|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean?
(a) If she knew who Jean's father was.
(b) If she knew who the father of her baby was.
(c) What Jean had told her about Bailey.
(d) What she counseled the girl about in high school.
2. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
(b) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
(c) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
(d) His hands are shaking a lot.
3. Dwight Shales drives Kinsey back to the motel after she visits with Tap Granger's widow. Who wants Kinsey to visit him, according to Ann?
(b) Rev. Haws.
4. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The high school principal.
(b) The gas station owner.
(c) The pharmacist.
(d) The dentist.
5. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(b) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
(c) She remembers she left her purse there.
(d) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
6. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(b) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
(c) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
(d) They all hated each other.
7. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
(a) Check out the hot tubs that were scattered around the property.
(b) Check out the swimming pool's changing cabins.
(c) Check out the miniature golf ornaments on the property.
(d) Check out the bird houses and bird baths.
8. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
(a) That Tap had owed him a lot of money.
(b) That he got permission for her to look at Jean Timberlake's school records.
(c) That he was having an affair with Tap Granger's widow.
(d) That she better stay out of the investigation.
9. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) That she was in love with him.
(b) That she was very lazy and incompetent.
(c) That she wanted to work there permanently.
(d) That she had come to him asking for an abortion.
10. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
(a) That Bailey wants to surrender.
(b) That Mrs. Haws has been sheltering Bailey in the church.
(c) That Bailey is in Los Angeles.
(d) That Ori will leaves everything to Bailey.
11. Kinsey heads back to the motel after visiting the spa where she was attacked. Why does she not hang around the motel for long?
(a) The motel was on fire.
(b) Ori and Ann were arguing.
(c) She left her purse at the spa and went back.
(d) She is made to feel unwelcome.
12. What does Tap Granger's widow tell Kinsey about the gun he had at the courthouse?
(a) It was illegal.
(b) He'd had it since he was ten years old.
(c) It did not work.
(d) It was not his gun.
13. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
(b) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(c) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
(d) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
14. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(b) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
(c) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
(d) That it was not working at all.
15. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
(b) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
(c) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(d) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor's wife that attacks Kinsey injures her arm. How does Kinsey retaliate?
2. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
3. Why is Kinsey so anxious to get hold of Shana Timberlake on the phone at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
5. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)