|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
(a) He had made some good investments.
(b) He inherited it from his uncle.
(c) He had won the money in a bet.
(d) He had a winning lottery ticket.
2. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(b) Rev. Haws.
3. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) A reference to Jean's baptism.
(b) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
(c) A phone number marked "Urgent".
(d) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
4. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
(a) That Jean had gone home well before midnight.
(b) That he saw Jean with Tap Granger.
(c) He says that Jean and Bailey arrived at the beach at midnight.
(d) That she gave him a ride home.
5. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The gas station owner.
(b) The dentist.
(c) The high school principal.
(d) The pharmacist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
2. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
3. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
4. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean?
5. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. While going through the documents that Dwight Shales gave her, what does Kinsey discover about Jean Timberlake's last few months at school? When discussing the documents, what else did Dwight tell her about Jean?
2. Kinsey is woken up during the night after meeting with members of a local family at the pool hall. What wakes her up and what is the result of this?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 21, Kinsey phones both Shana and Dr. Dunne's office. What does she want to know? Is she successful?
4. When Kinsey goes back to the motel after talking to members of a local family at the pool hall, who does she run into? What does this person tell her?
5. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean? What does Ann tell her?
6. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death? What does she speculate caused it?
7. What is the reaction of the spouse of the person who attacked Kinsey at the spa? What is the name of this person and what do they tell Kinsey about Jean Timberlake?
8. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
9. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)