in the basement.
3. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(d) Polka dot.
4. What is missing from Janie house, which makes Janie more skeptical?
(a) Her parent's wedding picture.
(b) Baby pictures.
5. Which type of number does Janie ask Reeve about in chapter five?
(a) Child services number.
(b) His telephone number.
(c) An 800 number.
(d) Her zodiac number.
6. What does Janie believe to be controlling her thoughts?
(a) Her subconscious.
(b) A demon.
(c) Her unconscious.
(d) The devil.
7. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
8. What word best describes Janie's relationship with her thoughts about the milk carton?
9. Which television show is Janie watching when she has her flashback in chapter three?
(a) The Andy Griffith Show.
(c) I Dream of Jeanie.
(d) Gilligan's Island.
10. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
11. In which chapter does Adair receive her driver's license?
(a) Chapter seven.
(b) Chapter six.
(c) Chapter two.
(d) Chapter five.
12. Who's penknife does Janie borrow to cut out the picture on the milk carton?
(a) Her father's.
13. Where does Janie's mother volunteer at?
(a) A day care.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The soup kitchen.
(d) The woman's shelter.
14. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
(a) Lying in the grass.
(b) Sitting on a stool.
(c) Holding a woman's hand.
(d) Sitting next to her mother.
15. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
(a) Janie smashes the trunk open.
(b) The lock breaks.
(c) The trunk isn't locked.
(d) Janie finds the key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
2. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
3. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
4. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
5. Mr. Brylowe teaches which subject?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)