Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
2. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
3. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
5. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
3. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
4. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
5. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
8. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
9. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
10. Kinsey races back to the motel even though she can hear police sirens and she is pretty sure they are looking for her. When she gets there, what two things does she notice? What does she also finally realize?
The resolution of a story is the wrapping up of details and often the aftermath of the climactic events. Why was Kinsey's report included at the end of the book as an Epilogue? Do you believe this added to the themes of truth and justice? As a reader, how did you respond to the report?
What does the element of challenges add to a work of fiction, and in particular, the murder mystery novel? What challenges does Kinsey Millhone face in F is for Fugitive? Give four examples of challenges and explain how she overcomes or is defeated by these challenges.
Ann Fowler is presented as an antagonist in F is for Fugitive. Why did the author choose to keep this hidden from the reader until very near the end of the novel? Explain how the author presents Ann in a negative light, giving four examples. Choose one example that might give the reader a hint of Ann's role in the novel?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)