|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
2. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
3. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
4. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
5. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
Essay Topic 2
Define the genre of mystery novel in fictional writing. List four elements that make up the typical mystery novel. Using examples, show how F is for Fugitive is typical of a mystery novel. Give two examples of how another novel in the same genre could differ from the structure or elements that Sue Grafton, the author, used.
Essay Topic 3
Ann Fowler is presented as an antagonist in F is for Fugitive. Why did the author choose to keep this hidden from the reader until very near the end of the novel? Explain how the author presents Ann in a negative light, giving four examples. Choose one example that might give the reader a hint of Ann's role in the novel?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)