|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey find out had happened to Tap after he went to the bathroom?
(a) He gave someone a lift to the next town.
(b) He had gotten a phone call and left.
(c) He took sick suddenly and went home.
(d) His wife showed up demanding he get home.
2. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
(a) This individual tells Kinsey that Tap got a call from someone with a slurred voice.
(b) That he threatened to turn Bailey in.
(c) That he had gotten very drunk.
(d) That he had confessed to killing Jean.
3. After having tea with Ann, Kinsey goes to her motel room. What does she discover?
(a) That someone has broken into her room.
(b) That someone turned on the water in her room and flooded it.
(c) That her air conditioner has broken.
(d) That the cleaning woman spilled cleaning fluid all over the carpet.
4. When Bailey was charged for the death of Jean Timberlake, what was the result?
(a) He was sentenced to death.
(b) He was sentenced to life.
(c) He was sentenced for ten years.
(d) He escaped from the courthouse.
5. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Ocean Street Motel.
(b) Orange Grove Motel.
(c) Floral Beach Motel.
(d) Hospitality Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
2. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
3. After Kinsey gets home from her run after her first visit to Floral Beach, what does she do?
4. Kinsey decides to visit a high school classmate of Jean's. She goes to see David Poletti. What does he do for a living?
5. Ann Fowler tells Kinsey she is on a leave of absence from her job. What is her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
2. What were the circumstances of Bailey Fowler's arrest in Los Angeles a few weeks before Kinsey is hired?
3. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
4. In Chapter 10, Kinsey visits with one of Jean's old classmates. Who was it and what did she find out?
5. Why is Royce Fowler particularly interested in proving his son's innocence with Kinsey's help?
6. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
7. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
8. When Kinsey goes to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa for the first time, what does she observe there? Who owns the hotel?
9. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
10. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)