|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean joined a certain group just before she died because she was interested in the boy who headed it. Who was he?
(a) Jeremy Haws.
(b) Dennis Shales.
(c) Darren Montgomery.
(d) John Clemson.
2. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
(a) If the doctor still had Jean Timberlake's medical records.
(b) If he was the father of Jean's child.
(c) If Dr. Dunne's medical credentials are real.
(d) What the rates are for using the spa for one visit.
3. What does Dr. Dunne say about the father of Jean's unborn child?
(a) He said it was Bailey's child.
(b) He had kept quiet about it because he didn't want to ruin the father's career.
(c) He says he knows who it was but he will not tell Kinsey.
(d) He said that she was lying about the pregnancy.
4. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(b) A lot of people knew about it.
(c) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(d) That only she and Royce knew about it.
5. Kinsey was was not happy about what she found on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' property. Why?
(a) She thought she was being ambushed.
(b) She thought she might find a dead body nearby.
(c) She thought her life might be threatened.
(d) She thought she might be under surveillance.
6. Why is Kinsey eager to get away from Ann and Ori at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Ann was about to give Ori an injection.
(b) Kinsey was bored being around them.
(c) Ann and Ori were arguing loudly.
(d) Ann and Ori were asking Kinsey very personal questions.
7. Kinsey goes back to her motel after running into Rick's wife. A phone call wakes her up in the middle of the night. What does Kinsey realize about the call?
(a) It is a woman's voice.
(b) It is a long distance call.
(c) It is a threatening call made on a tape recorder.
(d) It is a man's voice.
8. Tap Granger's widow tells Kinsey that he had recently come into some money. How did she say he got the money?
(a) He had a winning lottery ticket.
(b) He had won the money in a bet.
(c) He had made some good investments.
(d) He inherited it from his uncle.
9. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(c) Goes for a drive a lone.
(d) Goes for a run.
10. After the doctor finishes his shower, how does he respond to Kinsey's questions about Jean Timberlake?
(a) He swears at her and tells her to leave.
(b) He tells her he will not answer on grounds of confidentiality.
(c) He is willing to tell her anything she wants to know.
(d) He says he has Alzheimer's and can't remember Jean.
11. Kinsey ends up at the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs Hotel's property soon after her phone call with Jack Clemson. What does she find there?
(a) Bailey Fowler hiding in an old shack.
(b) Dwight Shales in his car.
(c) Shana Timberlake's car.
(d) Curtis and Rick Pearl in their pickup truck.
12. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
(b) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(c) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(d) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
13. The man who had headed the group Jean joined laughs at Kinsey's idea that Jean might have been interested in him. Why is this?
(a) He was dating her best friend at the time.
(b) He says Jean was only liked attractive guys - he has a large scar on his face.
(c) He says she was only interested in athletes and he had no talent for sports.
(d) He was of a different religion.
14. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(b) Eleven thirty.
(c) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
15. After looking at Jean's school records, what does Kinsey learn about the girl from the principal?
(a) Jean had joined the Baptist Church youth group.
(b) Jean had joined a fund-raising group.
(c) Jean had joined a choir group.
(d) Jean had joined a political group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
2. Kinsey decides to visit the man who had headed the group Jean belonged to. What was his position in town?
3. Why does Kinsey start to feel uneasy about Dwight when they are talking?
4. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
5. Why does Kinsey go to the Baptist Church after she finds the item outside Shana's apartment?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)