|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(b) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(c) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
(d) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
2. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Joseph Dunne.
3. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Bailey wants to surrender.
(b) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(c) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(d) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
4. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He looked at his watch.
(b) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(c) He got off work at midnight that night.
(d) He got off work early that night.
5. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
(b) A phone number marked "Urgent".
(c) A reference to Jean's baptism.
(d) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
2. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
3. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
4. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
5. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
2. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
3. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
4. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
5. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
6. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
7. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
8. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
9. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
10. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)