|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David Poletti tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) She was very shy and quiet.
(b) She told everyone she was a virgin.
(c) She was the nicest girl in town.
(d) She was promiscuous in high school.
2. After leaving the spa for the first time, where does Kinsey go?
(a) To the local newspaper office.
(b) To the pool hall.
(c) To do some shopping.
(d) To the gym.
3. What does Bailey's lawyer tell Kinsey when she runs into him at the courthouse?
(a) That it is up to her - she must come up with something that will prove Bailey's innocence.
(b) That she should return to her home town to avoid being killed.
(c) That she is incompetent.
(d) That she is too attractive to be a private investigator.
4. Where does Kinsey go after returning Royce to the motel after Bailey's escape?
(a) To the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel.
(b) To the Santa Teresa Inn.
(c) To the Sunshine Spa.
(d) To the Floral Springs Hotel.
5. What problem does Ann have with her mother?
(a) Her mother is very hard to please.
(b) Her mother never lets Ann out of her sight.
(c) It is impossible to lift her mother.
(d) She won't let Ann give her her medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kinsey returns to the Fowler's motel, what does Ann tell her about her parents?
2. Royce brings another person with him when he interviews Kinsey. Who is it?
3. After Kinsey meets with Bailey's lawyer for the first time, Kinsey goes to the high school that Jean attended. What is the name of the high school?
4. Who is the owner of the spa Kinsey goes to visit?
5. What crimes that he and Bailey were involved in does Tap talk about the second time Kinsey meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Royce is taken to the hospital, Kinsey has tea with Ann and finds out about her unhappy childhood. When Kinsey goes to her room for the night, what does she discover? How is the situation handled?
2. Why is Royce Fowler particularly interested in proving his son's innocence with Kinsey's help?
3. What does the lawyer tell Kinsey about Bailey's first brush with the law, before Jean's death?
4. Who hires Kinsey Millhone at the beginning of F is for Fugitive? What will Kinsey be paid to do?
5. After visiting the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs spa, Kinsey returns to the pool hall. What does she find out what happened to Tap after their conversation the night before?
6. After her visit to the high school, Kinsey heads over to the San Luis Obispo jail to meet with Bailey Fowler. What is his mood and what does he say about Jean?
7. Kinsey finally gets a chance to meet Shana Timberlake, Jean's mother. Where does she meet her and what are the circumstances?
8. Bailey calls Kinsey in her new motel room. What do they talk about? What happens at the end of the conversation?
9. Who is Henry Pitts and how does Kinsey feel about him?
10. While at the high school, who does Kinsey talk to and what is the result?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)