|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
2. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
3. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
5. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
2. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
3. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
4. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
5. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
6. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
7. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
8. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
9. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
10. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
State the theme of F is for Fugitive. How is the theme of the story reflected in the conflicts Kinsey Millhone's experiences as she works on her case? Give four examples with an explanation for each one.
Essay Topic 2
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
Essay Topic 3
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)