|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Ignores her and start talking to her dinner companion.
(c) Screams obscenities at her.
(d) Threatens her with physical harm.
2. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He got off work at midnight that night.
(b) He got off work early that night.
(c) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(d) He looked at his watch.
3. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) A gun.
(b) A stash of cash.
(c) Shana's body.
(d) Bailey's body.
4. After badgering him about Jean, what does Dwight Shales admit?
(a) That he had served time for assaulting a woman.
(b) That he wanted to date Kinsey.
(c) That he was her father.
(d) That he had an affair with Jean before she died.
5. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
(b) That she must have been imagining it all.
(c) That it must have come from outside the motel.
(d) That it must have been made within the motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
2. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
3. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
4. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
5. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
3. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
4. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
5. After her talk with Dr. Dunne, Kinsey returns to the motel and learns from Jack Clemson that Bailey has been given sanctuary at the church by Mrs. Haws. Kinsey then decides to go back to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa. What does she find there and what does this discovery lead her to?
6. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
7. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
8. Kinsey decides to go visit Tap Granger's widow, Joleen. What is her impression of Joleen? What does Joleen tell Kinsey about Tap?
9. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
This section contains 1,491 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)