|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
Essay Topic 1
Define what is meant by "style" in writing. Discuss what kind of style is used in traditional nonfiction, novels, and creative nonfiction. Which style was used in the writing of F is for Fugitive? Support your answer with four examples.
Essay Topic 2
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
Essay Topic 3
F is for Fugitive is a first person narrative, told from private investigator Kinsey Millhone's point-of-view. Briefly explain how the first person narrative is effective and how it is limited. Give four specific examples that show how the story is effective told from Kinsey's point of view, and how our vicarious experience of them is enhanced.
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)