|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
2. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
3. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
4. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
5. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
2. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
3. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
5. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
8. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
9. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
10. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
Essay Topic 3
The setting refers to the time and the place where a story occurs. Discuss the main setting of F is for Fugitive as the background for the telling of the narrative. What elements of the setting would be very different if the novel was set in a large city? Give four specific examples.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)