|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Joseph Dunne.
(d) Reverend Haws.
2. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
(b) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
(c) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(d) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
3. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
(a) Threatens her with physical harm.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Ignores her and start talking to her dinner companion.
(d) Screams obscenities at her.
4. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
(b) They all hated each other.
(c) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(d) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
5. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
(b) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(c) Mail addressed to Shana.
(d) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
2. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
3. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
4. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
5. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Kinsey at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa? What is she attacked with? How does Kinsey retaliate?
2. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
3. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
4. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
5. After Kinsey checks out the spa property, who is she confronted by? What does this person tell her? What does Kinsey do?
6. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
7. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
8. Before phoning Shana and Dr. Dunne's office, Kinsey had left the room to avoid seeing Ann give Ori an injection. When she is finished her calls, what happens? What is the result of this?
9. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
10. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)