|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He becomes very concerned and bandages her up.
(c) He tosses her some bandages and tells her to leave.
(d) He calls a taxi for her.
2. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(b) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(c) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(d) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
3. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
(a) He says, "Good riddance".
(b) He seems genuinely surprised.
(c) He tears up and expresses grief.
(d) He laughs.
4. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
(a) Jerry Lee Haws.
(b) Shana Timberlake.
(c) Ann Fowler.
(d) Curtis Pearl.
5. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Mail addressed to Shana.
(b) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
6. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
(a) A copy of Jean's marriage license.
(b) A copy of Jean's birth certificate.
(c) A copy of Jean's adoption record.
(d) A copy of Jean's arrest record.
7. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
(b) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
(c) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
(d) If he was the father of Jean's child.
8. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(b) She is shocked into silence.
(c) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(d) She is cold and indifferent.
9. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(b) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
(c) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
(d) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
10. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(b) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
(c) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(d) That Bailey wants to surrender.
11. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
(b) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
(c) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(d) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
12. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a pharmacist.
(c) He was a veterinarian.
(d) He was a store owner.
13. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
(a) He had won the money in a bet.
(b) He had a winning lottery ticket.
(c) He inherited it from his uncle.
(d) He had made some good investments.
14. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
15. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
2. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
3. While Kinsey is checking out particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property, who confronts her with a flashlight?
4. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
5. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)