|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a drive a lone.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(d) Goes for a run.
2. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori begins to convulse.
(b) Ori vomits profusely,
(c) Ori has a heart attack.
(d) Ori slips into a coma.
3. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) Shana's body.
(b) Bailey's body.
(c) A stash of cash.
(d) A gun.
4. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(b) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(c) Mail addressed to Shana.
(d) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
5. What does Tap Granger's widow tell Kinsey about the gun he had at the courthouse?
(a) It was not his gun.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) It did not work.
(d) He'd had it since he was ten years old.
6. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(b) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
(c) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
(d) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
7. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
(a) The principal and the guidance counselor.
(b) The vice-principal and the guidance counselor.
(c) The principal and the nurse.
(d) The vice-principal and the nurse.
8. What do Rick and Kinsey talk about at the pool hall?
(a) The sorry state of his marriage.
(b) Their cars.
(c) Where Bailey is hiding.
(d) His account of the night Jean died.
9. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(c) Eleven thirty.
(d) Ten o'clock.
10. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
(a) The name of the doctor who delivered Jean.
(b) That Shana adopted Jean.
(c) The name of Jean's father.
(d) Shana's maiden name.
11. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
12. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) Her attendance was poor.
(b) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(c) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
(d) She was failing every subject.
13. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Detective Quintana.
14. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(b) Rev. Haws.
15. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
(a) He tosses her some bandages and tells her to leave.
(b) He calls a taxi for her.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He becomes very concerned and bandages her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
2. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
3. Who shows up at the restaurant where Kinsey is having dinner? Why is this individual angry?
4. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
5. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)