|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(b) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(c) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(d) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
2. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
(a) What some of the local people would do if they found Bailey on their property.
(b) That Tap Granger had been paid by someone to free Bailey.
(c) Who the father of Jean's baby really was.
(d) That Royce Fowler had just died.
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(b) She is cold and indifferent.
(c) She is shocked into silence.
(d) She is angry and swearing a lot.
4. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
(b) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(c) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(d) Shana still goes there occasionally.
5. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Kinsey wants to ask Shana where Bailey is.
(b) Shana has left several messages asking to speak to Kinsey.
(c) She thinks Shana has vital information that will help the case.
(d) Kinsey has heard someone wants to kill Shana.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
2. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
3. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
4. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
5. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
2. What does the spa owner admit to Kinsey about Shana and Jean? What is his reaction to Ori's death? What does he say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
3. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
4. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
5. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
8. After running away from the spa property, where does Kinsey end up? What does she talk about with this individual?
9. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
10. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)