|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
(a) They are ignoring it.
(b) They are taking sides against Bailey Fowler.
(c) They are covering it extensively.
(d) They are selling sensational stories to the big city papers.
2. Who speculated that Ori's insulin had been replaced by something she was allergic to?
(a) Detective Quintana.
(d) The housekeeper.
3. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
(a) The gas station owner.
(b) The pharmacist.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The high school principal.
4. What was the person who confronted Kinsey on the spa property holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tennis racket.
(c) A gun.
(d) A camera.
5. Kinsey decides to leave Ori and her housekeeper to their gossip about Bailey and visit Tap Granger's widow. What is her name?
6. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori begins to convulse.
(b) Ori vomits profusely,
(c) Ori slips into a coma.
(d) Ori has a heart attack.
7. Who shows up at the restaurant where Kinsey is having dinner? Why is this individual angry?
(a) Shana Timberlake. She says Kinsey is trying to steal her man.
(b) Ann Fowler. Kinsey didn't tell her she was not eating at the motel.
(c) Shana Timberlake. She hates Kinsey's dinner companion.
(d) Ann Fowler. She accused Kinsey of stealing money.
8. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
9. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean?
(a) What she counseled the girl about in high school.
(b) If she knew who Jean's father was.
(c) What Jean had told her about Bailey.
(d) If she knew who the father of her baby was.
10. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
(a) She needs to use a washroom.
(b) She believes the information in it points to something found at the church.
(c) She needs to clarify a religious question.
(d) It is the closest building to Shana's apartment.
11. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
(c) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(d) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
12. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
(b) If he was the father of Jean's child.
(c) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
(d) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
13. What is Dr. Dunne's reaction to the news of Ori's death?
(a) He seems genuinely surprised.
(b) He tears up and expresses grief.
(c) He says, "Good riddance".
(d) He laughs.
14. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Eleven thirty.
15. What were the names of the staff members that Jean saw a lot of in her last year of school?
(a) Curtis Pearl and Henry Pitts.
(b) John Clemson and Joleen Granger.
(c) Sarah Brunswick and Elva Dunne.
(d) Dwight Shales and Ann Fowler.
Short Answer Questions
1. After badgering him about Jean, what does Dwight Shales admit?
2. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
3. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
4. When Kinsey returns to the motel after her confrontation with Dr. Dunne, she has a call from Jack Clemson. What news does he have for her?
5. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)