|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Joseph Dunne.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Jack Clemson.
2. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(b) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
(c) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
(d) They all hated each other.
3. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
(a) She needs to use a washroom.
(b) She believes the information in it points to something found at the church.
(c) She needs to clarify a religious question.
(d) It is the closest building to Shana's apartment.
4. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She is shocked into silence.
(b) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(c) She is cold and indifferent.
(d) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
5. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(b) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(c) That Bailey wants to surrender.
(d) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
2. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
5. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
2. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
3. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
5. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
6. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
7. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
8. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
9. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
10. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)