|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(b) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(c) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
2. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
(b) They all hated each other.
(c) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(d) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
3. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
(b) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
(c) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
(d) If he was the father of Jean's child.
4. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He calls a taxi for her.
(c) He becomes very concerned and bandages her up.
(d) He tosses her some bandages and tells her to leave.
5. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
6. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
7. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
(b) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
(c) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(d) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
8. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) She was failing every subject.
(b) Her attendance was poor.
(c) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(d) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
9. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori has a heart attack.
(b) Ori slips into a coma.
(c) Ori begins to convulse.
(d) Ori vomits profusely,
10. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
(a) Check out the hot tubs that were scattered around the property.
(b) Check out the swimming pool's changing cabins.
(c) Check out the miniature golf ornaments on the property.
(d) Check out the bird houses and bird baths.
11. While Kinsey is checking out particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property, who confronts her with a flashlight?
(a) Elva Dunne.
(b) Detective Quintana.
(c) Dr. Dunne.
(d) Bailey Fowler.
12. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
(a) A metal bar.
(b) A tennis racket.
(c) A yoga mat.
(d) A golf club.
13. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
(a) He breaks down and sobs.
(b) He claims he didn't have anything to do with it.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He begs Kinsey not to tell anyone he called.
14. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Goes for a drive a lone.
15. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(b) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
(c) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(d) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
2. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
3. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
4. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
5. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)