|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The pharmacist.
(b) The gas station owner.
(c) The high school principal.
(d) The dentist.
2. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
(a) Jean had told Ann that she was not in love with Bailey.
(b) Jean only complained about him a bit because Ann was his sister.
(c) Jean had told Ann that Bailey was the father of her child.
(d) Jean had never talked to Ann about Bailey.
3. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(b) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(c) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
(d) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
4. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(b) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
(c) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(d) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
5. What does Kinsey's dinner companion tell her as they eat at the restaurant?
(a) That he hated the town and wanted to leave.
(b) That he wanted to ask Kinsey out.
(c) That he wanted to become a private investigator.
(d) That his wife had been sick for years and had died of multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
2. The man who had headed the group Jean joined laughs at Kinsey's idea that Jean might have been interested in him. Why is this?
3. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
4. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
5. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
2. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
3. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
4. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
5. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
6. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
7. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
8. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
9. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
10. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)