|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie believe to be controlling her thoughts?
(a) Her unconscious.
(b) Her subconscious.
(c) A demon.
(d) The devil.
2. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter ten.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter nine.
(d) Chapter eight.
3. What does Janie fix for herself as a snack in chapter four?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Vegetables and dip.
4. What is Janie eating for lunch in chapter one?
(b) Ham and cheese sandwich.
(c) Turkey sandwich.
(d) Peanut butter sandwich.
5. What does Janie realize her parents are afraid of by chapter nine?
(a) Janie's real parents.
(b) The law.
(c) Losing Janie.
6. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
(b) Cake decorating.
7. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
(a) Janie Shields.
(b) Jennie Spring.
(c) Jayne Johnstone.
(d) Jenny Johnstone.
8. What does Janie daydream about getting in the opening of the novel?
(a) New shoes.
(b) Getting a car.
(c) Driver's license.
(d) Going shopping.
9. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(b) He parents tell her the truth.
(c) Through her flashbacks.
(d) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
10. While watching TV, Janie has a memory about which type of woman's clothing?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A dress.
(c) An apron.
(d) A skirt.
11. Who's penknife does Janie borrow to cut out the picture on the milk carton?
(a) Her father's.
12. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
(c) Their daily walk.
(d) Snack time.
13. Where does Janie's mother volunteer at?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A day care.
(c) The soup kitchen.
(d) The woman's shelter.
14. What is Mrs. Johnson's first name?
15. Which action marks a turning point in the novel?
(a) Janie kissing Reeve.
(b) Janie breaks up with Reeve.
(c) Janie's confrontation of her parents.
(d) Janie finally calling the police to report herself from the milk carton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which chapter does Janie's relationship with her mother begin to unravel?
2. What is preventing Janie from getting her driver's license?
3. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
4. Where does Janie place the picture on the milk carton after she cuts it out?
5. What are Janie and her friend studying for in chapter four?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)