|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
(a) She goes shopping with the Fowlers.
(b) She plays cards with the fowlers.
(c) She has dinner with the Fowlers.
(d) She goes to a movie with the Fowlers.
2. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Henry Pitts.
(b) Tap Granger.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Dwight Shales.
3. On the phone to him in her new motel room, what does Kinsey try to talk Bailey into doing?
(a) Seeing his father one last time.
(b) Running away with her.
(c) Turning himself in.
(d) Leaving the state.
4. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(b) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
(c) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(d) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
5. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
2. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
3. Bailey's lawyer tells Kinsey about Bailey's first criminal charge when he had just finished high school. What was it for?
4. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
5. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
2. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
3. Kinsey goes to the local bar and sits with the owner, Curtis Pearl, known as Pearl, who tells her something about the night of Jean's death. What does he tell her?
4. In Chapter 10, Kinsey visits with one of Jean's old classmates. Who was it and what did she find out?
5. What does Kinsey find out from Ori when she has her first chance to talk to her?
6. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
7. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
8. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
9. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
10. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)