|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reeve doing in chapter four, when Janie abandons her snack?
(a) Throwing a football.
(b) Raking leaves.
(c) Washing his car.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
2. What is the color of the cloth of the dress that Janie finds in the trunk?
3. In which chapter does Janie have her most vivid memory?
(a) Chapter two.
(b) Chapter nine.
(c) Chapter eight.
(d) Chapter four.
4. What does Janie find her mother decorating when she returns to the house after kissing Reeve?
(b) A cheese cake.
(c) A sheet cake.
5. What does Janie do after the Johnsons tell her the truth?
(a) Decides to search for her real parents.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Calls the police.
6. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) Aunt and uncle.
(c) She is adopted.
7. What is Janie's real name?
(a) Janie Spring.
(b) Jennie Sherwood.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Jayne Johnstone.
8. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) Going shopping.
(b) New shoes.
(c) Getting a car.
(d) Driver's license.
9. In chapter two, Janie has a strange flashback of a strange woman. In the flashback, where is the strange woman leading Janie?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) A ice cream shop.
10. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
(a) She talks often of other boys.
(b) She goes out on a date with someone else.
(c) She flirts with other boys.
(d) She catches a ride home with another boy.
11. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
(a) The trunk isn't locked.
(b) Janie smashes the trunk open.
(c) The lock breaks.
(d) Janie finds the key.
12. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
(a) They are strict.
(b) They are very mean.
(c) They are secretive.
(d) They are criminals.
13. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
14. Finish the sentence with the word that best completes it. Janie is ____________ by the memories of her past.
15. By chapter nine, Janie returns to the mindset of a(n) ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Janie when her parents buy a camera?
2. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
3. Who calls Reeve into his house after kissing Janie?
4. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
5. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)