|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kinsey do in the doctor's office while he is in the shower?
(a) Phone Bailey Fowler.
(b) Snoop around.
(c) Read a magazine.
(d) Take a nap.
2. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
(a) He claims he didn't have anything to do with it.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He breaks down and sobs.
(d) He begs Kinsey not to tell anyone he called.
3. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
(a) She thought she might find a dead body nearby.
(b) She thought she might be under surveillance.
(c) She thought she was being ambushed.
(d) She thought her life might be threatened.
4. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
(a) That it was not a good place to bring up a teenager.
(b) The place badly needs cleaning and renovating.
(c) That Jean used to meet boyfriends there.
(d) Shana still goes there occasionally.
5. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
(c) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(d) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
6. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
(a) That he was Jean's father.
(b) That he paid Tap Granger to spring Bailey from the courthouse.
(c) That Elva was not his wife; he was secretly married to Shana.
(d) That he was Shana's father.
7. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He got off work early that night.
(b) He looked at his watch.
(c) He got off work at midnight that night.
(d) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
8. Dwight Shales shows up at Tap Granger's widow's house. What does he tell Kinsey?
(a) That he was having an affair with Tap Granger's widow.
(b) That Tap had owed him a lot of money.
(c) That he got permission for her to look at Jean Timberlake's school records.
(d) That she better stay out of the investigation.
9. What does Tap Granger's widow tell Kinsey about the gun he had at the courthouse?
(a) It was not his gun.
(b) It did not work.
(c) He'd had it since he was ten years old.
(d) It was illegal.
10. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
(a) He was a pharmacist.
(b) He was a store owner.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a veterinarian.
11. What does the doctor at the spa tell Kinsey about Jean?
(a) That she was in love with him.
(b) That she had come to him asking for an abortion.
(c) That she wanted to work there permanently.
(d) That she was very lazy and incompetent.
12. What does Ann tell Kinsey about Jean's relationship with Bailey's parents?
(a) They all hated each other.
(b) She liked Bailey's parents but they didn't like her.
(c) Jean had never met Bailey's parents.
(d) That they got along and they were very fond of Jean.
13. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The high school principal.
(b) The pharmacist.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The gas station owner.
14. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
(a) Jean had joined a fund-raising group.
(b) Jean had joined a political group.
(c) Jean had joined a choir group.
(d) Jean had joined the Baptist Church youth group.
15. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
(b) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
(c) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(d) That it was not working at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
2. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
3. What does Rick specifically tell Kinsey about Jean's last night?
4. Having no success at the Baptist Church, Kinsey heads to the apartment where the Timberlakes lived when Jean died. What does she notice there?
5. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)