|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
2. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
3. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
4. What does Kinsey's dinner companion tell her as they eat at the restaurant?
5. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
2. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
3. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
4. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
5. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
6. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
7. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
8. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
9. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
10. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what is meant by "style" in writing. Discuss what kind of style is used in traditional nonfiction, novels, and creative nonfiction. Which style was used in the writing of F is for Fugitive? Support your answer with four examples.
Essay Topic 2
Conflict is a common element of writing, in both fiction and nonfiction. Why is conflict so often used in narratives? How can it help move a story along? Give four examples where conflict in F is for Fugitive occurs and how it helps explain the relationship between Kinsey and other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Define the components of the literary element of plot known as "exposition". What purpose does it serve in writing? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of exposition in F is for Fugitive that enhance the novel.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)