|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
2. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
3. Kinsey goes to visit Shana, who takes a shower. What does Kinsey do while Shana is in the shower?
4. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
5. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
3. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
4. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
5. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
8. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
9. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
10. Kinsey races back to the motel even though she can hear police sirens and she is pretty sure they are looking for her. When she gets there, what two things does she notice? What does she also finally realize?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what foreshadowing is and how it is used in F is for Fugitive, citing three examples that you believe are examples of foreshadowing. Each example must come from a different scene in the book. Explain how each example relates to the outcome of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The setting refers to the time and the place where a story occurs. Discuss the main setting of F is for Fugitive as the background for the telling of the narrative. What elements of the setting would be very different if the novel was set in a large city? Give four specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
F is for Fugitive is a first person narrative, told from private investigator Kinsey Millhone's point-of-view. Briefly explain how the first person narrative is effective and how it is limited. Give four specific examples that show how the story is effective told from Kinsey's point of view, and how our vicarious experience of them is enhanced.
This section contains 2,153 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)