|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
(a) Jean only complained about him a bit because Ann was his sister.
(b) Jean had never talked to Ann about Bailey.
(c) Jean had told Ann that she was not in love with Bailey.
(d) Jean had told Ann that Bailey was the father of her child.
2. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
(a) Shana Timberlake's car.
(b) Curtis and Rick Pearl in their pickup truck.
(c) Bailey Fowler hiding in an old shack.
(d) Dwight Shales in his car.
3. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
(b) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(c) She remembers she left her purse there.
(d) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
5. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(b) She is shocked into silence.
(c) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(d) She is cold and indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
2. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
3. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
4. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
5. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
2. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
3. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
4. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
5. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
8. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
9. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
10. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)