|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Reverend Haws.
(c) Joseph Dunne.
(d) Dwight Shales.
2. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
(a) She punches the woman in the jaw.
(b) She kicks the woman in the shin.
(c) She pulls her hair.
(d) She pushes her down and sits on her.
3. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
4. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(c) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
(d) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
5. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
(a) Read a magazine.
(b) Snoop around.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Phone Bailey Fowler.
6. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
7. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) Bailey's body.
(b) A gun.
(c) Shana's body.
(d) A stash of cash.
8. What does Kinsey's dinner companion tell her as they eat at the restaurant?
(a) That he wanted to become a private investigator.
(b) That he wanted to ask Kinsey out.
(c) That he hated the town and wanted to leave.
(d) That his wife had been sick for years and had died of multiple sclerosis.
9. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) Shana still goes there occasionally.
(b) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(c) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(d) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
10. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
(a) He says that Jean and Bailey arrived at the beach at midnight.
(b) That Jean had gone home well before midnight.
(c) That she gave him a ride home.
(d) That he saw Jean with Tap Granger.
11. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
(a) A copy of Jean's arrest record.
(b) A copy of Jean's marriage license.
(c) A copy of Jean's birth certificate.
(d) A copy of Jean's adoption record.
12. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. Shana is not home but what does Kinsey find outside?
(a) The card she saw on her last visit.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A scrap of paper.
(d) Shana's datebook.
13. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
(a) At the diner with Dwight.
(b) In Dwight's car.
(c) At Dwight's house.
(d) At the pool hall with Dwight.
14. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(b) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) Mail addressed to Shana.
15. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The motel's night manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ori allergic to?
2. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
3. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
4. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
5. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)