|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
(a) It is a woman's voice.
(b) It is a long distance call.
(c) It is a threatening call made on a tape recorder.
(d) It is a man's voice.
2. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That it must have been made within the motel.
(b) That it must have come from outside the motel.
(c) That she must have been imagining it all.
(d) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
3. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That it was not working at all.
(b) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(c) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
(d) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
4. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
5. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
(a) He begs Kinsey not to tell anyone he called.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He claims he didn't have anything to do with it.
(d) He breaks down and sobs.
6. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(d) Rev. Haws.
7. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
(a) The vice-principal and the guidance counselor.
(b) The principal and the nurse.
(c) The vice-principal and the nurse.
(d) The principal and the guidance counselor.
8. What does Tap Granger's widow tell Kinsey about the gun he had at the courthouse?
(a) It did not work.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) It was not his gun.
(d) He'd had it since he was ten years old.
9. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
(a) Shana's maiden name.
(b) The name of Jean's father.
(c) That Shana adopted Jean.
(d) The name of the doctor who delivered Jean.
10. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(c) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(d) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
11. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
(a) Dennis Shales.
(b) Darren Montgomery.
(c) John Clemson.
(d) Jeremy Haws.
12. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
(a) At the diner with Dwight.
(b) In Dwight's car.
(c) At Dwight's house.
(d) At the pool hall with Dwight.
13. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) A stash of cash.
(b) Shana's body.
(c) A gun.
(d) Bailey's body.
14. While Kinsey is checking out particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property, who confronts her with a flashlight?
(a) Detective Quintana.
(b) Dr. Dunne.
(c) Bailey Fowler.
(d) Elva Dunne.
15. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
(a) That Royce Fowler had just died.
(b) Who the father of Jean's baby really was.
(c) That Tap Granger had been paid by someone to free Bailey.
(d) What some of the local people would do if they found Bailey on their property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
2. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
3. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
4. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
5. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)