|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Janie's biological relation to her "parents"?
(b) She is adopted.
(d) Aunt and uncle.
2. In which chapter does Janie begin to see her childhood as loving?
(a) Chapter seven.
(b) Chapter eight.
(c) Chapter ten.
(d) Chapter nine.
3. Janie finds a trunk in chapter seven, what is the trunk labeled with?
4. What word best describe Janie's feelings toward her kiss with Reeve?
5. What does Mrs. Shields say about Janie's parents when Janie asks her about them?
(a) They are secretive.
(b) They are criminals.
(c) They are strict.
(d) They are very mean.
6. What are Janie and her friend studying for in chapter four?
(a) A driver's test.
(b) A math test.
(c) An English test.
(d) A history test.
7. Which of the following is not included in Janie's confrontation of her parents?
(a) Her lack of birth certificate.
(b) Missing baby photos.
(d) Why her parents do not allow her to get her driver's license.
8. What is the print of the dress the girl on the milk carton is wearing?
(c) Polka dot.
9. Who is Hannah?
(a) Janie's friend.
(b) Janie, her real name.
(c) Janie's sister.
(d) Janie's mother.
10. What does Janie have a memory of when looking at the milk carton that makes her believe that it is her?
(a) Black, mary-jane shoes.
(b) Hugging a woman who is not her mother.
(c) The house the girl is standing by.
(d) The dress she is wearing.
11. In the early stages of the novel, Janie is unsure as to whether or not her flashbacks are actual _____________ or _______________.
(a) Memories, daydreams.
(b) Memories, hallucinations.
(c) Hallucinations, daydreams.
(d) accurate, inaccurate.
12. In chapter three, the color white is used to symbolize ____________.
13. What daily event does Janie's mother skip in chapter four?
(b) Snack time.
(c) Their daily walk.
14. Which word most correctly describes how Janie views her parents, after they come clean with the truth?
15. What group does Hannah join, as stated in chapter nine?
(a) A group of writers and philosophers.
(b) A traveling circus group.
(c) Alcoholics anonymous.
(d) A religious cult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's milk does Janie take a sip of in chapter one?
2. In what area is Mrs. Johnson's college degree?
3. Which class do Janie and her mother go to in chapter three?
4. Reeve claims that he is insecure about this in chapter two.
5. Who is Adair on the phone with in chapter five?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)