|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bailey's attitude when Kinsey first meets with him?
(a) He was depressed and despondent.
(b) He was calm and confident.
(c) He was optimistic and upbeat.
(d) He was indifferent and apathetic.
2. How long did Bailey serve in prison for his conviction in the death of Jean Timberlake before he escaped?
(a) Fourteen months.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
(b) She threatens to call the police.
(c) She tells him she wants off the case.
(d) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
4. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
(b) Voluntary manslaugter.
(c) Vehicular homicide.
5. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
(a) She plays cards with the fowlers.
(b) She goes to a movie with the Fowlers.
(c) She goes shopping with the Fowlers.
(d) She has dinner with the Fowlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
2. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
3. What does Kinsey think about as she drives back to Floral Beach to work on Bailey's case?
4. How is Shana Timberlake related to Jean?
5. The day after talking with Tap Granger, why does Kinsey go with Royce to the courthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
2. Where does the Fowler family live? List the three family members who live there and briefly describe each one.
3. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
4. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
5. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
6. What does Kinsey find out from Ori when she has her first chance to talk to her?
7. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
8. After returning from her visit with Shana, Kinsey has dinner with the Fowlers. What dramatic events happen?
9. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
10. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)