|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
(c) Snack time.
(d) Their daily walk.
2. What does Janie believe to be controlling her thoughts?
(a) The devil.
(b) A demon.
(c) Her unconscious.
(d) Her subconscious.
3. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
(a) Chapter three.
(b) Chapter five.
(c) Chapter four.
(d) Chapter six.
4. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) Scenic Overlook.
(b) The park.
(c) A high school football game.
(d) A college football game.
5. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter eight.
(b) Chapter ten.
(c) Chapter seven.
(d) Chapter nine.
6. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
(b) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(c) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(d) Janie kissing Reeve.
7. Which word does Janie look up in the dictionary in chapter four?
8. Which of the following is not included in the things Janie finds in the house while in search of some truth?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Old bathing suits.
(c) Fishing equipment.
(d) Christmas sweaters.
9. In chapter eight, what is used as a symbol of the family relationship between the Johnsons?
(b) Janie's mother's new attitude.
(c) The trunk.
(d) The home.
10. Mr. Brylowe teaches which subject?
11. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with her mother begin to unravel?
(a) Chapter nine.
(b) Chapter five.
(c) Chapter three.
(d) Chapter four.
12. What is Sarah-Charlotte's last name?
13. How old is Hannah when she joins the group, as stated in chapter nine?
14. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
15. In chapter four, Jason describes the first time he sees ____________.
(a) His mother.
(b) His school.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upcoming event is Janie's mother decorating for after Janie kisses Reeve?
2. In chapter three, the color white is used to symbolize ____________.
3. What is Janie's real name?
4. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
5. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)