|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Reverend Haws.
(c) Joseph Dunne.
(d) Dwight Shales.
2. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(b) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(c) She is cold and indifferent.
(d) She is shocked into silence.
3. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He got off work at midnight that night.
(b) He got off work early that night.
(c) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(d) He looked at his watch.
4. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(c) Rev. Haws.
5. What does Kinsey's dinner companion tell her as they eat at the restaurant?
(a) That his wife had been sick for years and had died of multiple sclerosis.
(b) That he wanted to ask Kinsey out.
(c) That he wanted to become a private investigator.
(d) That he hated the town and wanted to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
2. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
3. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
4. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
5. The man who had headed the group Jean joined laughs at Kinsey's idea that Jean might have been interested in him. Why is this?
Short Essay Questions
1. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
2. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
3. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
4. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
5. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
6. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
7. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
8. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
9. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
10. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)