|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
(a) Dr. Hakim.
(b) Dr. Dunne's.
(c) Dr. Poletti.
(d) Dr. Pearl.
2. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(b) That only she and Royce knew about it.
(c) A lot of people knew about it.
(d) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
3. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori slips into a coma.
(b) Ori begins to convulse.
(c) Ori has a heart attack.
(d) Ori vomits profusely,
4. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) That she was very lazy and incompetent.
(b) That she wanted to work there permanently.
(c) That she had come to him asking for an abortion.
(d) That she was in love with him.
5. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(b) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
(c) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(d) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
2. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
3. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
4. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
5. What do Rick and Kinsey talk about at the pool hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
2. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
4. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
5. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
6. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
7. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
8. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
9. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
10. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)