|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
2. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
3. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
4. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
5. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
Essay Topic 1
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in F is for Fugitive? What is the result of the events of the climax? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Tone refers to the attitude of the narrator of a work. Through Kinsey, as the narrator of F is for Fugitive, what is the author's tone at different stages of the book? Explain the tone, with examples:
(1) At the beginning of the book, when Kinsey takes on the Fowler/Timberlake case
(2) When Kinsey is doing the groundwork of her investigation
(3) When Kinsey is coming up against obstacles in her investigation
(4) When Kinsey gets the answers she needs to solve the case.
Essay Topic 3
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)