|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oribelle (Ori) Fowler suffer from?
(a) Cancer and lupus.
(b) Arthritis and cancer.
(c) Arthritis and diabetes.
(d) Heart disease and diabetes.
2. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) At Bailey's old apartment.
(b) The gas station where he works.
(c) At a beach house.
(d) The local bar.
3. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
(a) That they met at a carnival.
(b) How they met on a train.
(c) That they had never wanted children.
(d) That they had a lot of money stashed away.
4. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Less than a year.
5. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a condo in Los Angeles.
(b) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
(c) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
(d) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
2. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
3. The evening of her angry confrontation with Royce, Kinsey has tea with Ann. What does Ann tell her about her childhood?
4. What does Shana deny to Kinsey concerning Jean?
5. After Bailey escapes, Kinsey returns to the motel with Royce. A lot of people show up, including one that Kinsey instantly disliked. Who was this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
2. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
3. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
4. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
5. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
6. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
7. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
8. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
9. Why is Royce Fowler particularly interested in proving his son's innocence with Kinsey's help?
10. In Chapter 10, Kinsey visits with one of Jean's old classmates. Who was it and what did she find out?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)