|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
(a) Ann Fowler.
(b) Curtis Pearl.
(c) Shana Timberlake.
(d) Jerry Lee Haws.
2. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
(b) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(c) Because she had run out of other ideas.
(d) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
3. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
4. What was Ori allergic to?
(b) Sulfa drugs.
(c) Direct sunlight.
5. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(d) Rev. Haws.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
2. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
3. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
4. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
5. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
2. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
4. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
5. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
6. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
7. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
8. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
9. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)