|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
(a) That he was Jean's father.
(b) That he was Shana's father.
(c) That he paid Tap Granger to spring Bailey from the courthouse.
(d) That Elva was not his wife; he was secretly married to Shana.
2. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The motel's night manager.
3. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
(b) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(c) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
(d) That people are out looking for Bailey,
4. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
(a) Jerry Lee Haws.
(b) Ann Fowler.
(c) Shana Timberlake.
(d) Curtis Pearl.
5. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(b) She is shocked into silence.
(c) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(d) She is cold and indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
2. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. Shana is not home but what does Kinsey find outside?
3. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
4. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
5. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
2. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
3. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
4. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
5. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
6. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
7. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
8. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
9. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
10. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)