|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
(a) The local bar.
(b) At a beach house.
(c) At Bailey's old apartment.
(d) The gas station where he works.
2. What is the result of Kinsey's anger with Royce?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He falls and hits his head.
(c) He has a coughing fit and can't breathe.
(d) He has an epileptic seizure.
3. Bailey was picked up in Los Angeles not long before Kinsey was hired. Why?
(a) He had adopted the same name as another man wanted by the police.
(b) A neighbor had reported him as suspicious.
(c) He had assaulted a policeman.
(d) He had a lot of unpaid traffic violations.
4. Which of the following does Kinsey notice there is not a lot of in the courtroom?
(d) Local people.
5. When Kinsey sees Shana for the first time, why is she surprised?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She looks exactly like Jean.
(c) That she looks young for her age.
(d) She looks a lot like Kinsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
2. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
3. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
4. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
5. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
2. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
3. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
4. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
5. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
6. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
7. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
8. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
9. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
10. What happened at the motel after Bailey escaped from the courtroom?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)