|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) A lot of people knew about it.
(b) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(c) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(d) That only she and Royce knew about it.
2. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
(a) That he was having an affair with Tap Granger's widow.
(b) That he got permission for her to look at Jean Timberlake's school records.
(c) That she better stay out of the investigation.
(d) That Tap had owed him a lot of money.
3. The man who had headed the group Jean joined laughs at Kinsey's idea that Jean might have been interested in him. Why is this?
(a) He says Jean was only liked attractive guys - he has a large scar on his face.
(b) He was of a different religion.
(c) He was dating her best friend at the time.
(d) He says she was only interested in athletes and he had no talent for sports.
4. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
(a) That Royce Fowler had just died.
(b) What some of the local people would do if they found Bailey on their property.
(c) Who the father of Jean's baby really was.
(d) That Tap Granger had been paid by someone to free Bailey.
5. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
(a) That he was Shana's father.
(b) That Elva was not his wife; he was secretly married to Shana.
(c) That he paid Tap Granger to spring Bailey from the courthouse.
(d) That he was Jean's father.
6. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(b) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(c) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
7. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
(b) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(c) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(d) That Bailey wants to surrender.
8. What does Kinsey find inside a small storage compartment of mechanical equipment on the spa property?
(a) Bailey's body.
(b) A gun.
(c) A stash of cash.
(d) Shana's body.
9. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
(b) His hands are shaking a lot.
(c) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
(d) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
10. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A camera.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A tennis racket.
11. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a pharmacist.
(c) He was a store owner.
(d) He was a veterinarian.
12. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
(b) She remembers she left her purse there.
(c) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(d) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
13. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
(a) At the diner with Dwight.
(b) At the pool hall with Dwight.
(c) In Dwight's car.
(d) At Dwight's house.
14. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Kinsey wants to ask Shana where Bailey is.
(b) She thinks Shana has vital information that will help the case.
(c) Shana has left several messages asking to speak to Kinsey.
(d) Kinsey has heard someone wants to kill Shana.
15. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(c) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(d) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
2. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
3. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
4. What was Ori allergic to?
5. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)