|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
(a) That he is switching lawyers.
(b) That he is writing a book about his case.
(c) That he was not in on the plan to escape from the courthouse.
(d) That he has the money from his youthful life of crime.
2. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(b) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
(c) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
(d) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
3. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
(a) At eleven o'clock.
(b) Around eight thirty.
(c) At ten o'clock.
4. What does Kinsey find out while Shana is in the shower?
(a) That Shana has been corresponding with Bailey.
(b) That Shana is Royce's illegitimate daughter.
(c) That Shana is wanted by police.
(d) That Shana has received a sealed greeting card from Los Angeles.
5. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
(b) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
(c) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(d) That she is incompetent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Ann about her parents, where does Kinsey go hoping to find Shana Timberlake?
2. Which of the following does Kinsey notice there is not a lot of in the courtroom?
3. After the men escaped from the courtroom, what happened to them?
4. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
5. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
2. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
3. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
4. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
5. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
6. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
7. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
8. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
9. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
10. When Kinsey goes to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa for the first time, what does she observe there? Who owns the hotel?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)