|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kinsey is settled into her new motel room, Bailey calls her. What does he tell her?
(a) That he is writing a book about his case.
(b) That he has the money from his youthful life of crime.
(c) That he is switching lawyers.
(d) That he was not in on the plan to escape from the courthouse.
2. What does Bailey's lawyer do while Kinsey talks to him?
(a) Eat a pizza.
(b) Run on his treadmill.
(d) Talk on his phone.
3. What is the name of the motel Kinsey will call home during Bailey's case?
(a) Floral Beach Motel.
(b) Ocean Street Motel.
(c) Hospitality Court.
(d) Orange Grove Motel.
4. How does Kinsey express her anger with Royce?
(a) She threatens to call the police.
(b) She bad-mouths him to Ann right in front of him.
(c) She tells him she wants off the case.
(d) She tells him if he doesn't like the way things are, he could hire someone else.
5. Who did the man who hauled Bailey out of the courtroom turn out to be?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Tap Granger.
(c) John Clemson.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Kinsey's residence during her last case?
2. Why did Bailey feel he got burned on his first case?
3. What kind of life does Tap tell Kinsey he is living now?
4. Where does Kinsey go after returning Royce to the motel after Bailey's escape?
5. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of his first experience with the justice system, what did Bailey decide to do when he was charged with Jean's death? What was the result of this?
2. After Kinsey returns home from her first meeting with Royce Fowler, what does she do to find out more about Bailey Fowler and Jean Timberlake? What does she learn about Bailey?
3. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
4. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
5. KInsey finally gets to talk to Shana about Jean. What does she find out?
6. How do Ann Fowler and her mother get along? In Chapter 3, how do we know that Ori might be racist?
7. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
8. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
9. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
10. Where does Kinsey live and what are her current living conditions?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)