|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(b) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
(c) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
(d) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
(b) If he was the father of Jean's child.
(c) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
(d) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
3. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) She remembers she left her purse there.
(b) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
(c) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(d) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
4. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
(a) He claims he didn't have anything to do with it.
(b) He breaks down and sobs.
(c) He begs Kinsey not to tell anyone he called.
(d) He is angry.
5. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven thirty.
(b) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
2. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
3. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
4. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
5. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
2. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
3. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
4. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
5. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
6. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
7. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
8. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
9. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
10. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)