|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey finally decides to visit Shana in her small apartment. What has Shana been doing?
(b) Working in her garden.
(d) Writing letters.
2. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
(b) In jail doing five years for fraud.
(c) Living in San Diego.
(d) Staying with his parents.
3. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
(a) Alex Millhone.
(b) David Poletti.
(c) Sal Quintana.
(d) Dwight Swales.
4. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
(a) She thinks he might have a shady past.
(b) She thinks she might be falling in love with him.
(c) She thinks he is overcharging her on rent.
(d) She lost her parents as a child and doesn't want to become attached to him.
5. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) The liquor store.
(c) The spa.
(d) The local pool hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
2. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
3. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
4. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
5. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the man who had led the Baptist Church group when he was young? What does he do for a living? How did he respond to Kinsey's suggestion that Jean was interested in him?
2. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
3. Why does Kinsey head over to the Baptist Church after finding the item outside the apartment? What happens there? Where does she go next and what does she speculate about?
4. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
5. What does the man who headed the Baptist youth group tell Kinsey about the Reverend Haws? How does he know this?
6. KInsey finally gets to talk to Shana about Jean. What does she find out?
7. Why does Kinsey head to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa after she obtains Jean's birth certificate from the courthouse? What happens there?
8. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
9. Who shows up when Kinsey is eating with someone after she is attacked at the spa? What is that person's attitude towards Kinsey?
10. Kinsey goes to the local bar and sits with the owner, Curtis Pearl, known as Pearl, who tells her something about the night of Jean's death. What does he tell her?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)