|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tap Granger's widow tell Kinsey about the gun he had at the courthouse?
(a) It was not his gun.
(b) It did not work.
(c) He'd had it since he was ten years old.
(d) It was illegal.
2. What happens soon after Kinsey makes her phone calls to Shana and Dr. Dunne?
(a) Ori vomits profusely,
(b) Ori slips into a coma.
(c) Ori has a heart attack.
(d) Ori begins to convulse.
3. How is the local newspaper reacting to the Bailey Fowler/Jean Timberlake case?
(a) They are taking sides against Bailey Fowler.
(b) They are selling sensational stories to the big city papers.
(c) They are covering it extensively.
(d) They are ignoring it.
4. What does Kinsey overhear at the local diner the morning after her threatening phone call?
(a) What some of the local people would do if they found Bailey on their property.
(b) That Tap Granger had been paid by someone to free Bailey.
(c) Who the father of Jean's baby really was.
(d) That Royce Fowler had just died.
5. Rick's wife leaves the pool hall as they are talking and Kinsey runs into her when she returns to the motel. What does she tell Kinsey?
(a) That Rick was telling the truth about when he saw Bailey and Jean.
(b) That Kinsey better leave town or she'd be sorry.
(c) That Curtis Pearl had threatened to kill his son if he told the truth.
(d) That Rick was lying about what time he'd seen Bailey and Jean the night she died.
6. Why is Rick so sure of the time he saw Bailey and Jean the night Jean died?
(a) He got off work at midnight that night.
(b) He had been keeping his grandmother company and was on his way home.
(c) He got off work early that night.
(d) He looked at his watch.
7. When Kinsey goes through Jean's old high school records, what does she notice about the girl?
(a) She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office.
(b) She had good grades and perfect attendance.
(c) She was failing every subject.
(d) Her attendance was poor.
8. The doctor at the spa calls his wife into his office after Kinsey begins asking questions. What is her name?
9. How does the doctor react to Kinsey's injuries that his wife inflicted on her?
(a) He tosses her some bandages and tells her to leave.
(b) He calls a taxi for her.
(c) He becomes very concerned and bandages her up.
(d) He laughs at her.
10. Kinsey has no success tracking Shana at the church or the old apartment. She now goes to talk to Dr. Dunne. What does he admit to?
(a) Stealing Bailey's robbery money to finance the hotel.
(b) Knowing more about Jean's death than he will ever tell.
(c) Having had an affair with Shana in the past.
(d) Lying about his wife's mental illness.
11. What does Kinsey do after getting off the phone with Jack Clemson?
(a) Goes for a drive a lone.
(b) Goes for a drive with Dwight Shales.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Goes for a run.
12. While Kinsey is checking out particular items on the Eucalyptus Mineral Springs' spa property, who confronts her with a flashlight?
(a) Bailey Fowler.
(b) Detective Quintana.
(c) Dr. Dunne.
(d) Elva Dunne.
13. Kinsey heads for the spa after she is finished looking at the courthouse document. Whose office does she go to?
(a) Dr. Dunne's.
(b) Dr. Poletti.
(c) Dr. Pearl.
(d) Dr. Hakim.
14. What were the names of the staff members that Jean saw a lot of in her last year of school?
(a) John Clemson and Joleen Granger.
(b) Sarah Brunswick and Elva Dunne.
(c) Dwight Shales and Ann Fowler.
(d) Curtis Pearl and Henry Pitts.
15. What does Kinsey overhear from Ori and her housekeeper the morning Ann goes to visit Royce in the hospital?
(a) That Royce has over a million dollars in the bank.
(b) That people are out looking for Bailey,
(c) That Ori is convinced Royce doesn't really have cancer.
(d) That people are buying guns and chain-fences to protect themselves from Bailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kinsey's thoughts about what she sees at the Timberlake's old apartment building?
2. What time had Bailey told Kinsey that he'd been on the beach with Jean the night she died?
3. What is Ann's reaction to her mother's death?
4. The night she was attacked at the spa, Kinsey goes to a local restaurant to eat. Who does she end up eating with?
5. When Kinsey phones Doctor Dunne's office, she really just wants to speak to the nurse receptionist. What is she trying to find out?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)