|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
2. What was Ori allergic to?
3. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
4. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. Shana is not home but what does Kinsey find outside?
5. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
2. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
3. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
4. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
5. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
6. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
7. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
8. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
9. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
10. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting refers to the time and the place where a story occurs. Discuss the main setting of F is for Fugitive as the background for the telling of the narrative. What elements of the setting would be very different if the novel was set in a large city? Give four specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)