|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The motel's night manager.
2. After badgering him about Jean, what does Dwight Shales admit?
(a) That he was her father.
(b) That he had served time for assaulting a woman.
(c) That he had an affair with Jean before she died.
(d) That he wanted to date Kinsey.
3. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(b) That Bailey wants to surrender.
(c) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(d) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
4. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
(b) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
(c) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(d) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
5. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori vomits profusely,
(b) Ori begins to convulse.
(c) Ori has a heart attack.
(d) Ori slips into a coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
2. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
3. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
4. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
2. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
3. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
4. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
5. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
6. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
7. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
8. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
9. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
10. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)