|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
(a) John Clemson.
(b) Darren Montgomery.
(c) Jeremy Haws.
(d) Dennis Shales.
2. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
(a) That he was having an affair with Tap Granger's widow.
(b) That she better stay out of the investigation.
(c) That Tap had owed him a lot of money.
(d) That he got permission for her to look at Jean Timberlake's school records.
3. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The gas station owner.
(b) The dentist.
(c) The high school principal.
(d) The pharmacist.
4. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
(a) Jean only complained about him a bit because Ann was his sister.
(b) Jean had told Ann that she was not in love with Bailey.
(c) Jean had told Ann that Bailey was the father of her child.
(d) Jean had never talked to Ann about Bailey.
5. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. Shana is not home but what does Kinsey find outside?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A scrap of paper.
(c) The card she saw on her last visit.
(d) Shana's datebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
2. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
5. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
2. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
3. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
4. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
5. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
6. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
7. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
8. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
9. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)