|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(b) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
(c) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(d) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
2. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
(b) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(c) Shana still goes there occasionally.
(d) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
3. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
(a) She pushes her down and sits on her.
(b) She pulls her hair.
(c) She kicks the woman in the shin.
(d) She punches the woman in the jaw.
4. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori slips into a coma.
(b) Ori vomits profusely,
(c) Ori begins to convulse.
(d) Ori has a heart attack.
5. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
6. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Dwight Shales.
(b) Jack Clemson.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Joseph Dunne.
7. The man who had headed the group Jean joined laughs at Kinsey's idea that Jean might have been interested in him. Why is this?
(a) He says Jean was only liked attractive guys - he has a large scar on his face.
(b) He was dating her best friend at the time.
(c) He was of a different religion.
(d) He says she was only interested in athletes and he had no talent for sports.
8. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
(a) Detective Quintana.
(c) The housekeeper.
9. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Mail addressed to Shana.
(b) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
10. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
(a) Check out the hot tubs that were scattered around the property.
(b) Check out the bird houses and bird baths.
(c) Check out the miniature golf ornaments on the property.
(d) Check out the swimming pool's changing cabins.
11. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
(a) Ori and Ann were arguing.
(b) She is made to feel unwelcome.
(c) She left her purse at the spa and went back.
(d) The motel was on fire.
12. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
(b) That it must have been made within the motel.
(c) That she must have been imagining it all.
(d) That it must have come from outside the motel.
13. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Goes for a drive a lone.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
14. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(b) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
(c) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(d) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
15. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A camera.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tennis racket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the restaurant where Kinsey is having dinner? Why is this individual angry?
2. What were the names of the staff members that Jean saw a lot of in her last year of school?
3. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
4. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
5. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)