|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking to Kinsey, Tap leaves to go to the bathroom. What happens after that?
(a) Kinsey waits but he never returns.
(b) Kinsey has a drink or two too many.
(c) Royce shows up.
(d) There is an explosion in a back room.
2. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(b) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(c) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(d) That she knew nothing about it.
3. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
(a) It had been bombed.
(b) It had been damaged in an earthquake.
(c) It was destroyed by fire.
(d) It had suffered heavy flood damage.
4. While Kinsey is looking at the pamphlet for Eucalyptus Mineral Hot Springs, what does Ann Fowler tell her?
(a) That she hates her brother.
(b) That she believes Bailey killed Jean.
(c) That she doesn't think the truth of the case will ever come out.
(d) That Jean Timberlake had worked there.
5. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
(b) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
(c) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(d) That Shana is wanted by police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
2. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
3. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
4. Why does Kinsey feel uneasy about Henry Pitts?
5. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Bailey Fowler's arrest in Los Angeles a few weeks before Kinsey is hired?
2. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
3. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
4. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
5. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
6. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
7. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
8. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
9. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
10. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)