|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
2. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
3. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
4. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
5. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
2. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
3. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
4. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
5. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
6. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
7. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
8. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
9. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
10. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in F is for Fugitive? What is the result of the events of the climax? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
Essay Topic 3
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)