|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
2. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
3. At Jean's old high school, where does Kinsey find photos of her?
4. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
5. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
2. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
3. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
4. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
5. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
6. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
7. In Chapter 10, Kinsey visits with one of Jean's old classmates. Who was it and what did she find out?
8. KInsey finally gets to talk to Shana about Jean. What does she find out?
9. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
10. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in F is for Fugitive? What is the result of the events of the climax? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define what is meant by "style" in writing. Discuss what kind of style is used in traditional nonfiction, novels, and creative nonfiction. Which style was used in the writing of F is for Fugitive? Support your answer with four examples.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)