|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
(a) He went to trial and got one to ten years.
(b) His parents wouldn't pay for a good lawyer.
(c) His lawyer didn't show up for the trial.
(d) His partner in crime testified against him.
2. Which of the following was not true about Jean?
(a) She was illegitimate.
(b) Her mother still lived in town.
(c) She was a college student when she died.
(d) She had worked at the Royce's motel.
3. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
(b) In a condo in Los Angeles.
(c) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
(d) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
4. What does Shana say about the money Bailey and Tap had acquired through their criminal activity?
(a) That Jean had spent it on a car before she died.
(b) That Shana suspected Bailey still had it.
(c) That the Fowlers had used it to repair the motel.
(d) That she knew nothing about it.
5. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
(a) In a separate bungalow on the property.
(b) In a house across the highway from the motel.
(c) In their motel, in an apartment behind the main desk.
(d) On the entire ground floor of the motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
2. Who burst into the courtroom and yelled "Freeze!"?
3. What does Shana deny to Kinsey concerning Jean?
4. Jean was pregnant at the time of her death. What did Bailey tell Kinsey about the father of Jean's child?
5. Where does Kinsey go to see Tap Granger for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kinsey find out from Ori when she has her first chance to talk to her?
2. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
3. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
4. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
5. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
6. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
7. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
8. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
9. What were the circumstances of Bailey Fowler's arrest in Los Angeles a few weeks before Kinsey is hired?
10. When Kinsey goes to the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel spa for the first time, what does she observe there? Who owns the hotel?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)