|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
2. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
3. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
4. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
5. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
2. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
3. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
4. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
5. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
6. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
7. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
8. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
9. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
10. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
F is for Fugitive is a first person narrative, told from private investigator Kinsey Millhone's point-of-view. Briefly explain how the first person narrative is effective and how it is limited. Give four specific examples that show how the story is effective told from Kinsey's point of view, and how our vicarious experience of them is enhanced.
Essay Topic 2
Define what is meant by "style" in writing. Discuss what kind of style is used in traditional nonfiction, novels, and creative nonfiction. Which style was used in the writing of F is for Fugitive? Support your answer with four examples.
Essay Topic 3
Ann Fowler is presented as an antagonist in F is for Fugitive. Why did the author choose to keep this hidden from the reader until very near the end of the novel? Explain how the author presents Ann in a negative light, giving four examples. Choose one example that might give the reader a hint of Ann's role in the novel?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)