|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
2. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
3. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
5. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
2. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
3. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
4. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
5. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
6. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
8. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
9. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
10. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
Essay Topic 2
State the theme of F is for Fugitive. How is the theme of the story reflected in the conflicts Kinsey Millhone's experiences as she works on her case? Give four examples with an explanation for each one.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what foreshadowing is and how it is used in F is for Fugitive, citing three examples that you believe are examples of foreshadowing. Each example must come from a different scene in the book. Explain how each example relates to the outcome of the novel.
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)