|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rick and Kinsey talk about at the pool hall?
(a) Where Bailey is hiding.
(b) Their cars.
(c) His account of the night Jean died.
(d) The sorry state of his marriage.
2. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
(a) She is cold and indifferent.
(b) She cries about giving her a shot that killed Ori.
(c) She is angry and swearing a lot.
(d) She is shocked into silence.
3. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
(a) She thought her life might be threatened.
(b) She thought she was being ambushed.
(c) She thought she might be under surveillance.
(d) She thought she might find a dead body nearby.
4. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
(a) That Bailey Fowler was in police custody.
(b) That it was time for Kinsey to turn herself in.
(c) That Bailey is on the property and the police had been called.
(d) To get out of the area before she got herself killed.
5. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Jack Clemson.
(b) Joseph Dunne.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Dwight Shales.
6. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
(a) He calls a taxi for her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He tosses her some bandages and tells her to leave.
(d) He becomes very concerned and bandages her up.
7. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
(b) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
(c) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(d) Because she had run out of other ideas.
8. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
(a) He tears up and expresses grief.
(b) He says, "Good riddance".
(c) He seems genuinely surprised.
(d) He laughs.
9. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(b) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(c) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
(d) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
10. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
11. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
(a) It is the closest building to Shana's apartment.
(b) She needs to clarify a religious question.
(c) She believes the information in it points to something found at the church.
(d) She needs to use a washroom.
12. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
(a) She pushes her down and sits on her.
(b) She pulls her hair.
(c) She punches the woman in the jaw.
(d) She kicks the woman in the shin.
13. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) That she was in love with him.
(b) That she wanted to work there permanently.
(c) That she had come to him asking for an abortion.
(d) That she was very lazy and incompetent.
14. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven o'clock.
(b) Eleven thirty.
(c) Ten o'clock.
15. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
(a) In Dwight's car.
(b) At the pool hall with Dwight.
(c) At Dwight's house.
(d) At the diner with Dwight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
2. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
3. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
4. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
5. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)