Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
Essay Topic 1
Conflict is a common element of writing, in both fiction and nonfiction. Why is conflict so often used in narratives? How can it help move a story along? Give four examples where conflict in F is for Fugitive occurs and how it helps explain the relationship between Kinsey and other characters.
Essay Topic 2
F is for Fugitive is a first person narrative, told from private investigator Kinsey Millhone's point-of-view. Briefly explain how the first person narrative is effective and how it is limited. Give four specific examples that show how the story is effective told from Kinsey's point of view, and how our vicarious experience of them is enhanced.
Essay Topic 3
Humor is an element of fiction that is often employed by authors. Why is it used? How can it enhance a novel? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of humor where you feel the pace and the theme of F is for Fugitive has been enhanced by its use.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)