|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Dwight Shales.
(b) Henry Pitts.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Tap Granger.
2. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
(a) She was illegitimate.
(b) Her mother still lived in town.
(c) She was a college student when she died.
(d) She had worked at the Royce's motel.
3. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) At Bailey's old apartment.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The gas station where he works.
4. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
(b) He hates his job and wants a new career.
(c) He is respectable, and married with children.
(d) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
5. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey has to live with Henry Pitts while her place is being renovated. Who is Henry?
2. What kind of job did Bailey hold during the years he was the run?
3. What does the man who burst into the courtroom do, before hauling Bailey out of the courtroom with him?
4. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
5. What does Oribelle (Ori) Fowler suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
2. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
3. KInsey finally gets to talk to Shana about Jean. What does she find out?
4. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
5. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
6. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
7. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
8. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
9. Kinsey goes to the local bar and sits with the owner, Curtis Pearl, known as Pearl, who tells her something about the night of Jean's death. What does he tell her?
10. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)