|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
(a) Shana Timberlake's car.
(b) Bailey Fowler hiding in an old shack.
(c) Dwight Shales in his car.
(d) Curtis and Rick Pearl in their pickup truck.
2. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) She remembers she left her purse there.
(b) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(c) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
(d) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
3. What was Ori allergic to?
(a) Direct sunlight.
(d) Sulfa drugs.
4. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
(a) They are ignoring it.
(b) They are covering it extensively.
(c) They are taking sides against Bailey Fowler.
(d) They are selling sensational stories to the big city papers.
5. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
(a) Jean had joined a political group.
(b) Jean had joined a fund-raising group.
(c) Jean had joined a choir group.
(d) Jean had joined the Baptist Church youth group.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
2. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
3. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
4. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
5. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
2. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
3. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
4. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
5. The morning after she receives a threatening phone call, what does Kinsey overhear at the local diner?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
7. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
8. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
9. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
10. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)