|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(b) Eleven thirty.
(c) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
2. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(c) Goes for a drive a lone.
(d) Goes for a walk.
3. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
4. What was Ori allergic to?
(c) Direct sunlight.
(d) Sulfa drugs.
5. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She is cold and indifferent.
(b) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(c) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(d) She is shocked into silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
2. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
3. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
4. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
5. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
Short Essay Questions
1. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
4. After Kinsey is attacked at the spa, where does she go to eat? Who does she end up eating with and what do they talk about?
5. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
6. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
7. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
8. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
9. What is Kinsey thinking about as she heads off to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa after having no luck finding Shana at the three places she's checked? When she gets there, who does she talk to?
10. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)