|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
2. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
3. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
4. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
5. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
2. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
3. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
4. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
5. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
6. When Kinsey goes to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa for the first time, what does she observe there? Who owns the hotel?
7. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
8. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
9. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
10. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
Essay Topic 2
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
Essay Topic 3
Conflict is a common element of writing, in both fiction and nonfiction. Why is conflict so often used in narratives? How can it help move a story along? Give four examples where conflict in F is for Fugitive occurs and how it helps explain the relationship between Kinsey and other characters.
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)