|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
2. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
3. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
4. What American State is the setting for F is For Fugitive?
5. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
2. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
3. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
4. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
5. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
6. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
7. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
8. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
9. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
10. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the components of the literary element of plot known as "exposition". What purpose does it serve in writing? Give four examples of Sue Grafton's use of exposition in F is for Fugitive that enhance the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Rising action in a story or novel leads up to the climax. It is usually composed of conflict of some sort that will ultimately lead to a climax in the story. List five examples where Grafton introduces conflict into the rising action to lead the story to a climax.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what foreshadowing is and how it is used in F is for Fugitive, citing three examples that you believe are examples of foreshadowing. Each example must come from a different scene in the book. Explain how each example relates to the outcome of the novel.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)