|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
2. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
3. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
5. In the Royce's motel lobby, Kinsey finds a pamphlet for the Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs. What does the pamphlet advertise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
2. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
3. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
4. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
5. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
6. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
7. KInsey finally gets to talk to Shana about Jean. What does she find out?
8. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
9. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
10. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
F is for Fugitive is a first person narrative, told from private investigator Kinsey Millhone's point-of-view. Briefly explain how the first person narrative is effective and how it is limited. Give four specific examples that show how the story is effective told from Kinsey's point of view, and how our vicarious experience of them is enhanced.
Essay Topic 2
Define what is meant by "style" in writing. Discuss what kind of style is used in traditional nonfiction, novels, and creative nonfiction. Which style was used in the writing of F is for Fugitive? Support your answer with four examples.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how dialogue in fiction serves as a device to enhance:
Give one example from F is for Fugitive that illustrates each of these elements.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)