|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor's wife attacks Kinsey at the spa. What does she attack her with?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A golf club.
(c) A yoga mat.
(d) A metal bar.
2. The man who headed the youth group tells Kinsey that Jean was involved with a married man. Who was it?
(a) Joseph Dunne.
(b) Reverend Haws.
(c) Dwight Shales.
(d) Jack Clemson.
3. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He looked at his watch.
(b) He got off work early that night.
(c) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(d) He got off work at midnight that night.
4. What does the person that Kinsey asked about the phone call tell her about the phone system at the motel?
(a) That the switchboard was turned off at ten.
(b) That it did not work for phones within the motel.
(c) That it was not working at all.
(d) That the phone in KInsey's room was not part of the motel's phone system.
5. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(b) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
(c) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(d) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
6. Kinsey does not find the person she is looking for at the pool hall. She end ups talking to Rick Pearl and his wife. What was his wife's name?
7. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
(a) What some of the local people would do if they found Bailey on their property.
(b) That Tap Granger had been paid by someone to free Bailey.
(c) Who the father of Jean's baby really was.
(d) That Royce Fowler had just died.
8. What information is in the item that Kinsey finds outside Shana's apartment?
(a) Someone has written a meeting time and place.
(b) An address for a Floral Beach married man.
(c) A phone number marked "Urgent".
(d) A reference to Jean's baptism.
9. Kinsey asked Ann who knew about Ori's allergy. What did Ann respond?
(a) That only she and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(b) That only the family and Ori's doctor knew about it.
(c) A lot of people knew about it.
(d) That only she and Royce knew about it.
10. The morning after the threatening phone call, what does Kinsey ask Ann in regards to Jean?
(a) What she counseled the girl about in high school.
(b) If she knew who the father of her baby was.
(c) What Jean had told her about Bailey.
(d) If she knew who Jean's father was.
11. What does the angry person do to Kinsey after showing up at the restaurant?
(a) Ignores her and start talking to her dinner companion.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Screams obscenities at her.
(d) Threatens her with physical harm.
12. What does Kinsey realize about the threatening phone call after she is told about the motel's phone system?
(a) That it must have been made within the motel.
(b) That everyone in the motel has been lying to her.
(c) That she must have been imagining it all.
(d) That it must have come from outside the motel.
13. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
(a) Eleven thirty.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Eleven o'clock.
14. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori vomits profusely,
(b) Ori has a heart attack.
(c) Ori begins to convulse.
(d) Ori slips into a coma.
15. What staff members did Jean see a lot of during her last year of school?
(a) The vice-principal and the guidance counselor.
(b) The principal and the guidance counselor.
(c) The vice-principal and the nurse.
(d) The principal and the nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is on Kinsey's mind as she heads to the Eucalyptus Springs spa?
2. Kinsey leaves the restaurant and her dinner companion behind and heads to the pool hall. Who does she hope to see there?
3. Bailey calls Kinsey shortly after Ori's death. What is his reaction to the news?
4. What does Dr. Dunne admit to Kinsey after she hounds him about it?
5. Kinsey manages to get away from the person confronting her on the spa property. She runs up the fire road and up a hill. Where does she end up?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)