|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
(a) Underneath her mattress.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) In her purse.
(d) In her pocket.
2. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
(a) They are criminals.
(b) They are strict.
(c) They are secretive.
(d) They are very mean.
3. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
4. How old is Hannah when she joins the group, as stated in chapter nine?
5. What does Janie's mother make in chapter eight, that Janie refuses to eat?
(a) Green bean casserole.
(b) Pot roast.
(c) Meat loaf.
6. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
(b) Cake decorating.
7. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
(a) Sitting next to her mother.
(b) Lying in the grass.
(c) Sitting on a stool.
(d) Holding a woman's hand.
8. Janie finds a trunk in chapter seven, what is the trunk labeled with?
9. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
10. Which word best describes how Janie feels regarding moving forward with her relationship with Reeve?
11. Sarah-Charlotte thinks about the fact that Janie never has a ________________ in chapter one, while eating at lunch.
(b) Sense of confidence.
12. How old is Janie Johnson at the beginning of the novel?
13. How old is Janie when her parents buy a camera?
(c) A baby.
14. What is Sarah-Charlotte's last name?
15. Where does Mrs. Shields live?
(a) On Overlook Drive.
(b) Down the street from Janie.
(c) Next door to Janie.
(d) At Scenic Overlook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Janie help study in chapter four?
2. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
3. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
4. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
5. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)