|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(b) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
(c) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(d) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
2. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
(a) He was a lawyer.
(b) He was a pharmacist.
(c) He was a store owner.
(d) He was a veterinarian.
3. At the end of Chapter 24, Kinsey talks to Ann. Why does Kinsey feel she better get back to the motel as soon as possible?
(a) She remembers she left her purse there.
(b) Ann is hysterical with grief.
(c) Ann's behavior and what she said raise Kinsey's suspicions.
(d) Royce has taken a turn for the worse.
4. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A camera.
(d) A tennis racket.
5. What does Kinsey learn from the document she obtains at the courthouse?
(a) Shana's maiden name.
(b) That Shana adopted Jean.
(c) The name of Jean's father.
(d) The name of the doctor who delivered Jean.
6. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
(a) Mail addressed to Shana.
(b) Clothing in the style of seventeen years earlier.
(c) A crate full of empty liquor bottles.
(d) A stairway behind the apartment that leads up to a road above.
7. Who does Kinsey ask about the phone call?
(a) The motel's night manager.
(d) The housekeeper.
8. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
(a) He is sweating a lot and his eyes are shifty.
(b) He drinks three alcoholic drinks very quickly.
(c) He is talking too casually and trying too hard to be "normal".
(d) His hands are shaking a lot.
9. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
(a) Dr. Dunne's.
(b) Dr. Hakim.
(c) Dr. Pearl.
(d) Dr. Poletti.
10. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a drive a lone.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
11. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
(a) She thought she might find a dead body nearby.
(b) She thought her life might be threatened.
(c) She thought she was being ambushed.
(d) She thought she might be under surveillance.
12. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
(a) Jean had joined the Baptist Church youth group.
(b) Jean had joined a choir group.
(c) Jean had joined a political group.
(d) Jean had joined a fund-raising group.
13. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
(a) A metal bar.
(b) A golf club.
(c) A tennis racket.
(d) A yoga mat.
14. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
(b) A reference to Jean's baptism.
(c) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
(d) A phone number marked "Urgent".
15. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Dwight Shales.
(b) Joseph Dunne.
(c) Reverend Haws.
(d) Jack Clemson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
2. After visiting the man who headed the youth group, Kinsey goes to the courthouse. What does she get there?
3. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
4. What does the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property tell her?
5. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)