|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
(a) He says, "Good riddance".
(b) He laughs.
(c) He tears up and expresses grief.
(d) He seems genuinely surprised.
2. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
(a) He claims he didn't have anything to do with it.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He breaks down and sobs.
(d) He begs Kinsey not to tell anyone he called.
3. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
(a) That Elva was not his wife; he was secretly married to Shana.
(b) That he was Shana's father.
(c) That he was Jean's father.
(d) That he paid Tap Granger to spring Bailey from the courthouse.
4. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
(a) It is a threatening call made on a tape recorder.
(b) It is a woman's voice.
(c) It is a man's voice.
(d) It is a long distance call.
5. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Mail addressed to Shana.
(b) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
2. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
3. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
4. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
5. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
2. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
3. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
4. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
5. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
6. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
7. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
8. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
9. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
10. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)