|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(b) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
(c) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
(d) That it was not working at all.
2. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(b) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(c) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(d) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
3. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
(b) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
(c) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(d) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
4. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The motel's night manager.
5. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Joseph Dunne.
(b) Dwight Shales.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Jack Clemson.
6. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
(a) It is a man's voice.
(b) It is a threatening call made on a tape recorder.
(c) It is a woman's voice.
(d) It is a long distance call.
7. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(b) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(c) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
8. After Ori's death, Kinsey goes to Shana's apartment. Shana is not home but what does Kinsey find outside?
(a) A scrap of paper.
(b) Shana's datebook.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) The card she saw on her last visit.
9. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
(a) Dr. Poletti.
(b) Dr. Dunne's.
(c) Dr. Pearl.
(d) Dr. Hakim.
10. After investigating what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property what does Kinsey decide to do?
(a) Check out the swimming pool's changing cabins.
(b) Check out the miniature golf ornaments on the property.
(c) Check out the hot tubs that were scattered around the property.
(d) Check out the bird houses and bird baths.
11. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
(a) She needs to use a washroom.
(b) It is the closest building to Shana's apartment.
(c) She needs to clarify a religious question.
(d) She believes the information in it points to something found at the church.
12. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) That only she and Royce knew about it.
(b) A lot of people knew about it.
(c) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(d) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
13. Why did she decide to look at particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property?
(a) Because they made her think of something Shana had mentioned.
(b) Because their names pointed to an earlier clue Kinsey had found.
(c) Because she thought they would make good hiding places.
(d) Because she had run out of other ideas.
14. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
(a) A copy of Jean's birth certificate.
(b) A copy of Jean's adoption record.
(c) A copy of Jean's arrest record.
(d) A copy of Jean's marriage license.
15. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The high school principal.
(c) The pharmacist.
(d) The gas station owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
2. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
3. What do Rick and Kinsey talk about at the pool hall?
4. What does Ann tell Kinsey that Jean had told her about Jean's relationship with Bailey?
5. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)