|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she visits Shana, how does Royce make Kinsey angry?
(a) He tells her she is not bright enough for the job.
(b) He tells her he wasn't going to pay her.
(c) He tells her that she shouldn't talk to Shana.
(d) He tries to tell her how to run her investigation.
2. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Dwight Shales.
(b) Jack Clemson.
(c) Henry Pitts.
(d) Tap Granger.
3. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
(a) Run on his treadmill.
(b) Eat a pizza.
(d) Talk on his phone.
4. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
(b) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
(c) In a condo in Los Angeles.
(d) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
5. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
(a) He hates his job and wants a new career.
(b) He is respectable, and married with children.
(c) He loves his wife but doesn't want to be a father.
(d) He is trapped in an unhappy marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
2. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
3. A man named Royce hires Kinsey to investigate the case. How is he connected to Bailey?
4. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
5. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
2. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
3. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
4. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
5. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
6. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
7. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
8. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
9. What does Kinsey find out from Ori when she has her first chance to talk to her?
10. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)