|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
(a) That someone turned on the water in her room and flooded it.
(b) That her air conditioner has broken.
(c) That the cleaning woman spilled cleaning fluid all over the carpet.
(d) That someone has broken into her room.
2. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
(a) Looks for Bailey and Jean on the Internet.
(b) Phones some of Bailey's high school friends.
(c) Goes through old newspaper clippings about Bailey and Jean.
(d) Phones Bailey's lawyer.
3. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) She was promiscuous in high school.
(b) She told everyone she was a virgin.
(c) She was very shy and quiet.
(d) She was the nicest girl in town.
4. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
(a) San Luis Obispo High School
(b) Central Coast High School
(c) Santa Teresa High School
(d) Lincoln High School
5. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
(a) He begins to talk to someone who is with him.
(b) He starts to curse at her.
(c) He hung up suddenly.
(d) He starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
2. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
3. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
4. After visiting with Shana at her apartment, what does Kinsey do?
5. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Royce Fowler particularly interested in proving his son's innocence with Kinsey's help?
2. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
3. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
4. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
5. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
6. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
7. What does Kinsey find out from Ori when she has her first chance to talk to her?
8. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
9. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
10. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)