|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
2. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(b) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
(c) Because she had run out of other ideas.
(d) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
3. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) Shana still goes there occasionally.
(b) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(c) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(d) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
4. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
5. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
(a) She punches the woman in the jaw.
(b) She kicks the woman in the shin.
(c) She pushes her down and sits on her.
(d) She pulls her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
2. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
3. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
4. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
2. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
3. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
4. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
5. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
6. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
7. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
8. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
9. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
10. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)