|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(b) Goes for a run.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Goes for a drive a lone.
2. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) Bailey's body.
(b) A stash of cash.
(c) Shana's body.
(d) A gun.
3. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
(b) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(c) That it was not working at all.
(d) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
4. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(b) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(c) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
(d) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
5. Who shows up at the restaurant where Kinsey is having dinner? Why is this individual angry?
(a) Ann Fowler. Kinsey didn't tell her she was not eating at the motel.
(b) Ann Fowler. She accused Kinsey of stealing money.
(c) Shana Timberlake. She hates Kinsey's dinner companion.
(d) Shana Timberlake. She says Kinsey is trying to steal her man.
6. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) Her attendance was poor.
(b) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(c) She was failing every subject.
(d) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
7. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A camera.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A tennis racket.
8. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
(a) Check out the miniature golf ornaments on the property.
(b) Check out the bird houses and bird baths.
(c) Check out the hot tubs that were scattered around the property.
(d) Check out the swimming pool's changing cabins.
9. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Reverend Haws.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Jack Clemson.
(d) Joseph Dunne.
10. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
(a) It is a long distance call.
(b) It is a woman's voice.
(c) It is a man's voice.
(d) It is a threatening call made on a tape recorder.
11. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That it must have come from outside the motel.
(b) That she must have been imagining it all.
(c) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
(d) That it must have been made within the motel.
12. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) His hands are shaking a lot.
(b) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
(c) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
(d) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
13. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
14. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a veterinarian.
(c) He was a pharmacist.
(d) He was a store owner.
15. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(b) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
(c) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
(d) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
2. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
3. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
4. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)