|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which "collecting" hobby of Janie's does Reeve bring up in chapter two, which Janie ignores?
(a) Ring collecting.
(b) Stamp collecting.
(c) Bottle cap collecting.
(d) Milk collecting.
2. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) Aunt and uncle.
(c) She is adopted.
3. Which word best describes Reeve in relation to the rest of his family, as stated within the novel?
4. In which country do the students travel on the upcoming school trip mentioned in the novel?
5. What does Janie daydream about changing her name to?
(a) Jenny Johnstone.
(b) Janie Shields.
(c) Jennie Spring.
(d) Jayne Johnstone.
6. In chapter two, Janie has a flashback. In the flashback Janie is ___________________, eating ice cream.
(a) Sitting on a stool.
(b) Lying in the grass.
(c) Sitting next to her mother.
(d) Holding a woman's hand.
7. What is the best way to describe Janie's feelings toward Lizzy?
(a) She is quite fond of Lizzy.
(b) She does not like Lizzy.
(c) She feels self conscious around Lizzy.
(d) She is apprehensive about Lizzy.
8. Which word best describes the status of Janie's relationship with her parents in chapter seven, as she begins to uncover the truth?
9. In which chapter does Janie attempt to dial the 800 number on the milk carton?
(a) Chapter six.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter five.
(d) Chapter three.
10. In which chapter does Adair receive her driver's license?
(a) Chapter five.
(b) Chapter seven.
(c) Chapter two.
(d) Chapter six.
11. How does Janie discover what he real name is?
(a) Through her flashbacks.
(b) She finds a newspaper clipping.
(c) He parents tell her the truth.
(d) Reeve discovers the truth from Lizzy.
12. What does Janie have a memory of when looking at the milk carton that makes her believe that it is her?
(a) The dress she is wearing.
(b) Hugging a woman who is not her mother.
(c) Black, mary-jane shoes.
(d) The house the girl is standing by.
13. When Janie arrives to an empty house, while her mother is volunteering, what does Janie first begin looking for?
(a) The key to the safety deposit box.
(b) Baby pictures.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) Newspaper clippings.
14. How does Janie open the locked trunk in chapter seven?
(a) The lock breaks.
(b) Janie finds the key.
(c) Janie smashes the trunk open.
(d) The trunk isn't locked.
15. In chapter two, Janie has a strange flashback of a strange woman. In the flashback, where is the strange woman leading Janie?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) A car.
(c) A ice cream shop.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie believe to be controlling her thoughts?
2. What the original surname of the Johnsons?
3. Where is Janie's birth certificate, according to Janie's mother?
4. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
5. Which television show is Janie watching when she has her flashback in chapter three?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)