|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the principal at Jean Timberlake's old high school?
(a) Tap Granger.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Henry Pitts.
2. What does Kinsey wonder about Bailey's escape from the courthouse?
(a) Whether he was meant to be killed too.
(b) Whether Bailey fixed it so that Tap got killed.
(c) Whether the deputy had helped Bailey escape.
(d) Whether his father was behind it.
3. Kinsey speaks to a large blond woman the first time she visits the spa. Who was this woman?
(a) A tennis pro.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The wife of the owner of the spa.
(d) A fitness instructor.
4. Where is Bailey at the beginning of the book?
(a) In jail doing five years for fraud.
(b) Living in San Diego.
(c) Staying with his parents.
(d) In jail waiting to be arraigned.
5. While Kinsey is talking to Bailey on the phone in her new motel room, what does he do?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) He begins to talk to someone who is with him.
(c) He starts to curse at her.
(d) He hung up suddenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the eyewitness say Bailey and Jean were seen at the beach the night she died?
2. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
3. What is making a lot of noise at the place Kinsey sees Shana for the first time?
4. What was the name of the night manager at the Fowler's motel?
5. After seeing the principal, Kinsey goes to see Bailey. What does he tell her Jean was doing at the time of her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. After visiting Bailey in jail, Kinsey returns to the motel and has a glass of wine with his sister, Ann. What does Ann tell Kinsey about her parents' early life? What are Ann's views on Jean's death?
2. Kinsey heads to San Luis Obispo. Who does she go to see there? How is she received at his office? What surprising detail does he tell her at the end of their visit?
3. Kinsey goes to the local high school to try to find out more about Jean Timberlake. How does she do this and what does she find out?
4. Kinsey goes to the local bar and sits with the owner, Curtis Pearl, known as Pearl, who tells her something about the night of Jean's death. What does he tell her?
5. Who joined Kinsey and Pearl in the bar and what did Kinsey learn from him? What happens at the end of the conversation?
6. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
7. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
8. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
9. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
10. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)