|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
2. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
3. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
4. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
5. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what foreshadowing is and how it is used in F is for Fugitive, citing three examples that you believe are examples of foreshadowing. Each example must come from a different scene in the book. Explain how each example relates to the outcome of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The setting refers to the time and the place where a story occurs. Discuss the main setting of F is for Fugitive as the background for the telling of the narrative. What elements of the setting would be very different if the novel was set in a large city? Give four specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Humor is an element of fiction that is often employed by authors. Why is it used? How can it enhance a novel? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of humor where you feel the pace and the theme of F is for Fugitive has been enhanced by its use.
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)