Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
Essay Topic 1
Conflict is a common element of writing, in both fiction and nonfiction. Why is conflict so often used in narratives? How can it help move a story along? Give four examples where conflict in F is for Fugitive occurs and how it helps explain the relationship between Kinsey and other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Define the genre of mystery novel in fictional writing. List four elements that make up the typical mystery novel. Using examples, show how F is for Fugitive is typical of a mystery novel. Give two examples of how another novel in the same genre could differ from the structure or elements that Sue Grafton, the author, used.
Essay Topic 3
Define the components of the literary element of plot known as "exposition". What purpose does it serve in writing? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of exposition in F is for Fugitive that enhance the novel.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)