|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kinsey is checking out particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property, who confronts her with a flashlight?
(a) Detective Quintana.
(b) Bailey Fowler.
(c) Elva Dunne.
(d) Dr. Dunne.
2. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
(a) He inherited it from his uncle.
(b) He had a winning lottery ticket.
(c) He had won the money in a bet.
(d) He had made some good investments.
3. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If he was the father of Jean's child.
(b) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
(c) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
(d) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
4. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(c) Eleven thirty.
(d) Ten o'clock.
5. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(b) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(c) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(d) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
6. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A golf club.
(c) A yoga mat.
(d) A metal bar.
7. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) A reference to Jean's baptism.
(b) A phone number marked "Urgent".
(c) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
(d) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
8. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
(b) That it must have been made within the motel.
(c) That she must have been imagining it all.
(d) That it must have come from outside the motel.
9. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
(a) Jean had joined a political group.
(b) Jean had joined a choir group.
(c) Jean had joined a fund-raising group.
(d) Jean had joined the Baptist Church youth group.
10. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
(b) She remembers she left her purse there.
(c) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(d) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
11. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) A stash of cash.
(b) Bailey's body.
(c) Shana's body.
(d) A gun.
12. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
(b) Her attendance was poor.
(c) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(d) She was failing every subject.
13. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
(a) That Shana adopted Jean.
(b) The name of the doctor who delivered Jean.
(c) The name of Jean's father.
(d) Shana's maiden name.
14. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
(a) She thought she was being ambushed.
(b) She thought she might be under surveillance.
(c) She thought she might find a dead body nearby.
(d) She thought her life might be threatened.
15. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Ignores her and start talking to her dinner companion.
(c) Threatens her with physical harm.
(d) Screams obscenities at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
2. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
3. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
4. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
5. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)