|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
(a) That Jean had gone home well before midnight.
(b) He says that Jean and Bailey arrived at the beach at midnight.
(c) That he saw Jean with Tap Granger.
(d) That she gave him a ride home.
2. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
(a) At the pool hall with Dwight.
(b) At Dwight's house.
(c) At the diner with Dwight.
(d) In Dwight's car.
3. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
(b) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(c) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
(d) Because she had run out of other ideas.
4. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) That she was very lazy and incompetent.
(b) That she wanted to work there permanently.
(c) That she had come to him asking for an abortion.
(d) That she was in love with him.
5. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
(b) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(c) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(d) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
2. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
3. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
4. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
5. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
2. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
3. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
4. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
5. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
6. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
8. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
9. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
10. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)