Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
2. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
3. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
5. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
3. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
4. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
5. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
8. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
9. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
10. Kinsey races back to the motel even though she can hear police sirens and she is pretty sure they are looking for her. When she gets there, what two things does she notice? What does she also finally realize?
Essay Topic 1
What does the element of challenges add to a work of fiction, and in particular, the murder mystery novel? What challenges does Kinsey Millhone face in F is for Fugitive? Give four examples of challenges and explain how she overcomes or is defeated by these challenges.
Essay Topic 2
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in F is for Fugitive? What is the result of the events of the climax? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)