|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
(a) That she gave him a ride home.
(b) That Jean had gone home well before midnight.
(c) He says that Jean and Bailey arrived at the beach at midnight.
(d) That he saw Jean with Tap Granger.
2. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(b) Because she had run out of other ideas.
(c) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
(d) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(b) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
(c) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(d) He said it was Bailey's child.
4. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eleven thirty.
5. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) She was failing every subject.
(b) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
(c) Her attendance was poor.
(d) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
6. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
(a) Read a magazine.
(b) Phone Bailey Fowler.
(c) Snoop around.
(d) Take a nap.
7. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean?
(a) If she knew who Jean's father was.
(b) What Jean had told her about Bailey.
(c) What she counseled the girl about in high school.
(d) If she knew who the father of her baby was.
8. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
(a) That he was Jean's father.
(b) That Elva was not his wife; he was secretly married to Shana.
(c) That he was Shana's father.
(d) That he paid Tap Granger to spring Bailey from the courthouse.
9. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(b) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(c) That only she and Royce knew about it.
(d) A lot of people knew about it.
10. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(b) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(c) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(d) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
11. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
(b) Shana still goes there occasionally.
(c) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(d) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
12. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
13. What were the names of the staff members that Jean saw a lot of in her last year of school?
(a) Dwight Shales and Ann Fowler.
(b) Curtis Pearl and Henry Pitts.
(c) John Clemson and Joleen Granger.
(d) Sarah Brunswick and Elva Dunne.
14. Who shows up at the restaurant where Kinsey is having dinner? Why is this individual angry?
(a) Ann Fowler. Kinsey didn't tell her she was not eating at the motel.
(b) Ann Fowler. She accused Kinsey of stealing money.
(c) Shana Timberlake. She hates Kinsey's dinner companion.
(d) Shana Timberlake. She says Kinsey is trying to steal her man.
15. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(b) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(c) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
2. What does Kinsey's dinner companion tell her as they eat at the restaurant?
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
4. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
5. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)