|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the house does Janie end up looking?
(a) The attic.
(b) Her father's office.
(c) The basement.
(d) Her parents' bedroom.
2. Who is Mr. Johnson's first name?
3. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with Reeve begin to develop?
(a) Chapter two.
(b) Chapter three.
(c) Chapter one.
(d) Chapter four.
4. What does Janie realize her parents are afraid of by chapter nine?
(a) Losing Janie.
(b) Janie's real parents.
(c) The law.
5. In which chapter does Reeve first kiss Janie?
(a) Chapter six.
(b) Chapter four.
(c) Chapter five.
(d) Chapter three.
6. Which sport does Janie's father play?
7. How does Janie attempt to make Reeve jealous?
(a) She flirts with other boys.
(b) She goes out on a date with someone else.
(c) She catches a ride home with another boy.
(d) She talks often of other boys.
8. What does Janie's mother make in chapter eight, that Janie refuses to eat?
(a) Pot roast.
(c) Green bean casserole.
(d) Meat loaf.
9. Who's penknife does Janie borrow to cut out the picture on the milk carton?
(c) Her father's.
10. What happens in the flashback Janie has in chapter four?
(a) She is eating ice cream.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is hugging a strange woman.
(d) She spills milk.
11. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
(a) The lock breaks.
(b) Janie smashes the trunk open.
(c) Janie finds the key.
(d) The trunk isn't locked.
12. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
(b) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(c) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
(d) Janie kissing Reeve.
13. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(a) Polka dot.
14. Where do the Sherwood, Shields and Johnson families go together, and enjoy a picnic lunch?
(a) Scenic Overlook.
(b) A college football game.
(c) A high school football game.
(d) The park.
15. What is Lizzy's current profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, Jason describes the first time he sees ____________.
2. What is Janie's real name?
3. What is Janie allergic to?
4. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
5. Which character is central to the novel, yet only appears in flashbacks?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)