|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer soon after she leaves the motel for the first time. What is his lawyer's name?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Henry Haws.
(c) Tap Granger.
(d) John Granger.
2. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
(b) Vehicular homicide.
(d) Voluntary manslaugter.
3. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
(a) John Clemson.
(b) Tap Granger.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A policeman.
4. Kinsey goes for a run when she gets home from her first meeting with Royce. Where does she run?
(a) On the country roads outside of town.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Through her neighborhood.
(d) Through Ocean View trailer park.
5. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
(a) He had gotten a phone call and left.
(b) His wife showed up demanding he get home.
(c) He gave someone a lift to the next town.
(d) He took sick suddenly and went home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
2. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
3. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
4. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
5. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
2. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
3. The night of Kinsey's attack at the spa she goes to the pool hall. Who does she talk with there? What does Kinsey learn?
4. Royce comes into Ann's bedroom while Kinsey is there. What happens next?
5. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 24 that sends Kinsey racing back to the motel?
7. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
8. Who shows up when Kinsey was visiting Joleen Granger? What does he tell Kinsey?
9. Why is Royce Fowler particularly interested in proving his son's innocence with Kinsey's help?
10. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. What does she find outside and what information does this object tell her?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)