Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
Conflict is a common element of writing, in both fiction and nonfiction. Why is conflict so often used in narratives? How can it help move a story along? Give four examples where conflict in F is for Fugitive occurs and how it helps explain the relationship between Kinsey and other characters.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)