Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
2. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
3. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
4. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
5. When Kinsey asks the wife of the owner of the spa about Jean Timberlake, what is her response?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
2. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
3. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
4. Kinsey races back to the motel even though she can hear police sirens and she is pretty sure they are looking for her. When she gets there, what two things does she notice? What does she also finally realize?
5. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
6. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
7. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
8. Kinsey goes to the local bar and sits with the owner, Curtis Pearl, known as Pearl, who tells her something about the night of Jean's death. What does he tell her?
9. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
10. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
The protagonist of a story is not always portrayed in a positive light. In many novels, the protagonist makes a change or comes to a realization about some aspect of their life. Kinsey, although an adult, still grapples with personal issues that often make her question her life. The role of the protagonist is portrayed in F is for Fugitive in both a positive and negative light. Give at least three examples from the novel that characterize Kinsey in both these lights and analyze her behavior in the novel that show her as a protagonist that is not perfect.
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)