|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(b) Because she had run out of other ideas.
(c) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
(d) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
2. What was Ori allergic to?
(b) Sulfa drugs.
(d) Direct sunlight.
3. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(c) The motel's night manager.
(d) The housekeeper.
4. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Mail addressed to Shana.
(b) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
5. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
(a) Ann Fowler.
(b) Curtis Pearl.
(c) Shana Timberlake.
(d) Jerry Lee Haws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
2. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
3. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
4. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
5. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
2. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
3. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
4. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
5. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
6. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
7. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
8. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
10. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)