|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
2. What do Rick and Kinsey talk about at the pool hall?
3. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
4. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
5. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In reference to the plotting of F is for Fugitive,
(1) Why are the events of the novel arranged as they are?
(2) What moves the narrative along? Is it external action or internal conflicts? Or is it a combination of both? Support your answer with three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what foreshadowing is and how it is used in F is for Fugitive, citing three examples that you believe are examples of foreshadowing. Each example must come from a different scene in the book. Explain how each example relates to the outcome of the novel.
This section contains 1,316 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)