|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shana tell Kinsey about her relationship with Jean just before she died?
(a) They had become distant because of Jean's lifestyle.
(b) They were close but Jean had taken to sneaking out of their apartment.
(c) That Shana had been against Jean leaving town for college.
(d) It was close but Jean preferred staying with her aunt.
2. Where does Kinsey usually live?
(a) In a bungalow in Floral Beach.
(b) In a town house in San Luis Obispo.
(c) In a condo in Los Angeles.
(d) In a small apartment in Santa Teresa.
3. Where do Royce Fowler and his wife live?
(a) In a separate bungalow on the property.
(b) In their motel, in an apartment behind the main desk.
(c) In a house across the highway from the motel.
(d) On the entire ground floor of the motel.
4. How much time did Bailey serve for his first charge?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
5. After meeting Oribelle and Ann for the first time at the motel, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To Santa Teresa.
(b) To Los Angeles.
(c) To San Luis Obispo.
(d) To Salton Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
2. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
3. What does someone tell Kinsey about Tap's last night alive?
4. Kinsey is hired to investigate a crime that Bailey Fowler was accused of committing seventeen years against Jean Timberlake. What was he charged with?
5. Kinsey spends hours talking to someone after Bailey hung up on her. Who did she talk to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
2. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
3. What events happen in the courtroom soon after everyone is waiting for Bailey's case to be called?
4. After losing her phone connection with Bailey, who calls Kinsey? What is the result of this call?
5. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
6. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
7. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
8. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
9. The day after talking to Tap Granger at the bar, Kinsey goes with Royce to the courthouse. Why are they there and who does Kinsey talk to there? What does he tell her?
10. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)