|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
2. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
3. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
4. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
5. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
2. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
3. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
4. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
5. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
6. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
7. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
8. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
9. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
10. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
Essay Topic 1
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in F is for Fugitive? What is the result of the events of the climax? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
Essay Topic 2
In reference to the plotting of F is for Fugitive,
(1) Why are the events of the novel arranged as they are?
(2) What moves the narrative along? Is it external action or internal conflicts? Or is it a combination of both? Support your answer with three examples.
Essay Topic 3
State the theme of F is for Fugitive. How is the theme of the story reflected in the conflicts Kinsey Millhone's experiences as she works on her case? Give four examples with an explanation for each one.
This section contains 2,110 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)