|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
(a) Jean had told Ann that Bailey was the father of her child.
(b) Jean had told Ann that she was not in love with Bailey.
(c) Jean only complained about him a bit because Ann was his sister.
(d) Jean had never talked to Ann about Bailey.
2. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He got off work early that night.
(b) He looked at his watch.
(c) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(d) He got off work at midnight that night.
3. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A gun.
(b) A camera.
(c) A tennis racket.
(d) A knife.
4. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) A reference to Jean's baptism.
(b) A phone number marked "Urgent".
(c) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
(d) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
5. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
(b) His hands are shaking a lot.
(c) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
(d) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
6. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Reverend Haws.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Joseph Dunne.
(d) Jack Clemson.
7. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
(a) The name of the doctor who delivered Jean.
(b) The name of Jean's father.
(c) That Shana adopted Jean.
(d) Shana's maiden name.
8. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
(c) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(d) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
9. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
(a) Ori and Ann were arguing.
(b) She is made to feel unwelcome.
(c) She left her purse at the spa and went back.
(d) The motel was on fire.
10. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) Her attendance was poor.
(b) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
(c) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(d) She was failing every subject.
11. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
(b) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
(c) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(d) They all hated each other.
12. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
(a) He says, "Good riddance".
(b) He laughs.
(c) He seems genuinely surprised.
(d) He tears up and expresses grief.
13. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
(a) A yoga mat.
(b) A tennis racket.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A metal bar.
14. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a drive a lone.
(b) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Goes for a run.
15. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(b) She remembers she left her purse there.
(c) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
(d) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
2. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
3. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
4. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
5. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)