|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
(a) John Clemson.
(b) Darren Montgomery.
(c) Dennis Shales.
(d) Jeremy Haws.
2. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She is shocked into silence.
(b) She is cold and indifferent.
(c) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(d) She is angry and swearing a lot.
3. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(b) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(c) Shana still goes there occasionally.
(d) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
4. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
(a) A copy of Jean's arrest record.
(b) A copy of Jean's birth certificate.
(c) A copy of Jean's adoption record.
(d) A copy of Jean's marriage license.
5. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(b) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
(c) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
(d) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
2. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
3. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
4. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
5. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
2. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
3. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
4. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
5. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
6. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
8. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
9. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
10. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)